PDA

View Full Version : How will you memorialize this team at your house?

soxfan26
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
My plan is to frame a road Grey or black alt. jersey with the WS 05 & sock patches. I'm still undecided on who's number I want - Dye, Crede or Guillen.

I'd like the frame to resemble a baseball diamond and I'm thinking of incorporating a few cards from the Topps commemorative set around the jersey. I think the road grey in a black frame would look sweet. I'll pick my favorite front page and have it framed as well.

So how will you memorialize this team at your house?

veeter
10-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm in the process of making a shadow box. It's going to be huge with headlines and mementos from 34 years of being a Sox fan. This is not going to buried in the basement, this is going in my front room proudly displayed.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I thought about getting the WS05 patches, but I think I'll wait until next year's World Champions patch comes out to put it on my three jerseys. I bought the World Series patch for my Marlins' jerseys in 03, but the Champs patch looked much better...I've already ordered several shirts, pennants, pins, flags, etc from mlb.com...

soxfan26
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought about getting the WS05 patches, but I think I'll wait until next year's World Champions patch comes out to put it on my three jerseys.

How long does it usually take for the World Champs patches to come out? I agree it would look much better.

zach074
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I have had my poster they gave out on the last regular season home game framed and its in my room.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 11:50 AM
How long does it usually take for the World Champs patches to come out? I agree it would look much better.

If I remember correctly from 03, they came out in February, I think...

WikdChiSoxFan
10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
I will frame my own lucky clothing... everytime I've worn my lucky outfit at Puffer's we won... The time i didn't was Game 1 of the ALCS, and the first half of Game 5... In the 6th of game five, I ran home and changed into my lucky tshirt and short combonation and when I walked into the door of the bar crede hit the game tieing jack...and then of course we won all the rest...

so when I can afford it, my tshirt, shorts, shoes, 59' freebie hat, Victory Hat, will be under glass with the game 5 ALCS pizza stains, spilt beer and jameson soaked forever

soxfanatlanta
10-27-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm going to frame the front page of either the Southtown, or the Sun-Times, get the World Champions pennant, and start my shrine in the basement (man-cave).

sox_fan_forever
10-27-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm going to put a ton of Sox pictures around my dorm room when I get back to school Sunday night!

SouthsideFathead
10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
i have a blank jersey right and i am trying to decide what to put on it...maybe 05 and then for the name put "our year", "champs", "grinder", "journey"...and other suggestions? i was also thinking about throwing every players name on there with small letters.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I actually did that in 97 with my Marlins jersey (champs) ...but that had more to do with the fact that there were no players left from the Series by the time I got around to personalizing it....

I got a Pod jersey in the mail this past week...

MarySwiss
10-27-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm ordering an extra 2005 World Champs T-shirt which I will frame and hang on the wall in my family room alongside the D'Backs World Series shirt, the Super Bowl XX Champions shirt, the framed Sun-Times covers from the Bulls runs, the Bulls wall hanging, the plaque that lists twenty major events that have occurred since the Cubs won the World Series, and my picture of Old Comiskey Park.

downstairs
10-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Suntimes and Trib cover from the division clincher, ALDS clincher, ALCS clincher, and WS clincher.

That's 8 frames I gotta get! Full wall!

Kuzman
10-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I will retire my Paul Konerko jersey with all the ticket stubs from this year on a frame. Granted he doesn't come back. If he does, im going to get a World Series 05 home white jersey and put the ticket stubs.

Risk
10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I was planning on making our unfinished basement (aka "Man Room" or "Fortress of Solitude") as similar to the Bullpen Bar as possible. That may include framing the front page headlines from the Daily Herald, the Cub-Times and the Cubune (even though I would have to break the boycott of it). I'd like to get Dye to sign my green oinstripe jersey with his name and number on it (and to those of you who I met at "Core of the Core" and ranted that I didn't like the idea of having the green pinstripes as further bastardization of my good Irish holiday, I stand corrected--the green pinstripes are pretty darn sweet) and frame that up too. I think that would be a pretty sweet.

Risk

Dansoxfan04
10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
I got 2 posters from the last home game, I have hats from the ALCS and WS games and the WS Champions hat. I will also get a White Sox jersey with the WS emblem on it.

TheOldRoman
10-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Not all teams do it, though. I don't think the Angels wore a patch in 03, The Red Sox didn't this year (except for the first home game, but that was with a special jersey).

Southsider101
10-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Just ordered a Sox banner for the living room. It will hang there as long as the Sox are Champs.
I plan on spending a lot more at Grandstand when I'm in town over the holidays.

krohnjw
10-27-2005, 07:46 PM
I picked up the WS pennant and the ALCS pennant to go on the wall with my 2.5'x4' sox flag, my autographed jersey (framed on the wall, home pinstripe) and my sox trash can.. I will likely look into getting a better frame after soxfest this year for it.

I will need to remember to order a 2nd world series patch to put on that jersey :D:

supertwangreverb
10-27-2005, 07:50 PM
I have had my poster they gave out on the last regular season home game framed and its in my room.

I think I will do the same, I may go over and see if I can get Mansoo Lee to autograph it before I frame it.
Could you feel the electricity that day??

Wsoxmike59
10-27-2005, 08:28 PM

Ditto, but mine is in the downstairs living room!! Looks nice there too. Regardless of what my teen-age daughter thinks...like I give a ****, it's my house!!! :D:

IronFisk
10-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, don't think I'll frame my jersey - just LOVE those beer and cigar odors!

I'm seriously thinking of painting a giant Sox logo on the side of my house. Yeah, I'm single - how'd you tell? :redneck

dividedsk717
10-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I was thinking this would look great in the house somewhere!

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2356339dt.jpg

huskie26
10-27-2005, 10:04 PM
In my living room I have always had a framed poster "1917 Comisky Champions". It has all of the players from that team. It was a souvenir from the Field of Dreams when I went back in the early nineties. I am hoping to find something very similar for this years team.

mrs. hendu
10-27-2005, 10:08 PM
I recently got a rug with the Sox logo on it and once I get a place with a basement (soon hopefully), it will definitely be there. I got some newspapers today and maybe I'll frame some of them and put them in that basement too? For now we already have a nice collection of hats on a shelf and at least one more will be added.