PDA

View Full Version : Link to old CLee to Brewers for Scott Podsednik thread

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
LINK (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42708&page=1&pp=15)to old threads. Do not resurrect them.

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/music/other_stories/images/03501763.gif

"Stupid whitesox, stupid trade, they wont be goin anywhere this season"
::months later::
"I told everyone, this team was special"

longshot7
10-27-2005, 04:28 PM
This is great. Thanks for resurrecting this thread! If we would've known then, what we know now...............

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
::on the reference to linking:: noted

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 04:53 PM
This is great. Thanks for resurrecting this thread! If we would've known then, what we know now...............

Hah. After the CLee-Pods trade to the 'Geoff Blum and nothing more' trading deadline, I said to myself, "KW, I hope you never make another move I like."

:D:

clean
10-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21fg
Good point...how many playoff games have those guys won together?

Not any less than the guys we would be getting back.

oops!:cool:

DaleJRFan
10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
There are some classics in this ol' thread...

PHG really didn't like that trade... :D:

Craig Grebeck
10-27-2005, 05:24 PM
my favorite:

"That being said...why can't they take Konerko instead?"

Craig Grebeck
10-27-2005, 05:24 PM
hahaha, and:

"WE NEED ANOTHER SP!!!!!!!"

and:
"Why the hell am I still a Sox fan?"

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
hahaha, and:

"WE NEED ANOTHER SP!!!!!!!"

I laughed at the 'Jon Garland for Barry Zito' pipe dream trade. What a season! Who knew?

:)

Craig Grebeck
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
hahaha, its threads like those that make me love sports, in the weirdest of ways...look at this

"This has to be a cruel joke. Clee gone? Im gonna puke. You better get a hell of a lot more for clee than crap from the brewers."

and everybody screaming for Matt Clement...oh if we only knew

PaleHoseGeorge
10-27-2005, 05:30 PM
There are some classics in this ol' thread...

PHG really didn't like that trade...

Darn skippy, I didn't like it. The Lee trade happened BEFORE Kenny Williams went out and signed free agents El Duque and Tadahito Iguchi. I simply had no confidence the Sox GM would spend the payroll savings of trading Lee towards anything that made the team better. He proved me wrong, and I admitted as much last spring when I said how great I felt about the new, improved pitching rotation.

I remember making a comment about Contreras and Garland last April as being so clearly superior to Scot Schoenweis and Jason Grilli as the new #4 and #5 pitchers in the rotation. I said to appreciate our new rotation you only needed to squint your eyes and imagine those two worthless dopes standing on the mound for the '05 Sox 2 of every 5 days like they did in 2004. And surprise surprise, it was Contreras and Garland* that proved to be the two key pitchers that stepped up big time to win the '05 championship.

* Garland, the best #5 pitcher in baseball. :wink:

Like I said last night, this team has heroes all over the place, even Willie Harris after getting that lead-off single last night. They all deserve my respect, and that includes Kenny Williams.

Craig Grebeck
10-27-2005, 05:30 PM
hahaha
Our lineup is sure to rival that of the '02 Detroit Tigers.

MRKARNO
10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I didn't like the trade either, but the acquisitions of El Duque, Pierzynski and Iguchi made the trade so great. At the time, I was demanding Odalis or Clement and that would have turned out terribly. The upgrades that Duque, Iguchi and Pierzynski represented over Grilli, Harris and Ben Davis were the difference between a team that doesn't do a whole lot and a team that wins the World Series.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Very funny to read all the negative comments about Pods and AJ!