PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed something

WCCJESSE
10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Remember when Randy Johnson or Griffey didn't want to sign with us cause they though the Sox were a joke of a team.Well who has the last laugh now

tacosalbarojas
10-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Remember when Randy Johnson or Griffey didn't want to sign with us cause they though the Sox were a joke of a team.Well who has the last laugh nowDon't remember that...but I will always remember that Jermaine Dye had an offer of more money come in late from the D-Backs this winter. Fortuanately for us, Bill Dye raised a high-character son. A son who said, I've already made my deal with Sox, so I'm coming to the South Side. Talk about a hell of a decision. I luuuvvvv Jermaine Dye!!!!

soxfanatlanta
10-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Good thing Jr did not show...

Griffey is expected to be fully recovered from the surgeries by the end of October, and he'll have his first rehab-free offseason as a member of the Reds.

twinsuck1
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Don't remember that...but I will always remember that Jermaine Dye had an offer of more money come in late from the D-Backs this winter. Fortuanately for us, Bill Dye raised a high-character son. A son who said, I've already made my deal with Sox, so I'm coming to the South Side. Talk about a hell of a decision. I luuuvvvv Jermaine Dye!!!!

I was just thinking about that to when he was being interviewed after the game last night. What a class act, thank you Jermaine!

Fake Chet Lemon
10-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Hope Omar Visquel had fun this season too!

miker
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
And we wouldn't of signed Dye if Maggs didn't take the money and run...

Jjav829
10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Remember when Randy Johnson or Griffey didn't want to sign with us cause they though the Sox were a joke of a team.Well who has the last laugh now

Huh? When did Griffey refuse to "sign" with us? First off, it was a trade. Second, Griffey wanted to come here. The Reds didn't want to trade him.

The Wall
10-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Huh? When did Griffey refuse to "sign" with us? First off, it was a trade. Second, Griffey wanted to come here. The Reds didn't want to trade him.
Huh? Didnt Griffey stone wall the trade last winter with his no-trade clause?

Jjav829
10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Huh? Didnt Griffey stone wall the trade last winter with his no-trade clause?

Huh? I don't recall there ever being a discussion of a Ken Griffey Jr. trade last winter. There was talk about the Sox possibly trading for RJ, but not Griffey. The Griffey rumors popped up after the trading deadline when word came out that the Sox had a deal in place to acquire Griffey, but Carl Lindner stepped in at the very last moment and blocked the trade. The Sox tried again to trade for Griffey after he cleared waivers, but Reds ownership didn't budge.