PDA

View Full Version : United Center - How was it?

Pulaski
10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
How was the UC last night? Did they charge for parking? How many people were there?

Revolution29
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
The UC last night was AWESOME!!! The entire club level was full, and there were even more people filling a good portion of one side of the lower level. Though they did charge for parking (and overcharged for food; the selection was no where near that of the Cell), they really made up for the cost of admission by editing the comercials out for us with a ton of various music videos from the course of the season, as well as the fact that the High Def screens there were far better than my TV at home. Besides the videos in between innings, they kept panning the cameras around on the people in the stands. Also, they showed all of the pregame videos and player introductions.

The people there were going nuts during the game. It was like being at the Cell almost, except for the fact that we were watching the game on TVs suspened over a hockey rink (which in retospect was really a funny sight). People were starting chants, booing, everyting one can think of. It was a blast, and the place went absolutly nuts when they won it. Was a great time, glad I went!

Pulaski
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
The UC last night was AWESOME!!! The entire club level was full, and there were even more people filling a good portion of one side of the lower level. Though they did charge for parking (and overcharged for food; the selection was no where near that of the Cell), they really made up for the cost of admission by editing the comercials out for us with a ton of various music videos from the course of the season, as well as the fact that the High Def screens there were far better than my TV at home. Besides the videos in between innings, they kept panning the cameras around on the people in the stands. Also, they showed all of the pregame videos and player introductions.

The people there were going nuts during the game. It was like being at the Cell almost, except for the fact that we were watching the game on TVs suspened over a hockey rink (which in retospect was really a funny sight). People were starting chants, booing, everyting one can think of. It was a blast, and the place went absolutly nuts when they won it. Was a great time, glad I went!

Sounds like it was a great time. I heard 1/2 of the proceeds went the Sox and Bulls Charities.

manders_01
10-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Sounds like it was a great time. I heard 1/2 of the proceeds went the Sox and Bulls Charities.

"Tickets for the World Series viewing party are $15, with proceeds being split equally among the official charities of the White Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls." -per whitesox.com

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 10:58 AM
It was great. I'd estimate 5,000-6,000 people there. The food there really makes you appreciate what we have available at USCF, both in quality and price. The fans were nuts. And the best part...the acoustics made it hard to hear McCarver and Buck.:smile:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
The UC last night was AWESOME!!! The entire club level was full, and there were even more people filling a good portion of one side of the lower level. Though they did charge for parking (and overcharged for food; the selection was no where near that of the Cell)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ol' No. 2]It was great. I'd estimate 5,000-6,000 people there. The food there really makes you appreciate what we have available at USCF, both in quality and price.

:dollarbill:

"How dare you peons criticize my concessions. I have made hundreds of millions through my Bismark concession company selling over priced food & beer to generations of Hawks, Bulls and circus fans. Pulford - Off with their heads."

Glad everyone had a great time - despite Wirtz' lousy food and beer.

chidavid18
10-27-2005, 02:39 PM
???????

Soxfanspcu11
10-27-2005, 02:39 PM
The Mexican Fiesta stand or whatever it's called had AMAZING nachos, but they were like 8 bucks, but they were still incredible!

pinwheels3530
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
It was a great time, very family friendly.

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 03:02 PM
???????$10

Pulaski
10-27-2005, 03:06 PM
It was great. I'd estimate 5,000-6,000 people there. The food there really makes you appreciate what we have available at USCF, both in quality and price. The fans were nuts. And the best part...the acoustics made it hard to hear McCarver and Buck.:smile:

That is great you could not hear Buck and McCarver. Both are blowhards.

likeawarlord
10-27-2005, 03:14 PM
it was a blast, i thought. me and my buddy got on the jumbotron repeatedly singing "don't stop believing."

Chicago
10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
ahhah that was you guys...LOL great... haha i was on twice, once just cause and the other for the kiss cam...

Dansoxfan04
10-27-2005, 03:40 PM
That was you, it was really funny, we only got the the screen after the Sox won it, they showed our section, it was cool, but I was more busy celebrating than paying attention to that.

robiwho
10-27-2005, 03:47 PM
it was a blast, i thought. me and my buddy got on the jumbotron repeatedly singing "don't stop believing."

You guys were a riot!!!!!!

bayzbol44
10-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Did they end up selling beer?

ewokpelts
10-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Did they end up selling beer?
if 6.25 for a plastic bottle is beer, then yes

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 04:25 PM

Well done, sir. Well done.

Which one were you? Guy on the left or on the right?

RealMenWearBlack
10-27-2005, 04:35 PM

You guys were awesome. The UC was fun last night and I was able to get my World Series Champions shirt right after the game.

DumpJerry
10-27-2005, 05:03 PM
I was there. There was plenty of free street parking around there, the $6.00 and $10.00 lots were open.

I was a bit upset with the White Sox or the organizers if it was no the White Sox, however. The organization in their announcements repeatedly said it was GENERAL admission. So, I told my friends to go ahead and buy their own tickets and we would grab a bunch of seats together. Someone got it wrong (I won't say they lied). It was assigned seating and I got bounced from seat to seat as ticketholders arrived and the ushers had been instructed to not let anyone sit in a seat for which they did not have a ticket.:angry:

Otherwise, it was a blast.

HebrewHammer
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM

Dude, you guys were awesome.

It was a lot of fun and worth the price of admission.

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I was there. There was plenty of free street parking around there, the $6.00 and $10.00 lots were open.

I was a bit upset with the White Sox or the organizers if it was no the White Sox, however. The organization in their announcements repeatedly said it was GENERAL admission. So, I told my friends to go ahead and buy their own tickets and we would grab a bunch of seats together. Someone got it wrong (I won't say they lied). It was assigned seating and I got bounced from seat to seat as ticketholders arrived and the ushers had been instructed to not let anyone sit in a seat for which they did not have a ticket.:angry:

Otherwise, it was a blast.General admission just means all seats are the same price. You still have to have an assigned seat when you buy your ticket. What used to be known as "Festival Seating" has been illegal in most cities since the disastrous concert in Cincinnati in the 1970's.

Soxfanspcu11
10-27-2005, 05:15 PM
General admission just means all seats are the same price. You still have to have an assigned seat when you buy your ticket. What used to be known as "Festival Seating" has been illegal in most cities since the disastrous concert in Cincinnati in the 1970's.

That's not true. When the Bulls were on the road in Utah in 1998, they opened up the UC and had the same gathering like they did for the sox last night. I was there and you bought a general admission ticket and you could sit in the lower level, club level or upper deck. We changed levels from the upper deck to lower at half time so we could be near the court and cheerleaders when the Bulls won (yes they had the court up and the cheerleaders were there).

Lorenzo Barcelo
10-27-2005, 05:35 PM

Ha Ha, you two are hilarious.

likeawarlord
10-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Well done, sir. Well done.

Which one were you? Guy on the left or on the right?

i was the guy in the sox hat. i was sitting on the right, but i think i was on the left side of the screen.

Beautox
10-27-2005, 06:10 PM

thats awesome nice work, me and my friends were their, and i was right behind the guy with the polish flag and the Pierzynski's Polish Posse sign, what a great experience.

IowaHawksFan1
10-27-2005, 06:22 PM
The United Center was amazing...I live three hours away in Wisconsin now and I had to be down there for it. I went with a friend of mine who lives much closer to Chicago...It was the next best thing to actually being at the game (other than the concession prices of course)...really a lot of fun and a blast...

DVsoxfan
10-27-2005, 06:38 PM

You guys were freakin hilarious man

SOXFAN_in_WI
10-27-2005, 06:50 PM
it was a blast. only one problem. we didn't sing "na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" Would have been nice to have all the people sing at once (fyi, they said they had 4900 people) I still think that the loudest I ever heard that sung, was at game 1 alds, when former cub clement got an earful.

Viva Medias B's
10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
When we won the game, what did the UC staff do? Did they set off the foghorns?

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 07:23 PM
That's not true. When the Bulls were on the road in Utah in 1998, they opened up the UC and had the same gathering like they did for the sox last night. I was there and you bought a general admission ticket and you could sit in the lower level, club level or upper deck. We changed levels from the upper deck to lower at half time so we could be near the court and cheerleaders when the Bulls won (yes they had the court up and the cheerleaders were there).Within days of the Cincinnati incident, the Cincinnati city council outlawed festival seating. Most other cities followed suit shortly afterward. This I know. It's possible that this ordinance wouldn't apply to this type of event, but I can't see any reason why not. Possibly they just didn't enforce it for the Bulls' games.

HebrewHammer
10-27-2005, 07:36 PM
When we won the game, what did the UC staff do? Did they set off the foghorns?

Foghorns were blasted loudly and repeatedly.

Soxfanspcu11
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Within days of the Cincinnati incident, the Cincinnati city council outlawed festival seating. Most other cities followed suit shortly afterward. This I know. It's possible that this ordinance wouldn't apply to this type of event, but I can't see any reason why not. Possibly they just didn't enforce it for the Bulls' games.

I understand what you are saying and I am aware of that incident in cinncy, but the Bulls ticket I have says "general admission" on it, so no seats were given to anyone before the event so security had nothing to enforce. It was like going to a show at the metro or riv or aragon or something and actually I was a bit surprised because I only have seen GA at concert venues with open floors, where of course EVERYTHING is GA and no assigned seats.

Ol' No. 2
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I understand what you are saying and I am aware of that incident in cinncy, but the Bulls ticket I have says "general admission" on it, so no seats were given to anyone before the event so security had nothing to enforce. It was like going to a show at the metro or riv or aragon or something and actually I was a bit surprised because I only have seen GA at concert venues with open floors, where of course EVERYTHING is GA and no assigned seats.I can't explain the difference, either. But for the Sox game, tickets had seats clearly indicated and did not say general admission. :dunno:

minastirith67
10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
General admission just means all seats are the same price. You still have to have an assigned seat when you buy your ticket. What used to be known as "Festival Seating" has been illegal in most cities since the disastrous concert in Cincinnati in the 1970's.

Why is it that most of the infamous incidents in sports occurred in the 1970s? We have Disco Demolition Night, 10-cent beer night in Cleveland, the various streaking episodes and people of all types running onto the field gaining attention.

Soxfanspcu11
10-27-2005, 08:25 PM
I can't explain the difference, either. But for the Sox game, tickets had seats clearly indicated and did not say general admission. :dunno:

Yeah, it was weird though, BEFORE the game started and they were showing the footage on the scoreboard (beautiful new scoreboard by the way!) the security was really strict on where you could sit, but as soon as the game started you could go wherever.

ewokpelts
10-27-2005, 08:28 PM
the united center site said "reserved seating".....

Gene