PDA

View Full Version : Pirates fans' views: Must Read!

HootieMcBoob
12-13-2001, 09:37 PM
I was looking on the Fan Forum at pirates.com and here's a few quotes I copied from the board:

"If this trade does not produce, we will have a major crisis on our hands here. We have traded our only exceptional pitcher to the Chi Sox ."

"In my opinion the team is starting to show improvement by the deal they made today. The White Sox are acting like they received a 20 game winner. I think that the Pirates got the better end of the deal. The deal then saves the Pirates some money with the deal and received the better players in the deal."

"I see we gave up Ritchie for three young arms. My initial reaction was Our best pitcher for 3 risks !

They're not too high on Kip over there: "I'm hearing some gouge about Kip Wells, any stats on him? I'm thinking he's no David Wells; rather a .500, 11-11 type of guy with an ERA in the mid-4's. (Typical Bucco acquisition)"

Just look and see how awful the Pirates are and how thankful we should be!!! Kip is their ACE!! LOL!!!
:
"This brings me to a quandry.....What exactly will be our rotation next year? This is the way I see it....
1) Wells?
2) Jimmy "Fat Boy" Anderson
3) Dave Williams
4) Joe "Done-in-the-Fifth" Beimel?
5) Bronson Arroyo?"

"Ritchie, although a solid starter for the Bucs, can help out a contending team a lot more than the Pirates. I liked Todd Ritchie a lot, but I just think that it was a good opportunity for the Bucs to make a deal and get three decent arms, with Wells having the potential to be a front of the rotation pitcher."

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Just look and see how awful the Pirates are and how thankful we should be!!! Kip is their ACE!! LOL!!!Damn, now I'm pissed! I didn't know Kip was our ace. :smile:

Daver
12-13-2001, 09:45 PM
Does a lot to back up my argument with Bmr.

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Damn, now I'm pissed! I didn't know Kip was our ace. :smile:

I can only imagine the hell that would have broke loose had The Choice been in this deal.

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I can only imagine the hell that would have broke loose had The Choice been in this deal. LMAO!!

OfficerKarkovice
12-13-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by daver
Does a lot to back up my argument with Bmr.

That it does Daver...that it does.

Daver
12-13-2001, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

That it does Daver...that it does.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 09:52 PM
LMAO!!

I'd bet they love it.

:hitless
They love me in Pittsburgh.

danman31
12-13-2001, 10:38 PM
I'd bet they love it.

They love me in Pittsburgh.
Wouldn't he be one of the better players on that team though?

I would be the Pirates MVP and carry them to 60 wins!!

Spiff
12-13-2001, 10:50 PM
What about Kris Benson? Isn't he going to be back for the start of the year?

I could care less about Kip it's giving up Lowe and Fogg that pisses me off.

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

I could care less about Kip it's giving up Lowe and Fogg that pisses me off.

Is everyone else blind to the fact that the Sox didn't like Lowe? They jerked him around last year and he pissed off management by some of his comments after being sent down. At the end of last season he said he wanted to be a starter or he wants out, period. That's it, he wasn't going to be a starter so they moved him. Could they have moved him in another deal? Yeah, sure they could have but they didn't. The deal is done and no matter how much people complain Sean Lowe and Kip Wells are not coming back.

Get over it.

Flame way.

CLR01
12-13-2001, 11:01 PM

Is everyone else blind to the fact that the Sox didn't like Lowe? They jerked him around last year and he pissed off management by some of his comments after being sent down. At the end of last season he said he wanted to be a starter or he wants out, period. That's it, he wasn't going to be a starter so they moved him. Could they have moved him in another deal? Yeah, sure they could have but they didn't. The deal is done and no matter how much people complain Sean Lowe and Kip Wells are not coming back.

Get over it.

Flame way.

:flameswing

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
:flameswing

Nice CLR.

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 11:03 PM
The deal is done and no matter how much people complain Sean Lowe and Kip Wells are not coming back. I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is a Sox trade after all. :smile:

Jjav829
12-13-2001, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

Thats exactly what I was thinking reading those quotes. If only their GM would have forgotten about Benson like their fans have. He looked like one of the most promising young arms before he went down. Maybe they are worried he won't be the same...

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is a Sox trade after all. :smile:

That's true.

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is a Sox trade after all. :smile:

EDIT:
double post my bad.

GASHWOUND
12-13-2001, 11:25 PM

Get over it.

Flame way.

I'm not blind. KW was a dicking Lowe around. KW was on 1000 this afternon and the guys brought this up and he says the usual. "Uhh, I don't hold grudges against anybody." Of course nobody was buying it. He was also very upset about them bringing up the nixed deal. But Lwe was a s good as gone. He would have traded Lowe for a single A middle relief pitcher if he had to.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-13-2001, 11:38 PM

First, I don't think Lowe deserved to be a starter. I'm sure being a long reliever made Lowe unhappy, but as a fan, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like the idea of every guy on the team feeling certain he could contribute more. Lowe was a very good middle reliever, sometimes awesome. He would never have been anything more than a serviceable starter.

Having said that, I can't figure out why the Sox front office hated him. Demoting him last April to Charlotte was nothing short of bizarre. Lowe was one of our most consistent pitchers last year, and all they did was jack him around.

Why am I sure our new GM played a major role in this?

:KW
"Sean, Shawn, or Shaun. Guys with confusing names give me the creeps!"

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Having said that, I can't figure out why the Sox front office hated him. Demoting him last April to Charlotte was nothing short of bizarre. Lowe was one of our most consistent pitchers last year, and all they did was jack him around.

He must have said something. Looks to me like he crossed the boss, which is never a good thing in the business world. Not that I would know. Foulke said the other day that him getting sent down didn't set well with the guys in the clubhouse.

Mathew
12-14-2001, 01:26 AM
Kris Benson is the only Bucco I would have taken in a fantasy draft, but he's a wait and see now.

Mathew
12-14-2001, 01:35 AM
I'm gonna step out on a limb and say it helped both teams out. I talked to a Pirate fan and he liked it. If the Bucs' get better in 4 years good for them, if were better now that's good enough for me. Even if Kip pans out he would not have gotten that chance here. Further no matter how much talent you have you can't get too much for Kip with his career 5 E.R.A.

Bmr31
12-14-2001, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
I'm gonna step out on a limb and say it helped both teams out. I talked to a Pirate fan and he liked it. If the Bucs' get better in 4 years good for them, if were better now that's good enough for me. Even if Kip pans out he would not have gotten that chance here. Further no matter how much talent you have you can't get too much for Kip with his career 5 E.R.A.

True. And we didnt get much......

Mathew
12-14-2001, 02:31 AM
Me and BMR agree! You guys are in trouble now.

Iguana775
12-14-2001, 09:42 AM

EDIT:
double post my bad.

you know you can delete your post, dont you?? just go to edit your post and you have the option of deleting it.