PDA

View Full Version : Where were you when we won it all?

gogochisox1917
10-27-2005, 10:56 AM
We were at Minute Maid, Section 106, row 30. Surrounded by Astros fans, but with a group of 10 or so Sox fans a few rows behind us. After the game, all of the Sox fans moved toward the dugout and celebrated and I swear that you could feel the electricity in the air...everybody laughing, cheering, crying, singing "na,na,na,na...goodbye". Wow. Unforgettable.

Railsplitter
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Parked in front of the TV at home.

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Section 230 at the United Center, hugging and high-fiving all types of strangers. After the Uribe catch in the stands, the UC was going nuts. After the third out, that place was so loud, you couldn't hear the PA system. They were playing "Let's Go, Go-Go White Sox!", but no one was singing because everybody was just going crazy.

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Pacing around the living room with my family at my side.

SoxFanRivrForest
10-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Doc Ryan's in Forest Park with my son. Wow, did Uribe make huge plays in the 9th or what?!

Black Sox
10-27-2005, 11:12 AM
I had thought about going to the UC myself but I figured the beer would be expensive. Anyway, wish I had been there to be around so many die-hards. I was at this bar 50 North in Schaumburg. It was filled up with Sox fans. When Uribe made that spectacular finishing throw I just jumped up in the air and into a crowd of Sox fans. It was just like all the players running into eachother. Then it was hugs all around. A lot like new years in a way, just way more joy and jubilation.

Pulaski
10-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Phil N Lou's in the West Loop. It was a great time!!!

BAD BOBBY!

tstrike2000
10-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Section 230 at the United Center, hugging and high-fiving all types of strangers. After the Uribe catch in the stands, the UC was going nuts. After the third out, that place was so loud, you couldn't hear the PA system. They were playing "Let's Go, Go-Go White Sox!", but no one was singing because everybody was just going crazy.

Ditto, at the United Center lower level watching it with my wife and 5000 other awesome fans!!

kevin57
10-27-2005, 11:33 AM
At Casto's Bar on 111th & Central Park with two cousins, both killer Sox fans.

whitesoxwilkes
10-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Dugan's at Madison and Halsted.

Great Sox bar!

Clembasbal
10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
In Bed... :hug:

voodoochile
10-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Standing alone in the bar at Chili's waiting for the dishwasher to finish up his closing duties.

When the ball hit Paulie's mitt, I quickly lost my voice. Then I woke up Jacksonville with a very loud "How about those White Sox?!??!???!!?!" at top volume out the side door.

Then I came here...

soxfan26
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Me and my wife watched the game with my Mom & Dad. When the game was over I corked the champagne, my Mom called my uncle the Flubs fan & my Dad kept saying "I thought I'd never live to see it."

CHIsoxNation
10-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Fat Sam's in Orland Park, fantastic!

Lip Man 1
10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
I was getting drenched in champaign.

Seriously.

A second or two after the final out there was a knock at my door and my friend who is the assistant athletic director for media relations at Idaho State University had a bottle of champaign and started pouring it over my head while he and my wife laughed. It never felt so good.

Lip

doublem23
10-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Old Chicago in downtown Peoria and then back to my apartment for champagne and cigars. :cool:

BayAreaSoxFan
10-27-2005, 12:02 PM
At home. It was the sweetest thing ever watching the sox win. Unfortunatly my friend (fellow sox fan) had to work.:angry:

We're gonna kill his boss

muhahahaha

White SOX!!!!!!!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandanc e:
:gulp::gulp::gulp:

#1venturafan
10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
At my mom & dad's house with my husband and my dog. After that, we ran outside to make some serious noise!

ihatethecubs
10-27-2005, 12:22 PM
cobblestone's on 39th and parnell, then running amuck through out the bedlam in bridgeport, it was insane

veeter
10-27-2005, 12:29 PM
I was at work. I got to see the whole game, though. After they won, I got in my ambulance, pulled it outside and woke up the neighborhood with the sirens. It felt really good.

TDog
10-27-2005, 12:31 PM
At home, in the WSI chat room, the only place in Alaska where I could be assured of being surrounded by Sox fans.

DaveIsHere
10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
At Home, With my wife, dog and buddy. Screamed bloody murder when Juan made those plays.....then celebrated with my neighbor once he got home.

GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 12:37 PM
At home in Miami calling all my relatives back in Chicago with tears streaming down my face!:bandance:

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
In my family room, jumping up and down with my wife in my arms. :D:

And shortly after, in the bathroom getting bandaids for my bleeding fingernails.

ChiSoxGirl
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I was at Puffers in Bridgeport, where I watched 6 games of the playoffs, starting with Game 3 of the ALCS. It was absolute pandemonium in that place and they started turning people away at the door around 7 or so... the last chair in the building was taken at 3:30p!!! It was jam packed and the chants were so loud throughout the night that you would've thought you were at the ballpark watching the game!

Shortly after the last out was made, I was literally knocked to the floor of the bar by a bunch of people jumping up & down and celebrating, but thanks to a fellow WSIer, I was able to get up off the floor and celebrate with my WSI friends. :bandance: :gulp:

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Mollys Bar and eatery in dekalb, i didnt paricipate in the riot afterwards tho, i was mad tho cuz i gave the bar the go go go go whitesox song and the guy is a sox fan but they never played it(but he did give me a free shot)

Later i ended up on greenbrier with 2 bottles of champagne

http://brainylady.blogspot.com/continental.jpg
"Champagne? CAVIAR! GO SOX!"

spawn
10-27-2005, 12:43 PM
I was at home with my wife and stepson. Good times.:bandance:

SOXintheBURGH
10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Me and batmanZoSo were at Buffalo Wild Wings in Frankfort, then proceeded to drive into Bridgeport.

WikdChiSoxFan
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Puffer's ... and oh my what a celebration. It was crazy... then I ran home for the broom and decided to dance in the street for an hour and high five people... I think I danced to some guy playing sweet home chicago in his car for a while ... ah it was great ... then headed over to see the celebration getting coralled at 35th and Halstead ... then went over to Comiskey to see the crazy fans climbing up on the parking lights ... then headed over to maxwell street depot and got me a double cheeseburger double with, then went back to puffers to close out my tab ... and then back to my apt where I then let this whole thing sink in

sox230
10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
In Ann Arbor at a friends apartment with 4 sox fans and champagne chillin in the fridge.:gulp:

VenturaSoxFan23
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Guess I get to be the odd-ball. Was grocery shopping at Van Til's on 169th in Hammond. Followed the game on my cell-phone. Battery was low around the bottom of the 9th. It said Palmeiro ended the game grounding out. Courtesy calls started coming in throughout the store. "John, you have a call on 302."

I told a clerk, "I know why the calls are coming in. :D: The Sox won."

Then my cell phone got a message making it official. The bagger was glad and relieved. My daughter was there throwing a fit because she couldn't get a toy car.

We walked outside and I told my 4 year old son, "You know what, Joe? The Sox won!" He threw his arms up in the air, smiled huge and cheered "Yay, Sox!"

Once we got the groceries in the car, it started to drizzle. I think it was the Sox fans in heaven crying in joy. (Not the Los Angeles Angels, either.)

Driving home, horns were blaring and fireworks went off in some households. Think there was the occassional gun shot fired as well.

:supernana:

mrs. hendu
10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
With Hendu at home.

I was afraid we wouldn't see anything b/c of "Comcastic" reception of Fox channel. But thankfully tiling went away just in time.

wxkid23
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Section 153 row 14 seats 15 and 16 in MM Park.

My Dad and I went totally crazy when we could see the ump call the out, I initially thought he might be safe. We stayed in the stands jumping up and down for a couple minutes and had a picture taken of us then proceeded to go join in the celebration behind the Sox dugout. Our fans are awesome!!

I am going to get chills every time I think of the moment we won it the rest of my life. A dream come true for my Dad and I.

AnkleSox
10-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I was a lincoln station on lincoln, right by depaul. For a northside bar, the place was full of Sox energy. And me and my buddy started a "bobby" chant in the 9th, and an "ozzie" chant when he was being interviewed. After that last out, I don't think Ive ever jumped so high in my life, and I really doubt I ever will.

munchman33
10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
I was at the Ridge in Homewood.

chi_guy
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
I was at home with my 10 year old son and my sister. My wife game in the room to watch the last 3 outs. When they won I jumped up, ran to the front door, opened it and screamed 'The White Sox won!!! The White Sox won!! I was the only one making noise. My neighborhood was dead.

PicktoCLick72
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Spraying Champagne over everyone at KAms.

thechico
10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
At home with my wife. Always envisioned something more glamourous. About the 8th, my chest started feeling sore. I thought, could it really be it? Fortunately, we (me and the Sox) both held on. YES! :bandance:

trublue87
10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
At the Lantern in Naperville. Not nearly as crazy as a South Side bar for sure, but I was with another die hard Sox fan - so it was all good!!! Still get tears thinking about it! :D:

SouthsideFathead
10-27-2005, 02:21 PM
bourbon street with one arm around my dad and one arm around my mom

Britt Burns
10-27-2005, 02:22 PM
I snuck into the section behind the sox dugout and started jumping up and down like crazy! I'm hungover today, I can't talk (my voice is still shot from all my screaming) and I have a splitting headache...and it feels great! OMFG we won! Incredible! Unbelievable! Go Sox!! Go Go Sox! YES!!!!!:supernana:

ChiSoxKB83
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Legends in Champaign, and on the phone with my Dad for the last out. I just had to share the moment with him. :smile:

likeawarlord
10-27-2005, 02:28 PM
united center!!

elrod
10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Catcher's Inn on 35th Street. What an unbelievable experience. I live in Evanston and I had to play two softball games last night. I didn't get to Catcher's until the 6th inning, but that's when it got great. After the game ended you could the crowd getting bigger and bigger each minute on 35th.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-27-2005, 02:34 PM
i was at bud's in tinley....WORST BAR EVER!!!!! i would've gone to rhino bar for the game but i work till 9 and buds was right there so i stayed here.

BUDS SUCKS!!!! NEVER GO THERE!

FloridaSox
10-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Sitting in my car with a portable TV plugged into the cigarette lighter..not how I imagined in my 55 years as a Sox Fan.

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Parked in front of the TV at home.

With my wife and Kids.

Iggster
10-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Fat Sam's in Orland Park, fantastic!
Right down the street from my house!

i was at bud's in tinley....WORST BAR EVER!!!!! i would've gone to rhino bar for the game but i work till 9 and buds was right there so i stayed here.

BUDS SUCKS!!!! NEVER GO THERE!
Ya Buds is expensive......glad my buddy works there get free beer when he works.

Me and batmanZoSo were at Buffalo Wild Wings in Frankfort, then proceeded to drive into Bridgeport.

I was at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Tinley Park, man that place was off the hook. I lost my voice!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

mdep524
10-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Watching it on my tv with my dad and my mom (who covered her eyes for pretty much the entire bottom of the 9th). After some hugs, tears and the trophy presentation I was off to Shoeless Joe's with a few friends to celebrate.

naprvllesoxfan
10-27-2005, 03:07 PM
We were at Buffalo Wild Wings on Rt 53 in Woodridge. It was great!! Barely had any voice left by the time we left! My ears were ringing. What an amazing night. Hugs and High Fives all around.

Cooter
10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
In front of my TV, almost afraid to watch the 9th inning...

Risk
10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
In my living room with Mrs. Risk, anxiously clutching a bottle of Moet.

Risk

Special Ed
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
I was at the UC sec 114 with my 10 year old son and girlfriend.What a great time...

I still can't believe this has happened!!!

ja1022
10-27-2005, 03:19 PM
At home with my wife and son, who just turned 14. I damn sure hope he appreciates what happened last night, and as a fan, just how fortunate he was.

billcissell
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
At home in front of the tube with my sweetheart.

Back in June, 1982, I took her to her first Sox game. It was our first date. She lived on the north side and had never been to Comiskey. I felt she was culturally deprived.

As we watched the game and got to know each other, I picked up on the fact that she was very knowledgeable about baseball. We ended up going to quite a few Sox games that summer and she became a very big Sox fan.

Fast forward 23 years. Our favorite "pastime" is still watching the Sox (in person or on tv). Been married for 21 years now. We have 3 kids (the oldest is actually a turncoat fan of that other team in town).

I wouldn't want to experience this very special season any other way, or with anyone else at my side.

World Series Champions! I love the sound of that!

TheDarkGundam
10-27-2005, 03:36 PM
At home with my dad. When we won I put on my Sox mix on the computer (Don't stop believin, Sweet Home Chicago, Na Na Hey Hey, etc.). Then my dad grabbed some pans and went outside banging them together. My neighborhood was dead too.

sullythered
10-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Spraying beer and crying like a friggin' baby at TC Pub on 97th and Cicero in Oak Lawn.

Chisox353014
10-27-2005, 03:41 PM
At Puffer's, which had to be Ground Zero for White Sox fandom last night. I've never been in a place that intense and loud before to watch a game. My ears were literally ringing when I went to sleep last night. After Uribe's catch I nearly hit the ceiling jumping up and down. When the last out was made it took about 5 seconds before I was completely doused in champagne, beer, silly string and God knows what else. Incredible celebration on Halsted afterwards. My friends and I took turns running up and down the street with the broom and Sox flag. Unbelievable!

Max Power
10-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I was at McGee's in Lincoln Park. It was wall to wall Sox fans. I had to stand most of the game and my back and feet hurt like hell, but it was the best night ever. The place went wild at the final out. The streets around DePaul were crazy after the game. Even the el ride home to Evanston was pretty rowdy.

Layla
10-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Home, heart pounding, tears welling in eyes.

It was so worth the 4 hours of sleep I got.

bigsqwert
10-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I was in sec 409 row 5 seat 4 at Minutemaid Park. Our whole section was filled with Sox fans. It was incredible.

jimw58
10-27-2005, 04:15 PM
I was in front of my TV at 1803 Auburn Ct, Norman, OK, along with my 12 year old son. It was great; I have followed the Sox since 1989 and have waited for this moment. Around here most people like the Rangers, but I follow the White Sox.

We were in Chicago this summer and I took my son and mother to a game.
It was in July when the A's were in town. The outcome of the game (Saturday) was not good, but that was before Frank went back on the DH and my son got to see him bat. It was all worth it; memories were made for a long time to come.

Go Sox!!

Jim Williams
Norman, OK

FredManrique
10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I was in my apartment in San Francisco, in front of my roommate's posh hi-def and totally absorbed in the game.

WGN coverage showed Sox fans all over Chicago, and I kind of forgot that I ever moved... it was a bit of a rude awakening when I stepped out side, and it was totally normal and quiet.

btw, this will be my last posting as FredManrique. From this day forward I shall be known as 2005WorldChamps!!!

Sargeant79
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
In Bridgeport taking in as many different experiences as I could...watched the game with my girlfriend at Cobblestone's. The place went nuts when we won. My girlfriend cried. Everyone ran outside within about a minute to wave flags at passing cars on Pershing. A bunch of cops passed, both in marked and unmarked cars, who were sometimes waving and cheering out their car windows just as loud as we were. Then went to the heart of the neighborhood and participated in the revelry with the rapidly growing crowd on 35th & Halsted. Walked up and down Halsted with some friends and just soaked it all in, pausing every half hour or so to duck into either Puffer's or Bernice and John's Place to refill a beer. At one point we walked down to the Cell to see what was goin on there. Santa Claus was there (makes sense...it felt like Christmas morning as a kid, only with a buzz) and there were a bunch of teenagers climbing the light posts and banging on the section markers with brooms. All around it was a night I will be talking about for the rest of my life.

SSN721
10-27-2005, 06:28 PM
At the UC in sect 233. Going crazy. :D:

haganaga
10-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Halligan's on Lincoln. Great time. Packed with Sox fans. After the game, beer was flying everywhere. I was absolutely drenched. This morning my fleece had a scent of beer & cigarette smoke and all I thought was, "ahhhh, the smell of victory." :bandance:

ChicagoHoosier
10-27-2005, 06:36 PM
At home, with Mrs. Hoosier and unborn baby Hoosier, watching, screaming, jumping, drinking champagne, smoking my cigar, listening to people in Bucktown scream and shoot off fireworks.

Wish i could have been at the UC or a bar with some of you guys, but I couldn't break protocol. All games were watched at home if I wasn't at the park, so had to keep it going.

batmanZoSo
10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Yep, me and the Burgh spent the eveneing at BWW's bar, standing the entire time because it was packed to the gills. Man my back was sore by the end but it was for a worthy cause. After jumping up and down hugging each other (yes, hugging) and staring in disbelief for a few minutes we ran to the car and drove to the park. Couldn't get into Puffer's but I saw Hangar in there, recognized him from the pics on the site. WE gave up trying to get in and got a burrito.

SOXintheBURGH
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Yep, me and the Burgh spent the eveneing at BWW's bar, standing the entire time because it was packed to the gills. Man my back was sore by the end but it was for a worthy cause. After jumping up and down hugging each other (yes, hugging) and staring in disbelief for a few minutes we ran to the car and drove to the park. Couldn't get into Puffer's but I saw Hangar in there, recognized him from the pics on the site. WE gave up trying to get in and got a burrito.

That salsa was brutal, but awesome.

miker
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Teehan's in Tinley Park. Blue-collar, Irish bar with loads of Sox fans. Screaming, yelling, getting showered with beer and champagne, hugging people I knew and people I didn't know. Lamenting that there was no Journey on the jukebox for the post game celebration.
In an instant, the worries of the world were off my shoulders, because I had just seen the White Sox win the World Series.

IronFisk
10-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I was at Puffers in Bridgeport, where I watched 6 games of the playoffs, starting with Game 3 of the ALCS. It was absolute pandemonium in that place and they started turning people away at the door around 7 or so... the last chair in the building was taken at 3:30p!!! It was jam packed and the chants were so loud throughout the night that you would've thought you were at the ballpark watching the game!

Shortly after the last out was made, I was literally knocked to the floor of the bar by a bunch of people jumping up & down and celebrating, but thanks to a fellow WSIer, I was able to get up off the floor and celebrate with my WSI friends. :bandance: :gulp:

That WSI'er was I. It was pure bedlam after that out - but I think I'll be most proud of saving someone's life that night! Seriously Girl, you were going to get seriously f'ed up.

After that, I lost my phone (again - lost it after the pennant clincher too). Found it just in time for the trophy presentation. Don't know if that will be as remembered as my a$$ being slapped over and over as I bent over to look for my phone :redface:.

Well, then we poured out into the street, where Halsted was PACKED! Cool thing was, the cops let it happen - they were MUCH more tense after the pennant. Anyhow, after a few hundred high-5's, saloming cars and dancing in the middle of the street, I beat feet down to the Cell. On the way, one nice chap threw me a cigar out of his car. This time, the cops lets us down there - blocked after the pennant. A spot in Lot C (right?) was provided for those to let off (88 years of) steam.

That scene was just anarchy. Good anarchy, but still. All TV stations were out there, and just like the idiot magnets they are, as soon as any of them went on, fans decended on them like mad. I made it on Channel 5 (with some crack at cub fans) and Telemundo. Well, didn't speak on there (all the Spanish I know is off the Taco Bell menu), but did get behind someone else. Anyhow, after a while, it died out, and I began my triumphant march back to Halsted - with an Eastwood like cigar butt clenched in my teeth.

Oh yeah, it rained. Kept increasing as the night went on, but didn't feel a thing! Kept that COWBELL ringing all along!

GIANT thanks to you Girl, and Mike, Dude, Chips, Hanger & Fanatic - sweet, sweet memories. You guys seriously ROCK! Hope this becomes a fall habit!

Dolanski
10-27-2005, 10:07 PM
At 7 10 Lounge, Lincoln and Diversey. Saw every WS game there, and they kept winning, so we had to keep coming back. Oh, and while it is on the North Side, its a White Sox bar. Gotta love it.

Canadian_SoxFan
10-27-2005, 11:33 PM
I was in my dorm room, when the final out was recorded I pretty much went nuts, I may have bothered some people studying for midterms, which I later apologized for, but at the time I didn't care. THE WHITE SOX WON!!!:bandance:

Frankfan4life
10-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Parked in front of the TV at home.Me too! (Except it was my TV and my home.)

Iggster
10-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Teehan's in Tinley Park. Blue-collar, Irish bar with loads of Sox fans. Screaming, yelling, getting showered with beer and champagne, hugging people I knew and people I didn't know. Lamenting that there was no Journey on the jukebox for the post game celebration.
In an instant, the worries of the world were off my shoulders, because I had just seen the White Sox win the World Series.

Teehans home of the dollar drafts woooooo! I can imagine that bar was packed, considering how small it is!

nccwsfan
10-28-2005, 03:19 PM
At home holding my son, showing him something that hasn't happened in either of our lifetimes.

Chrisaway
10-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Here in my apartment waving a broom and screaming at the top of my lungs.

gogochisox1917
10-28-2005, 06:13 PM
I love reading everybody's posts. Whenever I am asked this question, for the rest of my life, I will be able to picture the exact time and place, the sounds, the sight, the feeling I got when the Chicago White Sox became The World Champion Chicago White Sox. Living in Houston, I'm sure I will be back at Minute Maid again next year to watch the Astros play a game or two, but to me it will never again be the just the Astros homefield. It will be the place where The White Sox became World Champions.