PDA

View Full Version : Now "Experts" From Around the Nation Sound Off...

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 10:07 AM
My car radio was on ESPN from listening to the game the other night, so when I got into my car this morning, the Colin Cowherd (sp) show was on. What do you think they were talking about? The amazing run of the White Sox? The selflessness of this team? Of course not.

It was "Why do the Cubs draw more fans than the Sox?" Ugh.

Hearing douchebags from Rhode Island and Arizona call in and literally say "Their ballpark is garbage! They need to tear it down and build a new one," and "They slap players wives and attack coaches. No wonder no one ever goes," for 5 minutes was enough to make me punch my car radio off. Then of course there was the whole "blue collar" angle, where Sox fans are poor and Cubs fans are all wealthy, happy-go-lucky people. Just every stereotype you've ever heard coming from idiots all over the country.

Doesn't matter, though. The Chicago White Sox are the WORLD CHAMPIONS and nothing can take that away from us. :gulp:

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Doesn't matter, though. The Chicago White Sox are the WORLD CHAMPIONS and nothing can take that away from us. :gulp:

Right on. Let them whine about whatever they want; the Sox have the ultimate prize.:cool:

cheeses_h_rice
10-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Opinions, *******s, yada yada yada.

samram
10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
My car radio was on ESPN from listening to the game the other night, so when I got into my car this morning, the Colin Cowherd (sp) show was on. What do you think they were talking about? The amazing run of the White Sox? The selflessness of this team? Of course not.

Hearing douchebags from Rhode Island and Arizona call in and literally say "Their ballpark is garbage! They need to tear it down and build a new one," and "They slap players wives and attack coaches. No wonder no one ever goes," for 5 minutes was enough to make me punch my car radio off. Then of course there was the whole "blue collar" angle, where Sox fans are poor and Cubs fans are all wealthy, happy-go-lucky people. Just every stereotype you've ever heard coming from idiots all over the country.

I went into work late today, and I figured there would be some positive talk about the Sox to listen to during the drive on what passes for sports talk here. So I hear the beginning of Cowherd's show and it was five minutes of absolute stupidity. He declared that Cubs fans care more, are more knowledgable, and more loyal due to the attendance figures. Colin is a one-trick pony, and that's college football. The rest of his show is crap.

Like you said, the hell with him. Nothing any mediot says can ruin today.

Argalarga
10-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Cowherd is a disgrace to ESPNY. Seriously, he should be doing sports talk in Nebraska. Let him watch his precious college football, and leave talking baseball to people who actually like baseball.

veeter
10-27-2005, 12:06 PM
I went into work late today, and I figured there would be some positive talk to listen to during the drive about the Sox on what passes for sports talk here. So I hear the beginning of Cowherd's show and it was five minutes of absolute stupidity. He declared that Cubs fans care more, are more knowledgable, and more loyal due to the attendance figures. Colin is a one-trick pony, and that's college football. The rest of his show is crap.

Like you said, the hell with him. Nothing any mediot says can ruin today. The third sentence in this quote is all I needed to see to confirm this guy is a walking anus and has no clue.

Maximo
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM

"Their ball park is garbage?"

Guess we'll have to "spruce it up" next spring by flying a few new flags over it.

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 02:28 PM
"Their ball park is garbage?"

Guess we'll have to "spruce it up" next spring by flying a few new flags over it.

Exactly.

:thumbsup:

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I don't want to hear barf worthy material the day after a White Sox Winner!

wsoxfan
10-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Colin Cowherd blows, his radio show is freakin' awful...