PDA

View Full Version : Boston says Sox the favs in Central

Chisox_cali
12-13-2001, 08:57 PM
I was just watching ESPNews and caught a report from Boston and Ravy. In which Boston stated he thinks the Sox are the favorites in the Central Next year.

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I was just watching ESPNews and caught a report from Boston and Ravy. In which Boston stated he thinks the Sox are the favorites in the Central Next year. Oh no, we are doomed!! :(:

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 09:04 PM
He loved the Ritchie deal earlier today. I think he is just happy the Red Sox traded that whack job.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-13-2001, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Oh no, we are doomed!! :(:

As a long-suffering Sox Fan, I believe this is a very bad sign.

:(:

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

As a long-suffering Sox Fan, I believe this is a very bad sign.

:(: Yeah, a Boston Pick is worse than the Kempers Hex. We're toast... :(:

Daver
12-13-2001, 09:27 PM
Yeah, a Boston Pick is worse than the Kempers Hex. We're toast...

NO NO NO you have to think anti Bmr that this is a good sign.

KempersRS
12-13-2001, 09:28 PM
Yeah, a Boston Pick is worse than the Kempers Hex. We're toast... :(:

The Sox are going all the way....for the next five years in a row!!!

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by daver

NO NO NO you have to think anti Bmr that this is a good sign. LOL, you lost me with that one, Daver. :?:

dougs78
12-13-2001, 09:30 PM
I don't know. He couldn't stop talking about the Indians last year and how they would win the central. I remember becuase it made me so mad since we were coming back from a championship with everyone back and then some. Things didn't turn out so bad for them this year...

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I don't know. He couldn't stop talking about the Indians last year and how they would win the central. I remember becuase it made me so mad since we were coming back from a championship with everyone back and then some. Things didn't turn out so bad for them this year... You have a point there. Being perfectly wrong would imply some sort of knowledge. Boston is much more like a random number generator. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-13-2001, 09:37 PM
I don't know. He couldn't stop talking about the Indians last year and how they would win the central. I remember becuase it made me so mad since we were coming back from a championship with everyone back and then some. Things didn't turn out so bad for them this year...

Ooooo, I like your line of thinking! I remember being pissed at Gammons for the same reason. He dismissed our chances before the first pitch of spring training.

Cleveland wasn't that good, but the Twinks and Sox played just poor enough to hand them back their crown.

How do any of you see Minnesota shaping up next year? Obviously Pohlad isn't going to do anything to support them. Maybe the players will get an even bigger chip on their shoulder and peel off 95 wins.

Or maybe not?

dougs78
12-13-2001, 09:43 PM
Boston is much more like a random number generator

I'm not really a Gammons hater...overall I'm pretty ambivalent about him....but that is a FUNNY quote you just put up!

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:46 PM

I'm not really a Gammons hater...overall I'm pretty ambivalent about him....but that is a FUNNY quote you just put up! lOL, I don't really hate him. He's too goofy to hate. The way he just slings crap and the wall to see what sticks is actually amusing. It's the people who think he's an "expert" who are more annoying. :smile:

Daver
12-13-2001, 09:48 PM
You have a point there. Being perfectly wrong would imply some sort of knowledge. Boston is much more like a random number generator.

That was the point I was trying to make with my Bmr post.

Jerry_Manuel
12-13-2001, 09:49 PM
It's the people who think he's an "expert" who are more annoying. :smile:

Or people that think that the Knue man is a real webmaster.

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by daver

That was the point I was trying to make with my Bmr post. OK, I'm a little less confused now. :smile:

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Ooooo, I like your line of thinking! I remember being pissed at Gammons for the same reason. He dismissed our chances before the first pitch of spring training.

Cleveland wasn't that good, but the Twinks and Sox played just poor enough to hand them back their crown.

How do any of you see Minnesota shaping up next year? Obviously Pohlad isn't going to do anything to support them. Maybe the players will get an even bigger chip on their shoulder and peel off 95 wins.

Or maybe not?

How hard would you play knowing your owner thinks you shouldn't be a team anymore? If the players like Pohlad, they lay down and blow it big time so he has an argument whent the fans don't show up.

If the players don't like Pohlad, they may just rip the cover off the ball for a few months, but their lack of run support will come back to bite them in the ass in the long run...

GASHWOUND
12-13-2001, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I was just watching ESPNews and caught a report from Boston and Ravy. In which Boston stated he thinks the Sox are the favorites in the Central Next year.

Not so fast. Detroit just signed in/of Craig Paquette! The Tigers are the team to be feared.

Mathew
12-14-2001, 01:20 AM
I must be getting tired, I read this and actually started laughing out loud to myself.

Well Done!

longshot7
12-14-2001, 03:19 AM
Yeah, but the Twinks players are used to being underdogs with no expectations. I see no reason why another year won't make them a better team. I'd like to point out they now have the best rotation in our division (Yeah, Glover, Parque, and Wright are REAL scary.) If the Twinks can find a manager and be consistent, I like them.

Boy, I'm optimistic, huh?

ma-gaga
12-14-2001, 10:00 AM
It's like the Twins were owned by Disney:

Major League 4 - The Twins, 2002!

Using the original script. Changing the words 'relocation' to 'contraction'. The players rally from 18 games down at the end of May to win the AL central after Denny Honking hits a granny off the evil Yankee pitcher Marino Riverna. Crispin Guzzan resumes the role of Willie Mays Hayes, David Ortiz plays the voodoo worshiping Pedro Cerrano, and Joel Mays debuts as Rickey 'Wild Thing' Vaughn

Maybe Dreamworks would do it... I bet it would make a fortune. 'Based on a true story'.

Iwritecode
12-14-2001, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
I must be getting tired, I read this and actually started laughing out loud to myself.

Well Done!

I don't blame you. There was some quality post of the week material in here...

"Boston is much more like a random number generator."
- FarWestChicago

"It's the people who think he's an "expert" who are more annoying."
- FarWestChicago

"Or people that think that the Knue man is a real webmaster."
- Jerry_Manuel

Tragg
12-14-2001, 11:35 AM
The twins owned us last year and finished ahead of us. They made some ?able moves around the deadline that won't help. They made the mistake of ponying up to the overrated radke. Plus, my guess is someone else in the division will jump up.
We should be slight favorites, I suppose, but not overwhelming - YET - let's see what else Kenny Williams can do for us.

WinningUgly!
12-14-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
We should be slight favorites, I suppose, but not overwhelming - YET - let's see what else Kenny Williams can do for us.

Or what KW does to improve the rest of the AL Central's chances. :D:

moochpuppy
12-14-2001, 01:25 PM
lOL, I don't really hate him. He's too goofy to hate. The way he just slings crap and the wall to see what sticks is actually amusing. It's the people who think he's an "expert" who are more annoying. :smile:

At least he doesn't look as uncomfortable as John Clayton does on camera. It's painful watching that guy give a report. And that fake Seattle backdrop doesn't help either.