PDA

View Full Version : And the 2005 Chicago White Sox World Tour Begins - Oprah Show Tomorrow (10/28)

HotelWhiteSox
10-27-2005, 11:57 PM
And the 2005 Chicago White Sox World Tour Begins, or shall I say, continues?

Both the White Sox and George Clooney are supposed to be on Oprah tomorrow

Chips
10-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I hate Oprah. Whatever, we're the world champs.

Soxfanspcu11
10-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Anyone know what time this will air?? Or are they just taping tomorrow???

ChiSoxGirl
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Anyone know what time this will air?? Or are they just taping tomorrow???

I ran into someone from WSI at Sports Authority tonight who knows someone who works for Harpo Studios. The story I got is that Oprah is going live tomorrow and will air at 9a!

HotelWhiteSox
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
From looking through my TV Guide, looks like they also replay at 11 pm every night. ABC

kittle42
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Maybe she'll recommend a book to them.

ilsox7
10-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Maybe she'll recommend a book to them.

Actually, if she recommends people to root for the Sox and buy tickets, it probably would have an impact. And that's scary. She has a ton of power.

Chicago
10-28-2005, 12:48 AM
so this is at 9am on ABC???

can i start eating bon bons that early???

shbart
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM
I ran into someone from WSI at Sports Authority tonight who knows someone who works for Harpo Studios. The story I got is that Oprah is going live tomorrow and will air at 9a!
Chisox girl you've got it right. I can tell you're a teacher, you actually have excellent listening skills. Since I talk fast and am still hoarse from the other night, even more impressive :smile:

I didn't make any of the post season games, so being at the Big O tomorrow should be excellent. I've been told that Clooney was taped today (Thurs.) and the Sox segment will be live tomorrow. Because of the two different audiences, we've been told to not wear Sox parphenellia:mad: ...of course there was nothing about showing up as Ribbie or Roobarb :tongue: ...actually if I spot a crowd cutaway I will use the Ozzie hand signal for Bobby Jenks, so WSI people will know who I am (being over 40 years old and called a lurker is somewhat disturbing)..... After the show, I'll have my friend introduce me to Oprah. I'll ask her to Puffers and by the end of the night I'm thinking she'll have a nice Sox tatoo and she'll start up a new Baseball magazine!
Tomorrow should be a good time:supernana:

p.s.- Feel free to start a thread on "If Oprah owned the White Sox"...that could keep us busy during the off-season.

muchojackdaniels
10-28-2005, 01:32 AM
where are the rest of the appearances? Do they get to make Leno or Letterman...that would be sweet

SOXintheBURGH
10-28-2005, 01:33 AM
so this is at 9am on ABC???

can i start eating bon bons that early???

:bundy