PDA

View Full Version : 63rd street at Midway.

hose
10-27-2005, 12:00 PM
I heard Brooks say the players should be coming back at around 2:30-3:00.

Any tips on where I can park my car would be appreciated.

Walking a couple miles isn't an issue as long as I can find a place to park.

hsnterprize
10-27-2005, 12:05 PM
There's a 5/3 Bank parking across the street from the intersection where the players will be leaving the airport from. But get there EARLY because police and media trucks will take up that space faster than a Bobby Jenks fastball. If you can't get in that lot, you can try parking in the neighborhood, but be careful...I think many of those streets right near Midway are for residents, and they have parking stickers.

If worse comes to worse, park your car at the Midway Airport CTA park and ride. I think it's only $2 to park there if you're lucky enough to find a space. Then either take a bus south to 63rd and Cicero, or just walk to that corner...and turn right. 63rd and Laramie is between Cicero and Central Avenues.

hose
10-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the tip, I've never been to Midway before.

Cat Thief
10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
s closed at US-12/US-20/US-45/La Grange Rd (#279) due to accident - Rolled-over tanker is leaking ethanol mixed with alcohol. This is now a HAZMAT situation. The southbound Lagrange exit is closed...along with the Northbound entrance ramp. DETOUR: southbound traffic is being diverted off at 1st Ave || but crews now block the entrance ramp from SB 1st Ave to the OB Stevenson. IDOT crews are now in the process of the closing the Cicero, Central and Harlem entrance ramps to the OB Stevenson as well. ALTERNATE: ARCHER AVE. or I-290 EISENHOWER EXPRESSWAY

hose
10-27-2005, 01:04 PM
s closed at US-12/US-20/US-45/La Grange Rd (#279) due to accident - Rolled-over tanker is leaking ethanol mixed with alcohol. This is now a HAZMAT situation. The southbound Lagrange exit is closed...along with the Northbound entrance ramp. DETOUR: southbound traffic is being diverted off at 1st Ave || but crews now block the entrance ramp from SB 1st Ave to the OB Stevenson. IDOT crews are now in the process of the closing the Cicero, Central and Harlem entrance ramps to the OB Stevenson as well. ALTERNATE: ARCHER AVE. or I-290 EISENHOWER EXPRESSWAY

Yikes!

miker
10-27-2005, 01:11 PM
From the Cub-une:

Sox Cause Massive Hazmat Spill
Backup latest indignity caused by "champs"

cbone
10-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I heard Brooks say the players should be coming back at around 2:30-3:00.

Any tips on where I can park my car would be appreciated.

Walking a couple miles isn't an issue as long as I can find a place to park.

There is a White Castle on 63rd and Cicero. You can park there and grab a bag of sliders for the walk. :smile: