PDA

View Full Version : Next year's AL All-Stars

A. Cavatica
10-27-2005, 09:46 PM
MLB has reduced the amount of latitude that the manager has in choosing his team, but we can still hope that Ozzie takes every available opportunity to fill the roster with World Champion Chicago White Sox. Yankee/Red Sox has-beens need not apply.

So who do you think might have a legitimate shot next year?

Obviously, any or all of our top four starters could go. Jenks isn't quite All-Star caliber yet, but he could be the league's best closer once he tames his curveball. Cotts and Politte were unbelievable this year, but it's rare for setup men to make it.

I didn't think Konerko belonged last year, but he's certainly earned his spot now. He should do well in the fan voting -- representing us, I hope. Podsednik's performance in the Series only improved his chances of repeating.

Dye was Series MVP and already had some name recognition; Iguchi has been mentioned often as the Sox' own MVP; A.J. has had more press than anyone; and Rowand, Crede, and Uribe have now established themselves as Gold Glove candidates, so a hot first half could get any of them an ASG invitation.

Things are looking good. The goal should be five Sox in next year's game.

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 09:49 PM
MLB has reduced the amount of latitude that the manager has in choosing his team, but we can still hope that Ozzie takes every available opportunity to fill the roster with World Champion Chicago White Sox. Yankee/Red Sox has-beens need not apply.

Obviously, any or all of our top four starters could go. Jenks isn't quite All-Star caliber yet, but he could be the league's best closer once he tames his curveball. Cotts and Politte were unbelievable this year, but it's rare for setup men to make it.

I didn't think Konerko belonged last year, but he's certainly earned his spot now. He should do well in the fan voting -- representing us, I hope. Podsednik's performance in the Series only improved his chances of repeating.

Dye was Series MVP and already had some name recognition; Iguchi has been mentioned often as the Sox' own MVP; A.J. has had more press than anyone; and Rowand, Crede, and Uribe have now established themselves as Gold Glove candidates, so a hot first half could get any of them an ASG invitation.

Things are looking good. The goal should be five Sox in next year's game.

Just because our team won now doesnt mean they will be the exact dominating team next season, lets wait till july to tout stars

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Just because our team won now doesnt mean they will be the exact dominating team next season, lets wait till july to tout stars

Forget that, I want Ozzie to be totally biased and take about 9 Sox to the Summer Classic. They Yankees have done it so many time to us and we hardly ever have anybody in that game. This is who I want to see.

Pitchers
Mark Buehrle
Jose Contreras
Jon Garland

3rd Base
Joe Crede

1st Base
Paul Konerko

Outfield
Scott Podsednik
Jermaine Dye

Catcher
AJ Pierzynski

Reliever
Bobby Jenks

VivaOzzie
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
A lot of the reason we won was because the Sox play TEAM ball. It's a different guy every night. Therefore to keep this kind of play up next year, I hope we don't have more than 2 or 3 All-Stars among field players.

Stats get you to the All-Star game, they don't necessarily get you wins. Unless you're a pitcher. I hope we can get as many pitchers in the All-Star game as possible. Or at least give Ozzie a tough decision on who to leave off!

RKMeibalane
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM

:?:

Domeshot17
10-27-2005, 10:14 PM
this is the problem

Crede wont outvote Arod

Paulie will be heads up with David Ortiz

Pods and Dye are two very unsexy choices in a league ( as of now) with Manny Ichiro Vlad and Sheffield in the OF

AJ will be going up against Varitek and Juice ( Irod )

Still will be very tough getting votes from those guys

Chips
10-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I think its a little early to bring this up now. Somebody, God forbid, might get hurt in spring training, in the offseason, during the first half of next season. But I hope Ozzie puts as many Sox players on the team, except Timo.

kittle42
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
We're discussing this in October 2005?

A. Cavatica
10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Yes...because we can!

OUR MANAGER gets to pick the pitchers and reserves for a change!:smile:

buehrle4cy05
10-27-2005, 11:30 PM
I'd love to see Bad Bobby come in for the save in the 9th in Pittsburgh. Hopefully he will build off of this year and make the All-Star team next year.

Not trying to put too much pressure on the big guy, though.:redneck

soxfan26
10-28-2005, 08:10 AM
We're discussing this in October 2005?

Odd isn't it?

Am I alone in believing that a player's performance from April to mid July of 2006 should determine if he makes the All-Star team?

StockdaleForVeep
10-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Odd isn't it?

Am I alone in believing that a player's performance from April to mid July of 2006 should determine if he makes the All-Star team?

Exactly

Also i love crede but his numbers dont merit an all star in the reg season, defense is another matter

wdelaney72
10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
They need to reduce the impact of fan voting, not manager selections.

StockdaleForVeep
10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
They need to reduce the impact of fan voting, not manager selections.

Amen, im surprised cal ripken still aint gettin write in votes

Stroker Ace
10-28-2005, 08:37 PM
this is the problem

Crede wont outvote Arod

Paulie will be heads up with David Ortiz

Pods and Dye are two very unsexy choices in a league ( as of now) with Manny Ichiro Vlad and Sheffield in the OF

AJ will be going up against Varitek and Juice ( Irod )

Still will be very tough getting votes from those guysThey might get the start, but Ozzie cam pull them for Sox players. And hey, if the AL loses and history repeats itself, we will win the 2006 World Series in Chicago.

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 11:24 PM

Things are looking good. The goal should be five Sox in next year's game.Aren't we getting just a teensy bit ahead of ourselves?