PDA

View Full Version : WE WON! Now what?

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Heh, well this season was how we played it, GRINDERS....im gonna need to buy a defib machine if they do this similar thing next season. But an honest question, as a sox fan, where do we go from here now.

This means i can personally try and get back into Hockey and watch the hawks unfettered but just tryin is hard, my love for the sport hasnt returned yet(after sox, i want a stanley cup next) but i mean, baseball consumed my year, how its over till spring, what do we do. I will not lie, i honestly contimplated not watching the sox\baseball again, because the concept of leaving on a high note, nothing could ever top this season, now no i wont stop watching but its just a thought i had. Yeah there is the rest of the bears season, basketball is starting up but i dont know, i feel sported out ya know......i think im still in shock from the post season.

I love you all, even you voodoo Jim despite our arguing and you banning me several times(well one to be official but i think ahead)

GO SOX #1

kevin57
10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Now What? :dunno:

Celebrate. :gulp:

Celebrate Some More.:cheers:

After Falling Down in Exhaustion from Celebrating, Get Up and Celebrate Again! :party:

Hendu
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Celebrate, keep that smile on our faces, think of lost loved ones who couldn't witness this moment....and get ready to do it again next year!!!

zach074
10-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Enjoy the moment, there isn't much else you can do.:supernana:

seanpmurphy
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I understand your point Stockdale. Last night after it was finally sinking it that this was it, it was over and we won, I kind of got depressed. All the memories from this season started streaming through my head and I was happy in the bitter-sweet sense. It's like being a little kid and going to Disney World for the first time. You have so much fun that you don't want it to end. I didn't want this season to ever end.

But we did it and we brought the title home. Reinsey better do everything in his power to keep this unit together for the most part. I don't want to start talking about that now, but we just proved to the world that the group we have together right now is the best.

I feel best for the two old ladies' they showed during Game 1 who had the "I've waited 92 years for this" stuff on. Way to go Sox. Glorious.

Madvora
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
WE WON! Now what?
Win next year too.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
The coolest thing is that now when I'm out around town, or on vacation wearing my White Sox stuff, I don't have to put up with peeps ragging on me for following the Sox. We go to Cape Cod every summer, and 50% of everyone there was wearing Red Sox stuff this past summer. Now we've won a title, too!

Deuce
10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Sleep.

Bucky F. Dent
10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
1. Sleep

2. Re-Load

3. REPEAT

Stroker Ace
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Laugh at all of the doubters and PARTY!!!!!:gulp: :bandance:

Jjav829
10-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Fold the franchise.

http://www.milliyet.com/2002/01/24/sanat/resim/san03a1.jpg
"We're leaving on a high note!"

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Catch up on homework, work and sleep.

Go on a spending spree to get some championship merchandise.

Change screen savers and wallpaper to memorialize this great achievement.

Look forward to buying the DVD and books that will eventually be out.

Look forward to Soxfest. (It's gonna be NUTS this year)

Call up your favorite Cub fan and rub it in. (I already did this last night. :wink:)

Fungo
10-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Sleep, reload, stock up on memorabilia & bask in the glow of being fans of the World Champions...

...then when next year rolls around, bitch about how Crede sucks, Konerko saying the dumbest things, and Marte can't get anybody out. You know, back to normal.

BRDSR
10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Look forward to buying the DVD and books that will eventually be out.

I've considered writing such a book. I probably don't have the skills but man would it be fun, even if it was never published. I have so many memories from this season and I think baseball in generally relates so well to real life, I'm sure I could make 200 pages out of it. I'm thinking Boys of Summer-ish. I'll let ya'll know if I get anything together.

Jjav829
10-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Sleep, reload, stock up on memorabilia & bask in the glow of being fans of the World Champions...

...then when next year rolls around, bitch about how Crede sucks, Konerko saying the dumbest things, and Marte can't get anybody out. You know, back to normal.

Why is that in teal? :redneck

Cooter
10-27-2005, 02:28 PM
enjoy.

WSoxFanForever
10-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Watch football, but baseball is my first love. Look forward to spring training. Enjoy the Sox, like I have all my life, without the pressure of having to win it because we did. Whether they do it again or never do it again, I had THIS year, and I'll love my team no matter what happens next year. I feel a letdown that the season is over, but I've already strung up my computer room with tons of Sox stuff, and the holidays are coming....pretty soon we'll be hearing about baseball again :)

Layla
10-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Savor it, baby.

twinsuck1
10-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Does anyone else read all this stuff today on the forums and get really choked up, and overcome with emotions? I feel like such a little girl....

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Go to the airport to greet the guys, go to the parade and scream our butts off, sign PK posthaste, buy all that championship merchandise for christmas presents, go to soxfest, and hot stove in between. I have said for weeks I do dread this day when this season comes to an end. I love this team.

DannyCaterFan
10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Go to the airport to greet the guys, go to the parade and scream our butts off, sign PK posthaste, buy all that championship merchandise for christmas presents, go to soxfest, and hot stove in between. I have said for weeks I do dread this day when this season comes to an end. I love this team.

At least this off season will be shorter than any other in the past. It's only a little more than 3 months til pitchers and catchers report!

chaz171
10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
How's about just enjoying this moment? it's been less than 24 hours and were wondering what's next already? jeez

comiskey2000
10-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey the Bears are in first and the bulls start next week. There is plenty to do.

AZChiSoxFan
10-27-2005, 03:32 PM
The coolest thing is that now when I'm out around town, or on vacation wearing my White Sox stuff, I don't have to put up with peeps ragging on me for following the Sox. We go to Cape Cod every summer, and 50% of everyone there was wearing Red Sox stuff this past summer. Now we've won a title, too!

Interesting point about wearing your Sox gear. In a weird sense, I ALMOST don't want to wear my Sox gear now, because I know that everyone will say to me "oh yeah, another bandwagon fan." In fact, a couple of weeks ago I was in the airport waiting to board a flight, wearing my Sox hat, and an airport employee called me a bandwagon fan. Turns out the clown who called me this was a big Red Sox fan. The part of this that really makes me mad is that I've been wearing Sox gear for years and some of the same people who've been laughing at me for years for wearing it, will now call me a bandwagon fan. :angry:

chaz171
10-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Interesting point about wearing your Sox gear. In a weird sense, I ALMOST don't want to wear my Sox gear now, because I know that everyone will say to me "oh yeah, another bandwagon fan." In fact, a couple of weeks ago I was in the airport waiting to board a flight, wearing my Sox hat, and an airport employee called me a bandwagon fan. Turns out the clown who called me this was a big Red Sox fan. The part of this that really makes me mad is that I've been wearing Sox gear for years and some of the same people who've been laughing at me for years for wearing it, will now call me a bandwagon fan. :angry:

I can agree with you in this regards. anyone who boasts a white sox hat will no doubt claim to have been a 'life long sox fan' as well as anyone who switched planes at midway airport on their way to spokane will claim to have grown up on the southside.

After I turned 25, I found it less necessary to wear sports apparell 24/7. so this doesn't mean as much to me now. mainly because I don't like being glomed in with people who wear sports apparell all the time. the same reason I lost the Goatee and shortend my hairstyle.

And if someone thinks or accuses you of being a Joiner Sox fan--- care not... worry not...

for a man wiser than I once said never attribute to malice because of another man's stupidity.

Lip Man 1
10-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Now you enjoy, rewatch the tapes, celebrate the Holiday season and start counding down the days until Spring Training.

Lip

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Heh when do dark clouds on free agent signings begin