PDA

View Full Version : World Series DVD

junkyarddoug
10-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I can't wait until they come out with the World Series DVD. The Sox are thinking of naming it "Didn't Die Trying". I think that would be a great title. Any other ideas out there.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 01:19 PM
I ordered mine. I think it takes about a month before they ship them out if I remember...

SoxFan78
10-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I wonder if MLB will put out a box set of all the post season games like they did for the Red Sox. If they did, I would be all over it!

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I wonder if MLB will put out a box set of all the post season games like they did for the Red Sox. If they did, I would be all over it!

They've got to, don't they?

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 01:48 PM

What is the one they have out now about? Just highlights of all of the WS games? I really would like to have each inning of every game on DVD. This could very well be the best White Sox team we ever will see.

SoxFan78
10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
What is the one they have out now about? Just highlights of all of the WS games? I really would like to have each inning of every game on DVD. This could very well be the best White Sox team we ever will see.

The one they are releasing now is just like a hour or two of highlights. The Box set that was made for the Red Sox was every game on its own DVD.

Here's a link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IXRLW/002-7437490-1754405?v=glance&n=130&n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance

Fenway
10-27-2005, 02:01 PM
MLB just released a box set for the Yankees 1996-2000

Don't expect the full set until after they market the rush version

fincher
10-27-2005, 03:00 PM
I ordered two of 'em last night. Hopefully its in widescreen, too.

Wsoxmike59
11-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Until the 2005 WS DVD comes out, you can relive some of the highlights here.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws

LongLiveFisk
11-12-2005, 09:20 AM
I'll wait and see if they release a DVD of all postseason games (Hopefully that's not a pipe dream). I really don't want just highlights.

chaerulez
11-12-2005, 09:46 AM

While taking a look at some of these, viewing Crede's go ahead in game 1 of the WS, you can't help but laugh at Fox. How sad is it that Buck is too busy talking to the pitching coach of the Astros while a huge home run was just hit? What a joke, I remember when I saw that I thought it was a replay.

DenverSock
11-13-2005, 12:39 PM
MLB just released a box set for the Yankees 1996-2000

Don't expect the full set until after they market the rush version

Yes, but have you or anyone else any idea of the time frame? I'm willing to wait but I do want the full version only. :bandance::bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
11-13-2005, 01:22 PM
While taking a look at some of these, viewing Crede's go ahead in game 1 of the WS, you can't help but laugh at Fox. How sad is it that Buck is too busy talking to the pitching coach of the Astros while a huge home run was just hit? What a joke, I remember when I saw that I thought it was a replay.

I've been rewatching a lot of the postseason games lately, and it's uncanny how often Buck and McCarver are in the middle of the most banal conversations when the Sox have huge at-bats.

My personal favorite is McCarver being asked by Buck if Brad Lidge "still has that taste in his mouth" from giving up the monster home run to Pujols, and literally one second before Pods hits the game-winning blast in Game 2 of the World Series, McCarver authoritatively says that he thinks that taste is gone.

Erik The Red
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I've been rewatching a lot of the postseason games lately, and it's uncanny how often Buck and McCarver are in the middle of the most banal conversations when the Sox have huge at-bats.

My personal favorite is McCarver being asked by Buck if Brad Lidge "still has that taste in his mouth" from giving up the monster home run to Pujols, and literally one second before Pods hits the game-winning blast in Game 2 of the World Series, McCarver authoritatively says that he thinks that taste is gone.
No, he didn't say that. I just replayed the video I have of Pods' homerun, and Joe Buck says something like, "And Lidge has a new taste," after which McCarver says something like, "That taste might be there now."

RealFan
11-13-2005, 02:16 PM
No, he didn't say that. I just replayed the video I have of Pods' homerun, and Joe Buck says something like, "And Lidge has a new taste," after which McCarver says something like, "That taste might be there now."

You're both right. The first poster is right in that Buck/McCarver said what he says they said right BEFORE the Pods HR. And then AFTER the HR, they said what Erik the Red says they said.

I still don't like the Fox team.

Erik The Red
11-14-2005, 12:14 AM
I didn't read the "literally one second before" part. My bad. :redface:

It wasn't literally one second before, but I'll take both of your words for it since the video I captured was the highlight from mlb.com (not the full game download) and I can't go back any further to check. :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
11-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Speaking of that Fox team, could Joe Buck sound any less enthused about a team winning it's first title since 1917?

I've watched my tape of game 4 about a hundred times and every time it sounds like Joe Buck announcing that his dog just died.

I hate Fox, first they have Buck and McCarver announcing baseball games and then they cut Arrested Development's episode order!

TommyJohn
11-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I can't wait until they come out with the World Series DVD. The Sox are thinking of naming it "Didn't Die Trying". I think that would be a great title. Any other ideas out there.

What a lame title. I'm all for naming it "Don't Look Back!" for two reasons.
First, it would be a reference to the fact that they became the fifth "wire-
to-wire" team in baseball history; they took over first place on opening day
and never "looked back."

The second would be a jab at the media, specifically the Sun-Times. I
haven't forgotten the time in August when they put in the paper a
comparison between the records of the 2005 Sox and the 1969 Cubs
under the line "don't look back."

Of course, you could also name it "(Not) the 1964 Phillies."

or

"Choke, Interrupted."

or

"88 Years in the Making"

kevingrt
11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Speaking of that Fox team, could Joe Buck sound any less enthused about a team winning it's first title since 1917?

I've watched my tape of game 4 about a hundred times and every time it sounds like Joe Buck announcing that his dog just died.

I hate Fox, first they have Buck and McCarver announcing baseball games and then they cut Arrested Development's episode order!

No one can sound less enthuased. He sounded more excited when Mike Alsott got in fr the two point conversion yesterday. Oh well though. I will always remember Rooney's call, even if he is on the Cards team now.

Iwritecode
11-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I didn't read the "literally one second before" part. My bad. :redface:

It wasn't literally one second before, but I'll take both of your words for it since the video I captured was the highlight from mlb.com (not the full game download) and I can't go back any further to check. :smile:

Maybe not one second but pretty damn close. Going purely by memory it was the very next pitch after he said it. 5 seconds maybe?

RadioheadRocks
11-14-2005, 03:11 PM

"The 2005 Chicago White Sox... they're REAL and they're SPECTACULAR!!!!!" :D:

MaggPipes
11-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Nice Seinfeld reference there radio...kind of dates yourself though...I have seasons 1 through four so far...

cheeses_h_rice
11-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Maybe not one second but pretty damn close. Going purely by memory it was the very next pitch after he said it. 5 seconds maybe?

I admit. I didn't time it. :redface:

MUsoxfan
11-14-2005, 05:16 PM

I could seriously sit and watch these over and over again for days