PDA

View Full Version : Group Hug

Procol Harum
10-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Ah, the morning after...standing in line at my local Wheaton Dunkin Donuts to get my morning java and donut and an old gaffer (even older than me!) wearing a Sox jacket and hat comes in. I turned to him, extended my hand and said "Congratulations, my Sox bruthah, it's been a long time coming" He smiled, returned the congratulations and commented on the 88 year wait and what a great Series it had been. As I left I told him to "enjoy" and he replied "don't have to wish you a good day, you know we're gonna have one!"

At any rate, that lil' slice of Sox love made me think about all my bruthas and sistas at WSI and all the passion, knowledge, good humor, and faith that I've seen exhibited here since I signed on over 4 years ago. This one is for all o' y'all--a giant shout-out and salute to our White Sox and to the WSI faithful: GROUP HUG!!
:redface:

voodoochile
10-27-2005, 10:58 AM
:hug:

Back at you, Procol...

Somebody stop me before I grin again... no wait, nevermind...:D:

Fungo
10-27-2005, 10:59 AM

JorgeFabregas
10-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Ah, the morning after...standing in line at my local Wheaton Dunkin Donuts
On Main Street?

Procol Harum
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
On Main Street?

Yep--not the greatest service these days, I usually prefer the one closer to my digs at County Farm and Geneva, but today I was in the Main St. neck of the woods. You know this "Wheaton"?

JorgeFabregas
10-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I lived in Wheaton/Carol Stream from age 8 to 22. That one on Geneva and County Farm is just a stone's throw from the last house we lived in, which was on Geneva just a little west on Pleasant Hill. The other house we lived in was on Gary and Thomas (near North)--no far from the Dunkin Donuts on Main.

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Here in Denver, it's not as common as in ChicagoLand. Consider this from me?

:hug: :redface:

MsSoxVixen22
10-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I lived in Wheaton/Carol Stream from age 8 to 22. That one on Geneva and County Farm is just a stone's throw from the last house we lived in, which was on Geneva just a little west on Pleasant Hill. The other house we lived in was on Gary and Thomas (near North)--no far from the Dunkin Donuts on Main.

:o: That's right by me.....I live off Geneva/President

Procol Harum
10-27-2005, 11:32 AM
:o: That's right by me.....I live off Geneva/President

My homies...I'm near Pleasant Hill and the majorly-under construction Jewell Road.

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
To all of you(no this is not me)

http://www.dearreader.com/service/pc_hand_shake2.jpg

mattcoz
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM

veeter
10-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Same to everyone. I love Sox fan hugs. We've been through a lot together.

JorgeFabregas
10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
:o: That's right by me.....I live off Geneva/PresidentI see you're close to my age...what high school did you go to?

My homies...I'm near Pleasant Hill and the majorly-under construction Jewell Road.
Who knew your group hug thread would be uncomfortably close to an actual group hug? :tongue: Though, like I said, I don't live around there anymore. I live with my wife and stepdaughter in Rogers Park.