PDA

View Full Version : Who the hell is Kevin Hench?!?

doctorlecter
10-27-2005, 05:38 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5029850
This guy appears to be some kind of genius. He tries to make a case for replay in baseball. He heads one section: "Blown calls aided White Sox's title run." Somewhere in this section, he neglects to mention Lane's (non) home run, the fact that Dye WAS hit by another pitch in the Series, and did not receive first base, and the teacup stike zone that appeared in game 3 of the ALDS for Marte and Hernandez (which, by the way, made that the most amazing inning of pitching that I have ever seen). And, unless Rick Reiker blatantly lied to everyone in that press conference, and they have some replays that I haven't seen, by the NFL standards of instant replay, that call was INCONCLUSIVE!!!! It is impossible for anyone to look at that replay and tell me that there is NO WAY that it hit the ground. If replay was allowed, this article would be lamenting the failure of replay. Oh, and this D-bag also mentions this "curse" that I've never heard of before this year. Then, this A-hole implies that the "wrong" team won the World Series. If this weren't a sports editorial, this guy would be reprimanded for irresponsible journalism for his assumption of facts and omitting ones that don't support his point.

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 05:42 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta18810270521.world_series__hta188.jpg

What's that? I can't hear over all of the WINNING THE WORLD ****ING SERIES that we just did...

:cool:

Cooter
10-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Amen to that.

RowanDye
10-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Yea whatever Ken Grench. The White Sox are World Series Champions with or without replay. This team was never about winning popularity or media support anyways, it was just about playing winning baseball.

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Who's Kevin Hench? Well, it says right there at the end of the "story"

Kevin Hench is the head writer for the Too Late with Adam Carolla (http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/too_late_with_adam_carolla/index.jhtml) show on Comedy Central.

Ohhh, that Kevin Hench. Well that certainly qualifies him to write about sports.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ode to veeck
10-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Hench sounds like he should be green and have the voice of Boris Karloff. The Soc fans in Whooville can't hear him :redneck

FielderJones
10-27-2005, 06:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5029850
This guy appears to be some kind of genius. He tries to make a case for replay in baseball. He heads one section: "Blown calls aided White Sox's title run." Somewhere in this section, he neglects to mention Lane's (non) home run, the fact that Dye WAS hit by another pitch in the Series, and did not receive first base, and the teacup stike zone that appeared in game 3 of the ALDS for Marte and Hernandez (which, by the way, made that the most amazing inning of pitching that I have ever seen). And, unless Rick Reiker blatantly lied to everyone in that press conference, and they have some replays that I haven't seen, by the NFL standards of instant replay, that call was INCONCLUSIVE!!!! It is impossible for anyone to look at that replay and tell me that there is NO WAY that it hit the ground. If replay was allowed, this article would be lamenting the failure of replay. Oh, and this D-bag also mentions this "curse" that I've never heard of before this year. Then, this A-hole implies that the "wrong" team won the World Series. If this weren't a sports editorial, this guy would be reprimanded for irresponsible journalism for his assumption of facts and omitting ones that don't support his point.

Your first mistake was using Fox and journalism in the same paragraph.
:tongue:

HotelWhiteSox
10-27-2005, 06:46 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta18810270521.world_series__hta188.jpg

Great picture, I'm still tingly. This is so awesome. Seriously, I was mad at FOX last night, but I just don't care anymore. I don't care about the media (who for the most part has paid their dues), I don't care about the Flubbies anymore (the reason I did was the bias against us that was also used in their favor), all that matters is that we won the World Series, so ****ing unbelievable, no one can change that! The only time I will worry about an opposing team is if they're on the other side of the dugout or playing somewhere else while we're in a race with them. I still can't believe that I'm going to a championship parade tomorrow and have the chance to see this thing! Chicago has been starving for a baseball championship and the 2005 Chicago White Sox have delivered!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

MarySwiss
10-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Who's Kevin Hench? Well, it says right there at the end of the "story"

Ohhh, that Kevin Hench. Well that certainly qualifies him to write about sports.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, that explains it! The entire column was a joke. Too bad it wasn't funny. :cool: