PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick admits stupidity

bluestar
10-27-2005, 03:35 PM
On his radio show today, Dan Patrick congratulated the White Sox and said, "and I have to admit I am stupid for saying I didn't think the White Sox could win it all."

I recall him saying before the post season that if Sox fans didn't like what he had to say, the Sox should just prove him wrong. :D:

Cooter
10-27-2005, 03:38 PM
...obviously, someone was listening.

Maybe he can take credit now. :rolleyes:

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 03:39 PM
If that's true I have a lot of respect for him. It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong especially in the media. You won't see Marrioti or Brantly doing the same.

DonkeyPlop
10-27-2005, 03:44 PM
If that's true I have a lot of respect for him. It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong especially in the media. You won't see Marrioti or Brantly doing the same.

Actually, Marriotti admitted it and I quote "Yes, the White Sox have proved me wrong. They've proved millions of others around the country wrong, too."

downstairs
10-27-2005, 03:45 PM

Marrioti did.

Brantley? Does he even count? Does ANYONE actually listen to him?

Either way, I never cared for the most part that the media didn't believe. Why should they have?

Only after last night's win do things change.

We did that.

Everything is different now.

CHIsoxNation
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM

This is so true. I believe this is the start of something great for this organization.

Layla
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
He said it quite a few times "I was wrong and I am stupid."

Loved it.:D:

Fuller_Schettman
10-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Marrioti did.

Brantley? Does he even count? Does ANYONE actually listen to him?

Either way, I never cared for the most part that the media didn't believe. Why should they have?

Only after last night's win do things change.

We did that.

Different how?

Will we all start reading The Moron now? Will he be welcomed into The Byrnes Family Circle of Trust?

Lordy, I hope not. One championship does not a mediot cure.

You don't rip a ballclub and their fanbase during The Season of a Lifetime and expect everyone to kiss and make nice because you were just trying to push buttons and sell newspapers.

Not on my watch...

Let me add that The Moron took a calculated risk that we were going to blow it. He consciously made this choice. I think we need to make him accountable for that choice. He rolled the dice and lost and now there is a consequence to that decision. He doesn't get to come into the clubhouse and be a part of this wonderful thing that has happened. Sorry.

SOXPHILE
10-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Different how?

Will we all start reading The Moron now? Will he be welcomed into The Byrnes Family Circle of Trust?

Lordy, I hope not. One championship does not a mediot cure.

You don't rip a ballclub and their fanbase during The Season of a Lifetime and expect everyone to kiss and make nice because you were just trying to push buttons and sell newspapers.

Not on my watch...

Let me add that The Moron took a calculated risk that we were going to blow it. He consciously made this choice. I think we need to make him accountable for that choice. He rolled the dice and lost and now there is a consequence to that decision. He doesn't get to come into the clubhouse and be a part of this wonderful thing that has happened. Sorry.

Here Here !!! The Moron can go jump off the roof of the Sears Tower for all I care. He IS the Windsock after all. Rips the Sox, the ballpark, the fans, not just this year, but every year. What's that ? They won the Series ? Oh, he's sorry, he was wrong. Sox rule ! Now, couple of weeks from now, he'll be right back to ripping the Sox and ownership during the free agency period.This offseason, hopefully, finally, Hawk's prediction can come true, and the Moron really will finally fly up his own hind end and dissapear forever.

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Its like talk radio guys that can rip a player like Joe for years and then when they win it they say '' oops guess I was wrong '' and the players and fans are supposed to forget he was ever ripping him.

They have to think before they write and talk.

bluestar
10-27-2005, 05:48 PM
They have to think before they write and talk.

If they could do that, they wouldn't be in the cesspool that has become sports talk radio.