PDA

View Full Version : Listening to WGN Radio

spongyfungy
10-28-2005, 01:15 AM
why? because I like listening to Nick Digilio (who by the way is probably the only media personality in chicago actively and openly rooting against the white Sox) I need a break from sports radio more than ever. I sort of wish the Sox won tonight so he would have been forced to take calls and talk about it.

anyways I'm listening to the news updates about the White Sox, and it's just sad how they try to rain on our parade.

one update : White Sox fans are celebrating on the street, but some fans couldn't help but rub it in at the Cubs. *cut to White Sox fan yelling about how there's no ivy, no wooden seats, no falling concrete*

another update : White Sox ratings were good in Chicago but was the lowest in history and about the dropoff from last year.

WGN radio -- a tribune company

hsnterprize
10-28-2005, 01:26 AM
That's funny...I talked to a WGN Radio reporter at Midway, and she asked me to repeat a line comparing the Sox win to Cinderella getting the glass slipper. I then said the Cubs fans could have their ivy, their trendy bar scene, and all that stuff because we have a world championship.

I don't know if they used my line, but my voice was pretty hoarse at that moment. Still, it was great to cheer for my team, and help stick it to that make-shift group up north...

...and if their fans don't like it...tough. Win a World Series, and maybe I'll respect them a little more.

spongyfungy
10-28-2005, 01:33 AM
That's funny...I talked to a WGN Radio reporter at Midway, and she asked me to repeat a line comparing the Sox win to Cinderella getting the glass slipper. I then said the Cubs fans could have their ivy, their trendy bar scene, and all that stuff because we have a world championship.

I don't know if they used my line, but my voice was pretty hoarse at that moment. Still, it was great to cheer for my team, and help stick it to that make-shift group up north...

...and if their fans don't like it...tough. Win a World Series, and maybe I'll respect them a little more.

Well that was you. It sounds familiar. I tried to requote you from memory (sorry :redface: ). They made you sound like a fan who only cared about pissing on the cubs.

I can record it because they are replaying a ton.

KnightSox
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Nick Digilio is a dope, he is the typical Cub fan who 'loves' the Cub's yet couldn't tell you who is in their rotation.He never would have acknowledged the Sox if they won last night, he would been talking about Roy Leonard or how Mickey Morandini was the greatest Cub ever.

hose
10-28-2005, 08:29 AM
http://wgnradio.com/shows/sp_central/kaplan.gif

I've never heard of Digilio but I have a hard time believing he is a bigger dope that David Kaplar.

Kaplar > Digilio = biggest drill rod

Uncle_Patrick
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM

Hey, I heard you on the radio! Cool.

SOXPHILE
10-28-2005, 10:14 AM
(With apologies in advance to anyone who listens to WGN):

WGN: Nursing Home Radio

or my favorite

WGN Radio-Listen to the Cubs game with Pat & Ron: Radio for the Criminally Stupid

greenpeach
10-28-2005, 11:45 AM
(With apologies in advance to anyone who listens to WGN):

WGN: Nursing Home Radio

or my favorite

WGN Radio-Listen to the Cubs game with Pat & Ron: Radio for the Criminally Stupid

Speaking of Pegleg Santo, what's been his reaction to the Sox championship ??

Dick Allen
10-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Speaking of Pegleg Santo, what's been his reaction to the Sox championship ??I'll bet he wasn't clicking his heels.

SOXPHILE
10-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I'll bet he wasn't clicking his heels.

I think he was taking all his hairpieces out to be washed and pressed, and missed alot of the Series. He also has been working with his son Jeff on the sequel to "This Old Cub". I think it's called "This Bitter Old Cub-Now That The White Sox Have Won The Series, Will Somebody Please Let Me In The Hall Of Fame ?"

1951Campbell
10-28-2005, 01:26 PM

OH NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argalarga
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Digilio was openly rooting against the Sox?

Man, I thought he was cool. I used to listen to him when I went back to Chicago, but so much for that.

TomBradley72
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Not to be too harsh...but anyone who intentionally turns on and listens to WGN Radio deserves whatever they get.

TornLabrum
10-28-2005, 07:31 PM

He sees a World Series in the Cubs' future.

spongyfungy
10-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Digilio was openly rooting against the Sox?

Man, I thought he was cool. I used to listen to him when I went back to Chicago, but so much for that.

He was going Go Red Sox. Then Go Angels and said "I don't know a thing about their team." Then after "go Astros." The regular overnight people were saying "can you imagine if the Sox clinched while he was working?"

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 10:13 AM
To be fair to WGN (and I have no idea why I want to be), their overnight host Steve King is a longtime Sox fan as is their overnight traffic guy Ted Novak. On the other hand, I about puked when, while dial flipping in my car, I heard Spike O'Dell refer to the Sox as "we."

VenturaSoxFan23
10-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I was always told WGN shouldn't be on your radio dial until you receive your AARP card. Then it's a requirement to make it a "favorite".

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I was always told WGN shouldn't be on your radio dial until you receive your AARP card. Then it's a requirement to make it a "favorite".

Well, I've had my AARP card for awhile now.

Brewski
10-29-2005, 10:33 PM
I caught a few minutes of a Cub game at the end of the season and Pat and Ron were giving the Sox their props. They didn't even sound bitter. Not that I would care if they did. Pat, at least, is a pro.