PDA

View Full Version : Why would we hate the Cubs?

SouthSideSid
10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
The biggest moment of triumph in my lifetime for the WhiteSox and the first thing I hear on the radio this AM was that asshat Colin Cowherd opening his national radio show with ten minutes on why he feels so sorry for Cubs fans and how Cubs fans "care more" than Sox fans. Every time I think that we overstate the national media's contempt for our team - I hear something like this.

Guess they just can't deal with the best team in baseball.

dividedsk717
10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Colin obviously wasn't at my house last night if he really thinks Cubs fans care more.

Hey Colin, this is what I have to say: :bs:

SoxFan78
10-27-2005, 12:30 PM
There is a reason why that clown isn't in Chicago, becasue he sucks! I remember when he first came on the air after Kornheiser it was opening day for the MLB.

His whole show was dedicated to the NFL.

Tool

spawn
10-27-2005, 12:31 PM
All I'd have to say to Colin is we don't really care what you think. The White Sox are World Champions. The Cubs aren't. Maybe if they cared more about winning baseball then they do about being loveable losers, they'd be experiencing the euphoria we Sox fans are feeling now. Cub fans have themselves to blame for selling out the POS park they play in when their teams sucked! Why field a winning team when you sell out every game because these north side yuppies love paying to go to the world's biggest beer garden? More sour grapes. I'm loving it!

jdm2662
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
The Cubs? Are they a team??

**** them. We are the champions, and they are not. They no longer are revelant. All of the Cubs vs Sox bs ended last night.

CaptainBallz
10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
All of the Cubs vs Sox bs ended last night.

My thoughts exactly.

Colorado S.Sider
10-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I am a South Sider currently living in Colorado. I am shocked by how WGN and the Cubs have poisoned all points west and made everyone think the Cubs are Chicago's only team. I flew in on Sunday for the Bears and Sox game. After the Sox win, it felt good to see all the fans still cheering 30 minutes after the players left the field. An average Cub fan would be skipping down Clark street by the seventh inning stretch.
The "Bastard Child" of all Chicago sports just flipped the bird to all who ever doubted them. I never did.

hose
10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
The Sox- Cub boarder wars are over, they ended October 26, 2005.

All Cub fans were taken prisoner disarmed and allowed to go back to their homes and families.

Expect an occasional rebel raid here and there but for the most part all Cub fans are in compliance with the unconditional surrender. If you can spare them some change or even buy them a ham sandwich from time to time I'm sure they will appreciate it.

"It's over Johnny"

BNLSox
10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I say Cubs who? WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. Do not taunt cubs fans, this has nothing to do with them. NOTHING. No more taking pleasure in their pain. Let us focus on us.

Sammy is gone.... Our drought is over. Our beef with the northside should be dead. Leave the cubs fans alone, it will hurt that much more for them to think us classy and championlike in our joy.

Act like you've been there before even if we havent even though before last night we hadn't even tasted this kind of success in almost 90 years.

TommyJohn
10-27-2005, 05:02 PM
"It's over Johnny"

"Nothin' is over! Nothin'"!

C-Dawg
10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I had to chuckle when I checked the "off-topic" section on one of the car-related forums I frequent. Someone started a Congrats to the Sox thread, and right away there were several posts about the Cubs... But I don't care since WE'RE the champions and not them.