PDA

View Full Version : What Was Chicago Like?

BRDSR
10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm at school in Champaign. I considered heading up to the city just to be there when it happened, but I stayed down here and celebrated with some White Sox fans on campus.

I haven't seen anything about what the city was like last night. If you were there, in the loop, in Bridgeport, right by the stadium...what was it like? Tell me about it.

Chicago
10-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I was at the United Center celebrating with all the fans...

from there went to Bridgeport...

Let me tell you... We had our parade already... in the rain and cold... people were everywhere... high fives from car to car, people hangin out their windows, flags, banners, brooms, people all over the streets... It was an unforgettable experience.

kevin57
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I was in Mt. Greenwood. It was electric, but not chaotic or disorderly.

I tried to get to Mecca (i.e., Bridgeport) but the police had the area hermetically sealed. :mad:

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Similar experience for me. United Center party, then to Comiskey for a mosh pit mob party high fiving and hugging anyone you can find. Stopping cars to high five them. Just general exhiliration by everyone in sight. Never seen the city so alive.

10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I was on Western, great time, very controled! No cars tipping, just car horns and High Fives!

Corlose 15
10-27-2005, 01:17 PM
I was on Western, great time, very controled! No cars tipping, just car horns and High Fives!

It would appear that you're due for a name change.:smile: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Elvisfan1977
10-27-2005, 01:33 PM
I was at Jimbo's. It was awesome. Other than winning the Series, one of the coolest moments last night was during our Natioanl Anthem.
Everyone removed their hats, stood up, and put their hand over their hearts as we softly sang along. It was beautiful! GO SOX!

WSox8404
10-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Bourbon Street was absolutely chaotic when they won. Beer and liquor flying everywhere in the air. Everybody was soaked and giving hugs to strangers. It was the best celebration in my entire lifetime.

woodenleg
10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Ha ha - I was on the north side.

It was pretty quiet where I was (residential, no bars), but I saw and heard
'evidence' of celebrating...don't lie, north siders! Ha ha....

alohafri
10-27-2005, 02:00 PM
My buddy and I were outside his house in River Forest smoking our celebratory Cuban cigars, listening to all of the horns honking and screams of delight that sounded like they were coming from either Lake Street or North Avenue.

pdimas
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I was on the south side by Midway Airport. As soon as the Sox won the Firestation on 50th let the air raid siren off and fireworks were being shot off all over the place. We took a drive down Archer and the bars had almost all emptied into the streets with people high fiving each other and cars all honking their horns. It was great!!!:gulp:

SoxFan76
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Dekalb was nuts. A huge mob of people started walking through campus, so I joined them. Cars were honking their horns, and unfortunately, our "parade" wasn't too orderly. Drunk kids were trying to bust into the football stadium, we got a stop sign, we broke the front window of Grant South (one of the dorms) and eventually the mob was broken up when the cops had to bust out the tear gas. It was so fun though. Walking through campus chanting Let's Go White Sox, etc. Annie Glidden was blocked off by the police. It was the greatest night of my life, barely passing winning a state championship in football.

jenn2080
10-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I was at Union Park west of the Loop and when they made the last out people were jumping all over each other hugging, screaming, crying, high fiving. Beer being sprayed all over the place. Frikin amazing. GOD I LOVE THE SOX!

MUsoxfan
10-27-2005, 02:15 PM
It was crazy in the South Loop....then we hopped on the redline to head towards the holy land. The redline conductor said you had to live or work at the 35th St. exit to be able to get off there. Unaware of how true that actually was, we exited at 22nd St and took a cab to the park. It was a beautiful scene. Lot C was swarmed with people. Random people were giving each other hugs. The people that live on the 3500 block of Lowe really had a good time. It was an unforgettable night

JohnBasedowYoda
10-27-2005, 02:33 PM
chaos in the sw burbs and on western. people running around hi-fivin! people standing on street corners waving brooms! the scene on western was great man. i'll never forget it. people waving sox flags everywhere, some dude was just walking around playing 'na-na-na-hey hey hey' on a trumpet.

maurice
10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
No cars tipping. Just car horns and high fives.

Sox fans cast off the media stereotypes and showed the country what we're really made of -- 100% class.
:gulp:

- - -

:AJ:
"A month ago, they were calling us chokers. But now they can
call us something else that starts with a C-H -- champions."

sullythered
10-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Oak Lawn was nutso. Big Sox country. Nothin' bad, though.