PDA

View Full Version : Official Willie Harris came up HUGE thread (AKA, The Gang of 4 came through again!)

asindc
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
One of the great things about following this team this year is watching a total 25-man team effort throughout the season. Willie Harris' performance last night is a microcosm of what this team has been about since day one. Great stuff, especially following the 14-inning all-hands-on-deck game. Just beautiful.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I loved the shout out he gave to "Group Four" when he was interviewed on the field.

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
First off, do not call them scrubs. That's what we call the other team in Chicago. But, I do love how our bench came through big. Before the World Series I was feeling bad for them because they did not get a chance to contribute. Heck, we had only 2 substitutions (I think Pablo run for Pierzynski in Game 2, and Neal Cotts in Game 1) in the whole ALCS! I have always been a Harris fan too, so that hit in particular made me satisfied.

slavko
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Willie. You'll be somewhere else next year, starting at second base, but you'll always be a White Sox Winner to me.

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Anyone heard from bafiarocks? Or is she still breathing into a paper bag?:tongue:

asindc
10-27-2005, 01:16 PM
First off, do not call them scrubs. That's what we call the other team in Chicago. But, I do love how our bench came through big. Before the World Series I was feeling bad for them because they did not get a chance to contribute. Heck, we had only 2 substitutions (I think Pablo run for Pierzynski in Game 2, and Neal Cotts in Game 1) in the whole ALCS! I have always been a Harris fan too, so that hit in particular made me satisfied.

I hear you. It was only meant as a tongue-in-cheek reference.

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Sorry but have to debate anyone on the merits of retaining Willie on this roster next year. I say he replaces Timo on the permanant roster as he can play outfield as well as infield and he has the lefty stick that timo brings.

Since coming back up in Aug, Willie has been a differant player. He hit so well in very limited duty, is a great fielding 2nd baseman, ran the bases much more agressively and successfully and was a good bench rally guy.

That hit off of a very tough closer(lidge) was just the play of the game,almost.

It changed the game, the series, our lives.

Here's to Willie- who sucked it up after the demotion and contributed in a so meaningful way!!!!!!

clean
10-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Willie Harris will always be one of my favorite White Sox players. I'm very happy Ozzie gave him the chance to help the team. In reality, all the bench players just wanted to do was help the team win and to be a part of it.

tebman
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Anyone heard from bafiarocks? Or is she still breathing into a paper bag?:tongue:
:rolling:
I wondered the same thing in the game thread last night after Harris scored the run. She might be circling at a low altitude over the players' parking lot. :D:

D. TODD
10-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Group 4 came up huge in Houston (Blum & Harris) with gamewinning runs. Harris also had a key stolen base in Game 3. I really regret that he is allergic to champagne, because you know he would have been a riot in the clubhouse.

mattcoz
10-27-2005, 01:57 PM
http://www.dreamstime.com/thumb_13/11180143232XM188.jpg

Group 4, we salute you!

Hendu
10-27-2005, 02:01 PM
I loved the shout out he gave to "Group Four" when he was interviewed on the field.

I also loved the shot of him at the top of the dugout steps after Blum's 14th inning homer, holding up 4 fingers.

Then after Willie scored the run in yesterday's game, Blum picked him up and hugged him in the dugout. I like how these guys stuck together and were ready to be heroes when called upon.

Jerko
10-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Ric Flair and friends salute you too:

http://www.picthisphotography.com/pages/wrestle/images/fh4.jpg

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.gardenofpraise.com/images/m2hand4.jpg

hose
10-27-2005, 02:06 PM

hehehe she has to be floating on air.:cool:

FarWestChicago
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
First off, do not call them scrubs.I fixed it. :D:

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Then after Willie scored the run in yesterday's game, Blum picked him up and hugged him in the dugout. I like how these guys stuck together and were ready to be heroes when called upon.I also saw Borchard pick Willie up and throw him over his shoulder and walk around the dugout after he scored... hilarious.

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Willie was 13 of 31 since being called back up in Aug. That is a BA of .405.

Willie can play and I hope he is around next year.

bafiarocks03
10-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I also saw Borchard pick Willie up and throw him over his shoulder and walk around the dugout after he scored... hilarious.

Yeah That's right guys! All of you can now take back every single bad thing you ahve said about my love! Without him last night.who knows what would have happened! Wow..the minute I saw him batting..i was like HOLY CRAP!!!! and like cried..then he got a hit...cried again...then scored...lost it...Then saw Borchard do that to Willie..started criying agin...then!!!! He was crying after when we won!!! And he didn't celebrate!! he said they poured a few beers on him! But it musta been bad last time he celebrated! Poor Wilie! Omg and DId anyone happen to be watching ABC yesterday, they INTERVIEWED OZNEY!!!!!!! i was like OMG!! Am I dreaming!! They are interviewing OZNEY!!! Oh he looked lovely! THey talked to Ibis too! and Marriane Rowand! And did you guys see little Lucy Crede!! and A.J. baby! Aw..how cute!!

24thStFan
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I hope the Sox keep Willie Harris. He is a versatile athlete and has earned a place in White Sox history!

Not only that, but he went to Cairo (GA) High School which is about 30 miles from where I live. Go Syrupmakers!!!!

maurice
10-27-2005, 05:10 PM
I have only one thing to say about Ibis & Mrs. Crede.
Nice work Ozzie and Yoe!

- - -

:AJ:
"A month ago, they were calling us chokers. But now they can
call us something else that starts with a C-H -- champions."

bafiarocks03
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
I hope the Sox keep Willie Harris. He is a versatile athlete and has earned a place in White Sox history!

Not only that, but he went to Cairo (GA) High School which is about 30 miles from where I live. Go Syrupmakers!!!!

Thank you!!!! My only wish is that if he does leave..he leaves after SOxfest..so i can see him again for the last time. that's all i'd ask!

Vernam
10-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah That's right guys! All of you can now take back every single bad thing you ahve said about my love! Without him last night.who knows what would have happened! Wow..the minute I saw him batting..i was like HOLY CRAP!!!! and like cried..then he got a hit...cried again...then scored...lost it...Then saw Borchard do that to Willie..started criying agin...then!!!! He was crying after when we won!!! And he didn't celebrate!! he said they poured a few beers on him! But it musta been bad last time he celebrated! Poor Wilie! Omg and DId anyone happen to be watching ABC yesterday, they INTERVIEWED OZNEY!!!!!!! i was like OMG!! Am I dreaming!! They are interviewing OZNEY!!! Oh he looked lovely! THey talked to Ibis too! and Marriane Rowand! And did you guys see little Lucy Crede!! and A.J. baby! Aw..how cute!!OK, now the Series victory feels complete after the bafiarocks siting. :wink: I officially take back all the bad stuff I said about Wille. He's a different player since he came back from Charlotte, and I'm happy for the guy to have played an important role in the win. It was even good for Borchard to make himself useful by hoisting Willie!

Vernam

DieTrying79
10-27-2005, 09:54 PM
:worship: The Sox Bench