PDA

View Full Version : A. S. 000000

Fenway
10-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Next time you are on Sheffield take a look at one of the rooftops with their stupid AC sign which I think reads 026097

000000 says it all :smile:

Bob Ryan in the Boston Globe has this to say

No team representing their franchise had won it all since 1917, but there's another team in their town with far more cachet and they don't have any sad woe-is-us tales to account for the lack of titles, either. The team has just basically been blah for the past 85 or so years. As far as anyone knows, there is no song on Chicago juke boxes entitled, ''A Dying White Sox Fan's Lament."

The 2005 season is over and the Chicago White Sox are your new world champions. Yes, I know. That will take some getting used to, and that's before we even discuss the North Side of Chicago.

Chicago has the best baseball team in the world. Will the good people of Chicago treat the Second City's Second Team with the respect it deserves?

We're watching, Chicago. You'd better do right by these guys.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/10/27/no_longer_second_in_second_city/?page=1

BedfordChisox
10-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for sharing that, Fenway.

I generally despise Ryan primarily based upon the fact that he can't seem to make a point without yelling while on ESPN's Sports Reporters, but those are great comments indeed.

Frater Perdurabo
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
AMEN! :supernana:

downstairs
10-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Fenway,

Did you ever think there would be a day when one could say that every major league team has waited longer for a World Series than the White Sox and Red Sox?

Fenway
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Fenway,

Did you ever think there would be a day when one could say that every major league team has waited longer for a World Series than the White Sox and Red Sox?

LOL must be awfully cold down in Satanville :tongue:

and for those clowns up North

NOW not only are they by far the team going the longest, the second longest team is Cleveland which won theirs in 1948, 3 years after the last time the Goat Tribe was in the Series.

Hitmen77
10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Next time you are on Sheffield take a look at one of the rooftops with their stupid AC sign which I think reads 026097

000000 says it all :smile:

AS000000 - Heh, heh, that would be a great sign for fans to bring to the Crosstown Series at the Urinal next year.

Great article from the Globe!

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 12:56 PM
An 88 year wait has been lifted from our shoulders.