PDA

View Full Version : My Celebration Today (WSI Style)

TornLabrum
10-27-2005, 10:33 PM
I had one class today that presented an opportunity for me have a prolonged celebration of our new status as World Champions. It was a lab class, so I decided to use the WSI music files.

Naturally, I started with Captain Stubby and then went right down the list. One girl asked to leave. "I can't take this Sox stuff," she said.

My response was, "Tough."

For whatever reason, even the Cubs fans seemed to like Na-Na-Hey-Hey.

Joosh
10-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh, man, I really wish I had a class with you.

I can't stand Mr. Baker and Mr. Brady's constant Cub related whining. It's more Mr. Baker, though. Brady is at least is happy for the Sox.

DrCrawdad
10-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I had one class today that presented an opportunity for me have a prolonged celebration of our new status as World Champions. It was a lab class, so I decided to use the WSI music files.

Naturally, I started with Captain Stubby and then went right down the list. One girl asked to leave. "I can't take this Sox stuff," she said.

For whatever reason, even the Cubs fans seemed to like Na-Na-Hey-Hey.

In '03 Prairie Elementary School on Charles in Naperville had pro-Cubbie stuff on the school's sign. This year there was nothing about the Sox.

TornLabrum
10-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Oh, man, I really wish I had a class with you.

I can't stand Mr. Baker and Mr. Brady's constant Cub related whining. It's more Mr. Baker, though. Brady is at least is happy for the Sox.

If you read the thread Grobber started, you'll see what I had to say to Mr. and Mrs. Brady. Heck, I'll say it here.

When they congratulated me, I said, "Thanks. Maybe some day I'll be congratulating you...but I doubt it."

Mr. Brady at least knows his baseball, which puts him a leg up on a lot of Cubs fans. He's one that I respect.

Joosh
10-27-2005, 11:18 PM
If you read the thread Grobber started, you'll see what I had to say to Mr. and Mrs. Brady. Heck, I'll say it here.

When they congratulated me, I said, "Thanks. Maybe some day I'll be congratulating you...but I doubt it."

Mr. Brady at least knows his baseball, which puts him a leg up on a lot of Cubs fans. He's one that I respect.

Haha, thats Gold! :redneck

I agree with you about Mr. Brady, though. He hates that the Cubs are a bunch of losers, and knows more about baseball than any other Cub fan I've ever talked to.

thechico
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I went to Downers Grove North High. Back in '85, I had Mr. Lester for sophomore English. We had weekly spelling quizzes. One week, I had a winning ugly shirt on. He said, extra point for the Sox fan. A Cub fan piped up "What about the Cubs?". His response: minus 1 point for the Cub fan.
:tongue:

hehehehe

buehrle4cy05
10-27-2005, 11:49 PM
In my AP Euro class, my teacher was complaining about how she hasn't got enough sleep in the last week, and then told us that our quarter papers weren't done because "there are 4 quarters in a year and 1 White Sox World Championship in 88 years."

In my Spanish class, my teacher opened by saying, "Las Medias Blancas son muy buenos! Y para los Medias Blancas...dulces!" (Translation: The White Sox are very good! And for the White Sox...sweets!") He then proceeded to give the whole class candy.

I got into a nice little discussion about Jermaine Dye with my American Lit teacher, which cut into class a little.

My CPR/Swimming teacher is former Chicago Bear (for only 1 year) Todd Black. He never liked baseball, but I "suckered" him into watching the series. He then wrote on a teacher consent form (for getting out of school to go to the OPRF-Stevenson game), "Go White Sox".

I also made a bet before the playoffs started with the head baseball coach at OPRF, Chris Ledbetter. If the Sox won the World Series, he has to shave his head and write "Go White Sox" on it. He's a Cubs fan. If they lost, I had to write something negative about the Sox or Sox fans in my next column (which I had ways of side-stepping). Word got around, and I had about 10 people come up to me today and ask "when is Ledbetter shaving his head?".

It was a good day at school today. I walked up on guillen4life13 trying to recruit a teacher to WSI.:)

SpartanSoxFan
10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
In '03 Prairie Elementary School on Charles in Naperville had pro-Cubbie stuff on the school's sign. This year there was nothing about the Sox.

Absolutely terrible and embarrassing. I went to that elementary school Kindergarten through 2nd grade. :(:

Nellie_Fox
10-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Apparently someone needs to remind Naperville that they are south of Madison Street. By quite a lot.

I've known Mayor Pradel pretty much all my adult life. I'm trying to remember if I knew his baseball preference. I seem to remember him being a Sox fan, but maybe it's just that he's such a good politician that he makes everyone think he's on their side:D:.

BarbG
10-28-2005, 02:22 AM
"I can't take this Sox stuff," she said.

And I would have loved to have seen her face when you said that!

Our schools are Cub-loving. The middle school allowed Cubs shirts but not Sox shirts and took field trips only to Wrigley. My kids have tolerated years of Sox-bashing Cub love with silent patience.

Morton West actually allowed Sox shirts during the playoffs and at least one teacher made the most of it - my daughter loved it when this teacher started working out his Honors Advanced Algebra equations by "x"-ing things and saying, "He gone!" and writing on the blackboard with, "I can put it on the board, yes!" He has her undivided attention now.

mattcoz
10-28-2005, 03:45 AM
In '03 Prairie Elementary School on Charles in Naperville had pro-Cubbie stuff on the school's sign. This year there was nothing about the Sox.I went to Beebe Elementary and in '89 they had us count down the Cubs magic number by doing that number of jumping jacks in gym. I remember dreading the day that we wouldn't have to do any jumping jacks.