PDA

View Full Version : Paul Wall Astros Song

seanpmurphy
10-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Anyone heard of this Paul Wall "They Don't Know" Astros remix? It's pretty ridiculous. I think Kanye needs to answer back with something about the Sox, especially since we like, you know, won the world series and stuff :rolleyes:

FedEx227
10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
How about Common?

I'd much rather he represent Chicago than Kanye.

fquaye149
10-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone heard of this Paul Wall "They Don't Know" Astros remix? It's pretty ridiculous. I think Kanye needs to answer back with something about the Sox, especially since we like, you know, won the world series and stuff :rolleyes:

There was an article about this on espn.com. It was made during before the world series. Paul Wall and Chamillionaire are two Houston rappers who each made a song to support the Astros? So what? I think it's cool they actually care about baseball. Paul said that one of his earliest memories was seeing a game in the dollar bleacher seats. What an *******

As for Kanye coming back at Paul Wellican? Don't count on it...they collaboed on "Drive Slow" which, if I'm not mistaken, is on both artists' albums.

I'm a Sox fan first...but I'm not going to talk **** about Paul Wall (who is a hell of a rapper) just because he wanted to support his club.

FedEx227
10-27-2005, 09:03 PM
who is a hell of a rapper

:roflmao:

thats not good.

fquaye149
10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
[/color][/color]:roflmao:

thats not good.

The Houston rap scene eats all other rap scenes for breakfast lunch and dinner right now.

Consider: Paul Wall, Cham, Lil Flip, Slim Thug, UGK, and they still have Scarface floating around out there.

It may not be your cup of tea, but most hip hop fans recognize Paul Wally and the Texas Screw scene.

FedEx227
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
The main-stream rap scene I agree, if I could take any of the mainstream artists in the game right now it'd probably be some of the Houston guys (Lil Flip, Slim Thug)

but none of those guys can hold a candle to Little Brother, Foreign Exchange or Murs.

fquaye149
10-27-2005, 09:44 PM
The main-stream rap scene I agree, if I could take any of the mainstream artists in the game right now it'd probably be some of the Houston guys (Lil Flip, Slim Thug)

but none of those guys can hold a candle to Little Brother, Foreign Exchange or Murs.

Those guys are iight, but to me "MC" means Move the Crowd (well, to me and Rakim).... I dunno. I can't get too into that backpacking...it's fine and everything but it's so deliberately underground at some points. This coming from a guy who loves JMT and Hiero...even so... I'm not feeling the current underground...and that includes JMT and Hiero.

ThatGuyOnTheL
10-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey, if I were drinking codeine cough syrup mixed with vodka and grape soda, I probably would've bet on the Stros too :D:

chaerulez
10-27-2005, 09:47 PM
[/color][/color]:roflmao:

thats not good.

I think Paul Wall makes Ma$e look like Talib Kweli.

fquaye149
10-28-2005, 01:20 AM
I think Paul Wall makes Ma$e look like Talib Kweli.

I think Paul Wall would love to see the figures Ma$e saw. Especially since he's doing it without a media machine like Puff Daddy.

And for all Talib Kweli's pseudo politics, the number of hot records he's made is 1/2 and that 1/2 is reflection eternal, mostly on account of Hi-Tek's skills.

So I don't have any idea what this post is supposed to mean.

seanpmurphy
10-28-2005, 12:20 PM
There was an article about this on espn.com. It was made during before the world series. Paul Wall and Chamillionaire are two Houston rappers who each made a song to support the Astros? So what? I think it's cool they actually care about baseball. Paul said that one of his earliest memories was seeing a game in the dollar bleacher seats. What an *******

As for Kanye coming back at Paul Wellican? Don't count on it...they collaboed on "Drive Slow" which, if I'm not mistaken, is on both artists' albums.

I'm a Sox fan first...but I'm not going to talk **** about Paul Wall (who is a hell of a rapper) just because he wanted to support his club.

I'm not talking ****, he is pretty good. I just think it's funny. What ever happened to Lil Troy? Isn't he from Houston? People's Champ is worth investing in if that's your type of music IMO.

fquaye149
10-28-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm not talking ****, he is pretty good. I just think it's funny. What ever happened to Lil Troy? Isn't he from Houston? People's Champ is worth investing in if that's your type of music IMO.

Troy's too busy trying to be a (base)baller to write songs about them!

FedEx227
10-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Hes puttin' 20 inch blades on da impala

itsnotrequired
10-28-2005, 11:25 PM
The Houston rap scene eats all other rap scenes for breakfast lunch and dinner right now.

Consider: Paul Wall, Cham, Lil Flip, Slim Thug, UGK, and they still have Scarface floating around out there.

It may not be your cup of tea, but most hip hop fans recognize Paul Wally and the Texas Screw scene.

I think what we are all forgetting is that Paul Wall has the Internet going nuts. Ultimate power.

Houston, Texas? This is the way we ball...

fquaye149
10-28-2005, 11:44 PM
I think what we are all forgetting is that Paul Wall has the Internet going nuts. Ultimate power.

Houston, Texas? This is the way we ball...

That still tippin' line might be the best rhyme in hip hop history

"i've got the internet going nuts
but t ferris got my back and so i'm holdin' my nuts"

fiiiiyuhhhhhhh

i'm at least 50% serious.

wolcott10
10-29-2005, 12:42 PM

Isn't Mike Jones from Houston?

fquaye149
10-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Isn't Mike Jones from Houston?

he is. I didn't list him for a reason, though.