PDA

View Full Version : Why am I sad???

rickpro13
10-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Because there is no more Sox baseball for 164 days...UGH!!!

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Don't worry. Opening Day will be absolutely AMAZING!!

Sxy Mofo
10-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm not.

My heart couldn't take much more. As much as I enjoyed the run, damn, I'm glad it's finally over.

That said, I would do it every year, with even more drama...

sageofthesox
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
No matter how the season ends, I'm always sad to see it end. And after that fantastic play by Uribe to end the game, my first thought was that there'd be no more baseball until next April. But if the season has to end, this is certainly the way to end it.

Bucky F. Dent
10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Heck! After the last two nights, I need the sleep.

Pitchers & catchers will be reporting before we know it!

:)

voodoochile
10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
It gives me a good time and excuse to get back to Chicago next spring. Now I just need to find a ticket for opening day.

I do feel a bit empty with the season now officially over, but it's a good empty - of a job well done. Now on to the off season and a few less registrations and trolls...

knocko94
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm sad because we'll never see this team again. I just wish they could keep on playing. Watching them every day for six months was incredible.

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm also sad baseball is over. I base my life around baseball and as soon as offseason hits I always feel lost. But who cares right now! Here's to the best offseason EVER!

Foulke You
10-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Look at it this way, only 4 months til pitchers and catchers report:tongue:

graham5
10-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm sad because that could well be the best White Sox team I will ever see... and now the ride is over. :whiner:

daveeym
10-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Heck! After the last two nights, I need the sleep.

Pitchers & catchers will be reporting before we know it!

:)I hear ya I can use the sleep. No sadness yet thought. I can't get "nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey goodbye" out of my head either. Every corner I turn it sounds like theres a group singing it. I also now know what bafiarocks feels like, particularly her posts after meeting Willie.

BNLSox
10-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Ladies, Gentlemen... please don't be sad. Yes all of the sudden we will all have a gaping hole in our lives as this was one of the most time and energy consuming seasons of all time.

But baseball will be back and as fun as it was to enjoy this team all year, the legend of this year will grow stronger with time. The effects of this success will change this franchise...maybe for the worse, but I don't think so. Sure it'll be hard to get a ticket next year. Sure there are thousands of new bandwagoners as well as old fans who perhaps gave up in '94 or 2000. But I wouldn't be suprised if soon the area surrounding the park became a shrine to the team we love. New stores, restaurants, bars.... success at its best (worst).

Savour, cherish, enjoy, and legendize... This was one of the greatest seasons in baseball history. No reason to be sad that its over because you were there, you were part of it. Smile...Smile

MsSoxVixen22
10-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I'll miss watching the Sox but I swear, for awhile there I thought I was either gonna have a heart attack or get gray hair in my early 20's! Opening day is gonna rock though! maybe in 2006 the Sox will finally sell out the Cell

Southsider101
10-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm sad because I have to wait four whole months for spring training to begin in Tucson.

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
I thought the same thing tonite...

Gotta start watching hockey, I guess...

miker
10-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm sad...but it's a good kind of "sad".

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Don't worry. Opening Day will be absolutely AMAZING!!

Imagine the emotion when they raise that flag!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-27-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm sad because we'll never see this team again. I just wish they could keep on playing. Watching them every day for six months was incredible.

mlb should've let them play 2 "post-season exhibition games" against the stroh's here in chicago.

Bobbo35
10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Ya, there will definately be a void in my life for the next 164 days, sorry the Bears won't do it for me. Unbelievable ride!!!!

kitekrazy
10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Because there is no more Sox baseball for 164 days...UGH!!!

Me and my brother were thinking the same thing. This evening I was expecting to watch the Sox and then it dawned on me-no more Sox baseball.

This season was so unique that it became an addiction. Now it's time to suffer the withdrawal. I was a bit depressed this evening.

But a least we can all get some sleep for a change.

WinOrDyeTrying
10-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Lets hope the Bulls make a run again.

Chips
10-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Lets hope the Bulls make a run again.

How about the Bears or the Hawks. Though I think the Bears have a better shot than the Hawks. I could use some sleep now that we won it.

kitekrazy
10-27-2005, 11:39 PM
How about the Bears or the Hawks. Though I think the Bears have a better shot than the Hawks. I could use some sleep now that we won it.

Only if you are using them in a Playstation game.

Bear have a shot at what? PLayoff embarassment?

Even after the strike, still no hockey in Chicago.

Muopsies
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm sad...but it's a good kind of "sad".

Couldn't say it any better, I think why we're sad is that we've waited our whole lives for this day and we wondered what it would be like and now we know and its great and wonderful but we'll never feel like this ever again. We may win 8 more times but they'll all have their different feeling, none as wonderful as this and I think knowing that makes you a little sad.