PDA

View Full Version : My dog is happy that the World Series is over

SocialD
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
First, this is a great forum and I wish that I found it sooner.

My dog isn't a very well behaved pooch. It is safe to say that any yelling that takes place at my house is aimed in her direction. I noticed that she was acting very funny during the playoffs and especially the W.S.. I finally figured out that she must have thought that my yelling and cheering for the Sox as yelling and screaming at her. :o: What a great run for the Sox and I hope that we can continue it next year (I have to think that my dog doesn't).

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-27-2005, 03:11 PM
First of all,:welcome: my dog was the same way, he acted weird during game 3 against Boston and after the game he was back to normal. Through the rest of the playoffs he wasn't in the room with us. During game two of the world series when Konerko and Pods went deep he was hiding behind the coach thinking I was yelling at him and I had to coax him out with a treat to let him know I wasn't yelling at him.

Sargeant79
10-28-2005, 02:19 AM
I have two pit bulls, one of which is a big baby that is scared of fireworks. I live only blocks from the park. If we have the windows open at the house, every round of post-game or post-home run fireworks freak him out for a couple minutes. Prolonged celebretory fireworks in the neighborhood a-la July 4th and the White Sox winning the World Series (:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: ), he's not right until the next day.

TomBradley72
10-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Our yellow lab-Payton---was well prepared after dealing with my yelling, etc...throughout last winter's Illini and Bulls basketball runs. I think he's actually learning what "happy yelling" is....when Dye hit the single up the middle....he was wagging his tail and jumping around with me....but I did need to tell him he was a "good boy" about 100 times each game so he wouldn't freak out. :cool:

downstairs
10-28-2005, 09:07 AM
First of all, SocialD... great band... though I haven't listened to them in decades...

My cats are the same way... Its been nutty....