PDA

View Full Version : Compliments to the Trib

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 03:55 PM
for their coverage of the playoffs. I thought they did a great job. I know we bust on them for their coverage of the sox but I actually think their wraparound sections this past month were very well done and have given me a record to retain for posterity sakes that will look very good in a scrapbook. Photos, columns and graphics were solid.

miker
10-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Agreed. I started tearing up when I saw that picture of Creede at the top of the pile in this morning's Trib. The four day-after papers are the only one's I've bought in years. Maybe they worked a little harder to avoid suspicion or they're a little more objective than we give them credit for.

mrs. hendu
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I agree that they did a good job. Then again, of course they did because that's what many people were interested in and that's whay many bought the Trib.

Brian26
10-27-2005, 10:35 PM
I saw on CLTV a little while ago that the Tribune is producing a celebratory book on the 2005 White Sox season. The cover has a shot from the World Series win last night. I'm not sure if it's on sale yet, but it looks like it has potential to be a nice keepsake.

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 10:45 PM
In today's Sun Times they already have an ad from their retrospective on the season. It's called "White Sox: 2005 World Series Champions" (Very literal title, if you ask me. I guess they didn't want any misunderstandings.)

The website they have on the ad is www.SportsPublishingLLC.com (http://www.SportsPublishingLLC.com). It's $15 for the softcover or $5 extra for the hardcover.

BTW, I definitely don't work for the Sun-Times, so hopefully this post isn't construed as spam.

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Just as further reassurance that I'm not trying to spam the board, here's a link to the ad for the book that the Trib is publishing. According to the pdf file, the book will be $12.95 plus $6 S&H. No web ordering, so you'd have to call the number shown on the pdf file (800-222-4657) to order.

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-051027soxbook-pdf,1,4821225.acrobat?coll=chi-homepagenews-utl)

hose
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the links, I just ordered both books. (plus kittle's book)

buehrle4cy05
10-28-2005, 12:08 AM
I think the Tribune did a good job on the whole with the playoffs. I like their special playoffs sections a lot, and I also liked the feature articles from time-to-time on the front page.

Overall, they were good. Some bad parts, but for the most part, good.

C-Dawg
10-28-2005, 05:48 AM
I think the Tribune did a good job on the whole with the playoffs. I like their special playoffs sections a lot.

The special wraparound sections are a dead-ringer for the ones they did for the Cubs in 2003, including some of the terms they used such as "The Skinny". Just change the names and the pictures and they would be the same sections.

elrod
10-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Winning sells newspapers. The Trib ain't stupid. And they did a nice job.