PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Dye M.V.P.

D. TODD
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
A very deserving choice in my opinion. He had numerous "professional" at bats making the Astros pitchers work, and came up with clutch hits throughout the series. From the nine pitch homer off Clemens to get the Series off on the right foot, to the game winner up the middle in game 4. I'm glad to see J.D. has his place in World Series history.

There were other deserving Sox as well, this was truly a team effort. Joe Crede comes to mind as a close runner-up choice though.

asindc
10-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I agree that Dye deserved it, though if Crede had won it I wouldn't have been upset. Also, based on the last two innings last night alone, Uribe deserves some mention. Wow!!!

pythons007
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I think this whole team deserves part of that M.V.P. award. Our whole team did something for us during this World Series, down to each bench player and reliever. I say cut that thing up into 25 peices.:D:

Frater Perdurabo
10-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey Hangar,

You know I love you as only one straight Sox fan can love another straight Sox fan. but do you want to re-consider your opinion of Dye? Still think KW was cheap, timid and stupid to sign him?

Hangar = overjoyed to be :redface:

:neener::thumbsup:

Heck, we all ought to take KW's lottery number recommendations right about now....

:)

HotelWhiteSox
10-27-2005, 12:15 PM
A nice series, but honestly, he sure did it quietly because I hadn't realized the WS numbers he put up, I guess it fits well since he's a cool and mellow guy.

Crede had himself a postseason, ****ing clutch, but everyone contributed, truly an entire team effort. I think the whole roster was used in the postseason, with the whole bullpen used the other night, in the end, it's kind of cool that everyone got in, truly a team!