PDA

View Full Version : Charo?

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Is Charo a Sox fan? She was just on that 10 downs show and she knew some semi-obscure Sox trivia, if she was not coached beforehand that is.

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I've never seen her at the Cell=not a Sox fan.

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Is Charo a Sox fan? She was just on that 10 downs show and she knew some semi-obscure Sox trivia, if she was not coached beforehand that is.You can teach a parrot to say "Kid Gleason". That doesn't make him a Sox fan.

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 04:05 PM
You can teach a parrot to say "Kid Gleason". That doesn't make him a Sox fan.

Well yeah, I was just curious if there was any truth to it. Not like it matters.

ode to veeck
10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
any thread with Charo ought to be in what's the score by default

daveeym
10-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Cuchi-Cuchi

SOXPHILE
10-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Charo ??!!! Uhhh.....:?:

Usually, when you have dip this low into the barrel of "C" and "D" list celebrities, you need a bathsphere.

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Charo, huh? Was Robin Leach not answering his cell phone? At least he's set foot in Sox Park recently.

I'd love to hear what was the rationale for pointing a camera at her for the first time in years, let alone connecting it to the Sox.

thechico
10-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I'd love to hear what was the rationale for pointing a camera at her for the first time in years, let alone connecting it to the Sox.

Ummm... She's Hispanic?

Now Xuxa... She can come to a game and jump on the bandwagon anytime... I'd even give her a place to sit.:D:

bayzbol44
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Who the heck is Charo? I have never heard of her (or him).

Now a CHURRO is always to eat.

thechico
10-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Who the heck is Charo? I have never heard of her (or him).

Now a CHURRO is always to eat.

Somebody oughta tell Brooks bout this. I can see an '06 commercial in the making.

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Ummm... She's Hispanic?

But she's not from Venezuela. She was born in Spain, according to Wikipedia. They couldn't get a MLB player from Venezuela to come on TV?

Whatever. It's all good when the Sox are the World Series champs.

(Although I can't believe I've just written two posts on Charo on WSI.)

Jayhawk73
10-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Ummm... She's Hispanic?

Now Xuxa... She can come to a game and jump on the bandwagon anytime... I'd even give her a place to sit.:D:

----------

I think it's safe to say that Charo was coached, and I know she is from Spain. Her original claim to fame was that she was married to the legendary band leader, Xavier Cugat (who, if memory serves, was from Cuba).

I had not seen Charo since, hmmm, the 70s I think. She appears to have changed very little from then.

But who, knows, she may well be a Sox fan.

And she can play a mean violin too (no kidding).

jswartz0181
10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Why was she on in the first place? That one's easy. She was plugging her new CD and was brought in to break the tie on that 1st and Ten segment of Cold Pizza.

bayzbol44
10-29-2005, 03:24 PM
OF course I meant to say...

A CHURRO is always GOOD to eat.

I guess I will have to find out who the heck Charo is.

bayzbol44
10-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Wow! I just found out who Charo is. I remember her now.

Back about 30 years ago, she might have been able to replace her name with Churro in my statement above. Right now, I just can't believe she was even a thread in WSI.

RadioheadRocks
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
----------

I think it's safe to say that Charo was coached, and I know she is from Spain. Her original claim to fame was that she was married to the legendary band leader, Xavier Cugat (who, if memory serves, was from Cuba).

I had not seen Charo since, hmmm, the 70s I think. She appears to have changed very little from then.

But who, knows, she may well be a Sox fan.

And she can play a mean violin too (no kidding).

She was on the second or third season of The Surreal Life on VH-1 and she's still cuchi-cuchi after all these years! (Plus she can play a mean acoustic guitar!!!)

Palehose13
10-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Somebody oughta tell Brooks bout this. I can see an '06 commercial in the making.

Actually, wasn't she in a Sox commercial in the early 90's? I could be wrong, but I thought I had heard years ago thst she was a Sox fan.

Dan Mega
10-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Are you serious? Charo?

Who's next, Ricky Martin?