PDA

View Full Version : Another name change for SBC Park

The Dude
10-28-2005, 01:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-ballparknamechange&prov=ap&type=lgns

SOXintheBURGH
10-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Barry Bonds and the San Fransisco Giants welcome you to BALCO FIELD!

MisterB
10-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Considering how often these telcom companies merge, we should cover all the bases and just refer to it as 'The Phone Booth'. :rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
10-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Considering how often these telcom companies merge, we should cover all the bases and just refer to it as 'The Phone Booth'. :rolleyes:
It was lucky that we didn't sell the naming rights to the same company two years before we did. We would have spent two years as Primeco Park.:o: I'm sure there would have been little pink aliens all over the park.

MUsoxfan
10-28-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm sure there would have been little pink aliens all over the park.

I'd take those aliens any day over the Chevy Pride Crew:rolleyes:

Viva Medias B's
10-28-2005, 08:29 AM
With Chase taking over Bank One, I wonder if the Diamondbacks' ballpark's name will also change.

chaerulez
10-28-2005, 08:31 AM
The funny thing is where the 49ers play, what was known as 3Com and now Monster Park, but they had a bill passed that after the naming rights expires in 2008, they will revert back to Candlestick. This city loves to change stadium names.

chaerulez
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM
With Chase taking over Bank One, I wonder if the Diamondbacks' ballpark's name will also change.

It has already been renamed to Chase Field.

Fenway
10-28-2005, 11:30 AM
I m waiting for YAHOO to name a field :D:

I guess this means Illinois Bell will be getting yet another name as well

StillMissOzzie
10-29-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm waiting for YAHOO to name a field :D:

You mean they don't already sponsor the Cleveland Indians' mascot? I heard he changed his name from Wahoo to Yahoo...

SMO
:D:

Blueprint1
10-29-2005, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=MUsoxfan]I'd take those aliens any day over the Chevy Pride Crew:rolleyes:[/QUOTE

I got to to the world series because Chevy is a sponsor for the sox. Go Chevy pride crew:D:

LuvSox
10-29-2005, 01:54 AM
I m waiting for YAHOO to name a field :D:

It's all coming full circle.

The Dude
10-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I'd take those aliens any day over the Chevy Pride Crew:rolleyes:

I'd take just about anything in place of the Chevy Pride Crew....and I mean ANYTHING!!

ChiSoxRowand
10-29-2005, 04:52 PM
I guess this means the Spurs will have new naming rights to their stadium too?

Chips
10-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I'd take just about anything in place of the Chevy Pride Crew....and I mean ANYTHING!!

You'd be happy as hell if it was the Ford Pride Crew.

The pride crew needs to go though.

Soxzilla
10-30-2005, 01:06 AM
You'd be happy as hell if it was the Ford Pride Crew.

The pride crew needs to go though.

But...but...but...they throw out t-shirts!

I once saw a really big white man basically hip check a small asian lady trying to grab a shirt the Chevy Pride Crew threw. And the guy had already fetched one shirt...

It was at that point that I lost all faith in humanity.

Ironically, the t-shirt probably didn't even fit the lard-ass.

Mendoza Line
10-30-2005, 10:35 AM
It was lucky that we didn't sell the naming rights to the same company two years before we did. We would have spent two years as Primeco Park.:o: I'm sure there would have been little pink aliens all over the park.

"This call to the pen is brought to you by PRIMECO" *RIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!*
*collective crowd groan*

Don't remind me!

skobabe8
10-30-2005, 01:39 PM
This stuff makes me ill. U.S. Cellular can be swallowed by any one at any time and then we will have to go through this.

FarWestChicago
10-30-2005, 01:43 PM
The real question is how many of the Baby Bells from the original AT&T breakup are left? AT&T almost has the band back together. :D:

LongLiveFisk
10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't know about anyone else, and I understand companies taking over other companies, but this whole stadium name-changing thing is getting beyond ridiculous. And it will continue. Hopefully U.S. Cellular doesn't get bought out anytime soon.

MisterB
10-30-2005, 04:03 PM
The real question is how many of the Baby Bells from the original AT&T breakup are left? AT&T almost has the band back together. :D:

Let's see...the 'Baby Bells' were:

Nynex (NY & New England)
Bell Atlantic (Mid Atlantic states & West Virginia)
Bell South
Ameritech (Midwest)
Southwest Bell (Texas, Oklahoma, etc.)
U.S. West (Minnesota to Washington to Arizona)
Pacific Telesis (California & Nevada)

Nynex was bought by Bell Atlantic which merged with GTE to become Verizon.

Southwest Bell became SBC which acquired Ameritech and Pacific Telesis (PacBell) and is now becoming part of AT&T.

U.S. West is now part of Qwest Communications.

Bell South is the only one that's still it's own corporate entity.