PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cub messageboard?

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Just curious about what our north siders are saying this morning...

BNLSox
10-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm sure they are speechless...but also hopeful. We did in many ways take a huge step over night and so they must be thinking why not them?

Fenway
10-27-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm sure they are speechless...but also hopeful. We did in many ways take a huge step over night and so they must be thinking why not them?

www.northsidebaseball.com (http://www.northsidebaseball.com)

they not happy :smile:

FedEx227
10-27-2005, 02:01 PM
LOL!

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=191138

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=190800

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=191201

classiest fans in baseball.

mrs. hendu
10-27-2005, 02:05 PM
If you want to know what they're saying, go to MLB Sox and Astos boards. Stuff like "you're still #2", "why flubs are still #1" (attentance, urinal etc.), "the win is not for the city of chicago" etc. :rolleyes:

What a bunch of pathetic loser Flubs fans are. But what's new? :tongue: They just can't put up with our win. Popularity prevails eternally, championships don't.

Dan Mega
10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Another Flubs fan uses the same old excuse. They post about World Series ratings, and then accuse Sox fans of caring more about the Cubs for posting there. The Flubs fan originally brought up the topic. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, but I get this all the time from Flubs fans as well. They lack the ability to reason.

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 02:37 PM
From: homert0ne (http://www.forums.mlb.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&uid=1047782125) 9:25 am To: daverick (http://www.forums.mlb.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&uid=814413137) (3 of 191) 191138.3 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages?msg=191138.3) in reply to 191138.2 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=191138#a2) DONT BE IDIOTIC.. WORLD SERIES ARE FORGOTTEN.. POPULARITY PREVAILS ETERNALLY.

This is why I'm a Sox fan.

HChappasJr
10-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Who cares what Cub fans/media has to say? This is our moment and we shouldn't even be thinking about them now.

SSN721
10-27-2005, 02:43 PM
I dont think thoe MLB boards are even worth it. They represent the absolute bottom of the barrel of any fanbase, if they are even fans. Personally reading through it sounds more like a bunch 13 yos pretending they are adults. I think when you have to start sayign you are good with the ladies and are rich and successful to give you credibility in a baseball argument, a little immaturity is involved. I dont think anyone on those boards is a true fan of any team.

Buehrle > Wood
10-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Today some of my cubs fan friends told me this, "This doesn't change anything, the sox will always be second in Chicago." My response, "WE DON"T CARE." A majority of cubs fans who "don't care about the White Sox" get more pleasure out of being more popular than winning. It's sad. I also think its funny that they think they have a better chance at getting to the World Series next year. This team will remain mostly intact. If Contreras finally figured it out this year, we will be a very dangerous team next year.

credefan24
10-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Found this on one of their threads:

"You realize that your little dancing banana is what EVERY Sox fan uses over at WhiteSoxInteractive, right?"

Hilarious!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

mjharrison72
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I got a "well, the Sox still suck" from my flub fan buddy, told him I was trying to be a good winner and he was stirring the pot. He said: "Yep, and all of the support for the White Sox that I have delivered in the past month vaporized at approximately 11.00pm EDT yesterday."

Like I told him, that first step off the bandwagon is a doozy!

Dancin' Homer
10-27-2005, 03:08 PM
"Now you're understanding why we hate them. If you want a true glimpse of them, go check out www.whitesoxinteractive.com. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com./)
Of course before you go, I must warn you. In the words of Obi Wan Kenobi," "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

And from another post...

"To many of us here, the Sox fans lack of class has been evident for a long long time. However, most of us (or at least I) have always tended to think of it as a class issue. It simply canít be denied that Cub fans generally come from more well to do neighborhoods and suburbs throughout Chicagoland, and Sox fans tend to come from poorer / more blue collar communities. However, my experiences at work the past two weeks has challenged that notion for me, and really has me wondering what is at the root of their classlessness."

Me again...

What a bunch of jerks.

MeteorsSox4367
10-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Two of my co-workers who are Flubs fans have been getting their digs in regarding the Sox and everything else South Side-related. They seem especially bitter today.

In the interest of keeping a job that I both need and like - and not wanting to get banned from this site - my response to them is very simple:

Chicago White Sox = 2005 World Series Champions

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to pick which World Series Champion t-shirts I want to buy. Thanks for playing.

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2005, 03:37 PM
If you are really interested in a Cubs board, the one Fenway linked is probably the best. Just a warning, though, it has turned into a very dark and bitter place (ironically, that's just what they accuse WSI of being). My honest opinion is that I don't care about the Cubs, I have friends who are fans, I don't care if they don't want to root for the Sox or are angry that the Sox won. There are many Sox fans who would act the same way if the situation was reversed. I question the integrity of anyone who would decide to root for a team they profess is their rival against a team that they claim to not even care about, but whatever, if they don't have a problem with it, then fine. I do find it interesting, however, that a fan base that considers itself the "classiest" would revel in assigning White Sox fans many stereotypes that border on both classism and racism, things most people would not consider "classy". I also find it quite revealing that a fan base that declares that the White Sox aren't their rivals also claim that their fans should root against the White Sox, yet criticize White Sox fans for wanting the Cubs to lose.

I also think that Cubs fans criticizing anyone for having bandwagon fans hilarious.

Please just don't go trolling. Its just what they expect Sox fans do and, honestly, I think it reinforces their belief that they are important, and why let them keep thinking that?

Chisox353014
10-27-2005, 03:47 PM
As of 11:01 last night: Cubs = Colorado Rockies. There is no rivalry anymore with those losers. We won. It's over. :gulp:

Foulke You
10-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Wow, I feel dirty for having been on that "NorthsideBaseball" garbage board. What a bunch of bitter, annoying, snobby fans. Truly hypocritical of a fanbase that suppodedly "doesn't care" about us and doesn't consider us a rival. I love all the comments about attendance too. LOL! Have fun flying up that "Attendance Champion" flag at Wrigley next year. I'll enjoy my 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS flag at The Cell.:tongue:

2005WorldChamps
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I never thought to look for Cubs boards. Now that I've seen those two, I'm glad I never bothered before. I did get a laugh out that "rivalries" board. Is that all you've got? hahahahahahah

:kneeslap:

Cubs fans, my sig is for you.

daveeym
10-27-2005, 04:01 PM
If you are really interested in a Cubs board, the one Fenway linked is probably the best. Just a warning, though, it has turned into a very dark and bitter place (ironically, that's just what they accuse WSI of being). My honest opinion is that I don't care about the Cubs, I have friends who are fans, I don't care if they don't want to root for the Sox or are angry that the Sox won. There are many Sox fans who would act the same way if the situation was reversed. I question the integrity of anyone who would decide to root for a team they profess is their rival against a team that they claim to not even care about, but whatever, if they don't have a problem with it, then fine. I do find it interesting, however, that a fan base that considers itself the "classiest" would revel in assigning White Sox fans many stereotypes that border on both classism and racism, things most people would not consider "classy". I also find it quite revealing that a fan base that declares that the White Sox aren't their rivals also claim that their fans should root against the White Sox, yet criticize White Sox fans for wanting the Cubs to lose.

I also think that Cubs fans criticizing anyone for having bandwagon fans hilarious.

Please just don't go trolling. Its just what they expect Sox fans do and, honestly, I think it reinforces their belief that they are important, and why let them keep thinking that? There's a couple sane people in the bunch though, ripping the border line racisit idiots and even saying how half the bandwagon fans were bandwagon cubs fans before this year.

Seriously though, half the **** posted over there would get you an immediate trip to the roadhouse and likely banning over here. Talk about classless.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 04:02 PM

"You realize that your little dancing banana is what EVERY Sox fan uses over at WhiteSoxInteractive, right?"

I saw that...and the post right above it said. "I'm going to take a bath with my toaster". Quick, let's organize a toaster drive for all North Siders.

Hitmen77
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow, I feel dirty for having been on that "NorthsideBaseball" garbage board. What a bunch of bitter, annoying, snobby fans. Truly hypocritical of a fanbase that suppodedly "doesn't care" about us and doesn't consider us a rival. I love all the comments about attendance too. LOL! Have fun flying up that "Attendance Champion" flag at Wrigley next year. I'll enjoy my 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS flag at The Cell.:tongue:

How about it - I was thinking the same thing about feeling dirty for reading their garbage.

Wow, all of the crap they're writing sounds like it could be a "fake" Cub fan thread on WSI that we would do to show how stupid they would sound.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Check out the nuggets of wisdom from this guy - probably Hendry under a surname.
QUOTE: I know alot of people are feeling like http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif , and I know I should feel like :-& , but I'm not. We need to stop feeling pity for oneself, and say.....hey the White Sox 15 minutes of fame is over and they will back to being the "other" team in Chicago. It's going tobe rough for the next 4 months, but hey.....the WSox winning the series is a blessing in disguise. Let them gloat, but remember they'd STILL have to play at maybe the worst stadium (The Cell) in baseball, and the worst part of Chicago, so that's got to bring a little http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif to your face.

Not trying to start ANYTHING....but hey, guys like this make you WANT to see them continually fail. Lack of facts and focus....AKA, Cub fan.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
As of 11:01 last night: Cubs = Colorado Rockies. There is no rivalry anymore with those losers. We won. It's over. :gulp:

I'll drink to that. :cheers:

tstrike2000
10-27-2005, 04:17 PM

If you look at attendance trends in the 70's and 80's the Scrubs and Sox weren't very far apart in attendance. However, because of the Sox moving to cable in the early 80's which moved Haray Caray from the good to the bad, the Urinal being one of the oldest ballparks, certain media outlets and politicians try to pass the Urinal off as a national landmark and a piece of history. That has just turned the reason for attendance into nothing more than a trendy tourist attraction from the tools in charge of these media outlets. Besides the obvious of most of the fans not even knowing anything about baseball or who's on the team, the drunks in and out of the park pissing all around the neighborhood, the park is nothing more than a decaying piece of concrete with seats, weeds growing on the wall, and where losing is an acceptable way of life.

#1venturafan
10-27-2005, 04:29 PM
It just makes me laugh that their fans are so obsessed with being popular! Is this high school or something?

My answer to ANY obnoxious Cubs fan..."We won the World Series".

End of conversation.

Domeshot17
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
wow, There is a lot of bitterness at northside.com, but a lot of "dark cloudedness too" heres some of my favorite qoutes

The White Sox are much closer to building a dynasty then the Cubs are. There I said it...

CPatterson20 wrote:</SPAN>LoneStarCubFan wrote:The Cubs will win a World Series before the White Sox play in another one.

No way in the world they come close to duplicating what they did this year again. Not a chance.

Yeah, the Sox aren't exactly a budding dynasty.
they could get better and younger though if they go with McArthy and Anderson in the outfield. Plus they have Sweeny and Chris Young in the wings. I don't think they are a dynasty but they did just win the freaking world series.

he Cubs have to do some serious work before this talk is legitimate.

What team has won a world series where everything didn't "all come together?" I don't think they'll repeat but their regression probably won't be too dramatic.

I don't get it. I woke up this morning and it didn't bother me in the slightest that they won. seems to me a lot of cub fans have stooped to the bitterness level of many sox fans. get over it - they were the best team in baseball this year.

gogochisox1917
10-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Gosh, those guys make a lot of valid points. Maybe I'll pull for the Cubbies next year.

I honestly laughed out loud.

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 05:35 PM
"Cubs still rule. I can STILL pick up better-looking chicks by Wrigley Field than at the Cell..."

Touche, douchebag!

While you're doing that, we'll just do this:

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20051027/i/r3402320051.jpg

Hendu
10-27-2005, 06:09 PM
LoneStarCubFan[/b]] It sickens me that a franchise that fixed a World Series, a franchise with a fan base made up of classless trailer trash wife-beating parole violators, a franchise that employs sniveling whiny punks like Ozzie Guillen and AJ Eyechart, a franchise owned by the most evil man in baseball, is going to be handed a World Series trophy by said owner's lackey commissioner.

The White Sox epitomize everything that is wrong with baseball. If the game gets out of hand tonight part of me wants to see the Astros go down in a hail of beanballs. I want somebody in grey to get seriously hurt.

What a piece of garbage this person is. And nobody from their board called him out on it...the mods didn't ban him. What he says about Sox fans is bad enough, but wishing anyone to seriously get hurt....that's sick. There are people in this world who should not be allowed to breed, and this person is exhibit A.

And he's the one calling Sox fans classless. :rolleyes:

CaptainBallz
10-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Not Even Worth It.

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 06:53 PM

Eh, they have their fair share of level headed Cub fans as well. They are taking a "What can you say?" type of attitude...and that's the right approach. Had the situations been reversed, I would have offered a tip o' the cap to the Cubs and move on.

On the other hand, some of those knobs are acting like the stereotypical Sox fans and seem more interested in having the Sox lose than talking about their own team. Plenty of goons turned into straight-up Astro fans just to cheer against the Sox. How could a "real" fan cheer for an opposing team in their own division? Seems like some of the mods over there are getting annoyed with those guys as well.

Whatever. Sox are the champs.

woodenleg
10-27-2005, 07:04 PM

Ha ha - yeah, we've always known that they have their own 'obsession', haven't we?

Other than that, it's a waste of time...yawn.

HotelWhiteSox
10-27-2005, 07:26 PM
LOL!

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=191138

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=190800

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=191201

classiest fans in baseball.

From the 2nd link you posted:

190800.3 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages?msg=190800.3) in reply to 190800.1 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=190800#a1) No kidding! Can you imagine if we ever get in what the ratings would be? In fact, who cares if we ever get in, just knowing that we're more popular is enough.

Wow, I bolded the statement that completely describes Cub fans. Not only do they love being loveable LOSERS (which won't be loveable for so long if they don't start winning soon. This will completely by a Sox town in 1 year), but it shows how crappy it is for the media to say that only White Sox fans care about the Cubs. I sure as hell don't care anymore. Before now, we had nothing to boast about, and a bias that was used against us was also used in favor of them. But now it's over. We ****ing did it, and they no longer matter, until we play that stupid ass interleague (though it will be a nice time to really display my WS merchandise), they're dead to me

Chips
10-27-2005, 07:34 PM
?

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 08:18 PM
190800.3 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages?msg=190800.3) in reply to 190800.1 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages/?msg=190800#a1) No kidding! Can you imagine if we ever get in what the ratings would be? In fact, who cares if we ever get in, just knowing that we're more popular is enough.

The person who made this statement is not a baseball fan. Anyone who believes popularity is a substitute for a championship is an idiot.

Realist
10-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Northsidebaseball.com goes on to prove that sour grapes and goat milk make for a nasty and tasteless combination.

That being said, they do seem to have a few real sharpies over there. It's for them I am refusing to rub this Chicago White Sox World Series Championship in the faces of Cubs fans unless provoked.

Go Sox! [whoops... cancel that]

Stop and Rest Sox! You did it! :moonwalk:

spawn
10-27-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't even care about the Cubs anymore. After last night, just knowing that we are World Champs is the perfect tonic for the anti-Cub venom that has flowed through my veins. Let them degrade The Cell. Let them bask in their popularity. We'll bask in the glory of being the best baseball team in the world. That's all any true baseball fan wants or needs.

Knoxville Sox
10-27-2005, 10:44 PM
By and large, they are not baseball fans. They are baseball's answer to a soiree at a Polo Ground: the game doesn't matter as much as the gaining of some fake social status attained by simply placing your rear end on a hallowed seat in the greatest sporting ground ever created by mankind.

Cub fans remind me of Shelley's Ozymandias (forgive me if I mess the lines up):

I am Ozmandias, King of Kings!
Look ye...and Despair!

Visitors look at the surroundings of Ozymandias's self-gratifying memorial...and all they see is decay and defeat. That poem could easily represent everything about the Cubs.

FielderJones
10-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Cub fans remind me of Shelley's Ozymandias (forgive me if I mess the lines up):

I am Ozmandias, King of Kings!
Look ye...and Despair!

Visitors look at the surroundings of Ozymandias's self-gratifying memorial...and all they see is decay and defeat. That poem could easily represent everything about the Cubs.

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed,
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Now that you brought it up, those last three lines describe the Urinal. :tongue:

Layla
10-28-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't even care about the Cubs anymore. After last night, just knowing that we are World Champs is the perfect tonic for the anti-Cub venom that has flowed through my veins. Let them degrade The Cell. Let them bask in their popularity. We'll bask in the glory of being the best baseball team in the world. That's all any true baseball fan wants or needs.

Truer words have not been written.

Say what you want. The White Sox are the Champions. They did it without egos. They truly are the heart and soul of every White Sox fan.

And I can't help but laugh at the popularity lines. What is this, high school?

And did anyone else notice how the guy defended his dancing banana? "It's an ear of corn from the Nebraska Cornhuskers."

But I agree with whoever said they feel dirty. So do I. It's like seeing the darkside.

TomBradley72
10-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Cub fans claiming they are "classy"? What a joke.

Standing ovation for Sammy Sosa the night after he was busted for a corked bat.
Terrorized Bartman after the "incident"
Throw garbage on the field every time they disagree with an umpires call
Attacked Randy Myers during a game
Attacked the Dodger bullpen during a game
In general seem to equate "class" with how much money someone makes or which part of the city or suburb someone is from...pathetic.