PDA

View Full Version : We Love You Rooney, You'll Never Leave Our Hearts

kevingrt
10-27-2005, 09:23 PM
After listening to the radio montage, I can't stop but shed a tear not only for a "White Sox winner and a World Championship" but that good 'ole John Rooney is leaving us. I know countless threads are about him, but not in the last three pages of threads.

Rooney was brilliant in his final season and every other season with the Sox. It was so wonderufl to hear his voice when we won the AL Central, ALDS, ALCS, and obviously the World Series. Nothing was better then hearing him with Farmio describing every pitch and circumstance.

It will be tough next year without Rooney. I think I will get through it and lal other Sox fans will too. But here is a drink :gulp: to Rooney in his next job and to being a White Sox fan for life! :gulp:

GO ROONEY

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I cried too, hey we still have Hawk.

soxfan123
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I listened to his final call. I will never hear a better announcer.

I have a very fond memory of him in the car for Game 3 of the ALDS. I got stuck in traffic after a meeting that was out of my control and scheduled during the game. As I was driving back from my meeting, the entire car ride was the 6th inning. The moment I got in the car was the first pitch and the moment I got out was Damon's check swing for strike three. That was an amazing experience and I will never forget the calls Rooney made with Farmer. What a guy.