PDA

View Full Version : The Best thing about the Sox winning it all is...

Railsplitter
10-27-2005, 10:40 AM
...the Yankees have gone longer without winning the Series!

gogochisox1917
10-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I'll be able to sleep again. I'll be able to breath again. I will stop having heart palpitations. I can stop wondering if we'll win it all and spend all my time reliving when we won it all!

house215
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Now I Have My Life Back!

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2005, 10:52 AM
...is knowing that my team finally won the World Series!!!!!

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 10:54 AM
I can die at peace. I thought I'd die first.

chisoxfanatic
10-27-2005, 10:55 AM
knowing that Cub fans can say absolutely NOTHING until they can do the same!

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
We've invested so much over the past 7 months alone, but so has every other die-hard fan of their baseball team. Every baseball fan shares the same goal back on Opening Day, but we're the only fan base that can honestly say that we accomplished that goal.

Second best: Opening Day 2006, we will be the defending World Series Champions.

Fake Chet Lemon
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Every time a Cub fans tries to give me crap I will start clapping and chanting "1908! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap , 1908! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap". No need to even debate them on ANYTHING anymore.

I can't wait to go to Wrigley for interleague next year with a 1908 sign and that chant for the entire ballgame. Gonna be fun. A close second place will be hearing us introduced as "your Reigning World Champion Chicago White Sox" at every home game I attend next year.

D. TODD
10-27-2005, 11:02 AM
The satisfaction of seeing the team that I have rooted for and supported for 30 years reach the ultimate goal of becoming WORLD CHAMPIONS! All of the poor teams, good teams, and every other Sox team in between had my full support and now "my" Sox have conquered the baseball world. It is truly a unbelievable feeling that will last a lifetime.

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Now I Have My Life Back!

Same here. My wife thinks this is the best reason as well!:D:

Rocky Soprano
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Now I Have My Life Back!

My wife told me:

Now I have my husband back! :D:

asindc
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
My favorite team in all of sports has won the WS in grand style!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

SOXPHILE
10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Just the actual fact that THE WHITE SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!!! My dad was born and grew up mostly on the north side of Chicago in the 1950's, in the heart of Cub-ville. He became a Sox fan. The day I was born, my Cub fan mother actually said to him "you have a Sox fan". Growing up in the 70's & 80's, because of him, I rooted for and followed the Sox. Could sometimes be lonely doing this in the NW 'burbs. The fact that the team that I have lived and died with for over 25 years, and that he has lived and died with for 50 years, is FINALLY the CHAMPS, there is no way I can hope to even come close to describing the feeling.

wdelaney72
10-27-2005, 11:18 AM
As a resident of the far north suburbs, I receive A LOT of chirping regarding my 3 beloved Sox jerseys, which I wear as frequently as possible. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the usual comments of "Sox? Eeww" will be few and far between. All a Sox fan needs to say now is "World Series... YES."

Procol Harum
10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
The best thing--if you thought the churros went down smoothly before, just think how they'll go down when watching the 2005 world champs defend their title next year....
:D:

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 11:24 AM
The best thing--if you thought the churros went down smoothly before, just think how they'll go down when watching the 2005 world champs defend their title next year....
:D:

:ozzie:

"When you defend your World Series title, the beer tastes better."

winitall
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
The best thing about the sox winning it all is . .

that they deserved it. Period.

tstrike2000
10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
knowing that Cub fans can say absolutely NOTHING until they can do the same!

Absolutely!! Also, that we can leave this Earth one day knowing our team won a World Series during our lifetime.

supertwangreverb
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Now I Have My Life Back!

Hahaha, one more thing left for me. Cut class this afternoon, got to the Sports Authority, and open my wallet one last time.

chidonez
10-27-2005, 11:45 AM
The best thing? They deserved it. I became a fan some time ago, but I didn't begin the love affair until Ozzie showed up. There has been something delightful about watching this team play, especially from the first pitch of this season. After what they went through, and after all the tight games, and the lack of recognition, victory couldn't be more satisfying. Who knows what these guys will do in the rest of their careers? Take Blum for instance. Maybe he'll win a batting title, or not. But he'll always be a hero in this town.

Lip Man 1
10-27-2005, 11:54 AM
The best thing about winning it all is that for one time at the end of the season White Sox fans who have been around for decades can thumb their noses (or extend their middle finger) to fans of every other team for the years of snide comments, insults, and for being ignored.

They can't do that anymore.

Lip

BNLSox
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Hearing the team announced as "Your World Champion Chicago White Sox."

I remember I used to get the chills when the Bulls took the court to the equivalent announcement.

Also nice:
-the 2005 flag
-Ozzie managing the all-star game (clinched with the pennant, but still damn cool)
-what this will do for the franchise and for the south side

Danieljack80
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Being able to reflect on friendships forged over the years by root, root, rooting for the White Sox. This team and its achievements have a very special place in my heart, but that place must be shared with my fellow Sox fans.

kevin57
10-27-2005, 12:37 PM
The best thing?

After years of tears and disappointments.

After enduring taunts and hautiness by Cub, Yankee, etc. fans.

After a season of close games and spectacular baseball.

We Made It!

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
I'll be able to sleep again. I'll be able to breath again. I will stop having heart palpitations. I can stop wondering if we'll win it all and spend all my time reliving when we won it all!

All of the above, and also the fact that I was alive to see it!

gobears1987
10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
new chant to drown out Flub's nonsense
1908!!!! 1908!!!!

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Best thing is that they won.

dondosae1
10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
The satisfaction of seeing the team that I have rooted for and supported for 30 years reach the ultimate goal of becoming WORLD CHAMPIONS! All of the poor teams, good teams, and every other Sox team in between had my full support and now "my" Sox have conquered the baseball world. It is truly a unbelievable feeling that will last a lifetime.

that sums it up for me, nicely said.

wassagstdu
10-27-2005, 01:07 PM
It's not THAT they won it as much as HOW they won it: with win-or-die-trying, only-stat-that-matters-is-W, Team ball. That and winning wire-to-wire with a historic October run.

.:walkoff:

mattcoz
10-27-2005, 01:10 PM
There is no single best thing, it's everything. Our Sox are World Champions!! :D:

MiamiSpartan
10-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Can't wait to see what happens when we play the scrubs next year! I think they should wait to raise the flag until that series...:redneck

wdelaney72
10-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I work for a Fortune 500 company headquartered in the Chicago Northshore. We had a baseball rally day yesterday, which allowed employees to wear Jeans and Sox-wear.

Message just came out it's happening again tomorrow... YES!

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Every time a Cub fans tries to give me crap I will start clapping and chanting "1908! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap , 1908! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap". No need to even debate them on ANYTHING anymore.

I can't wait to go to Wrigley for interleague next year with a 1908 sign and that chant for the entire ballgame. Gonna be fun. A close second place will be hearing us introduced as "your Reigning World Champion Chicago White Sox" at every home game I attend next year.

beat me to it

Hendu
10-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Not having to see commercials for House, Bones and...ugh...the 'meet your new mommy' travesty with that beast who sounds like she's auditioning to be Pantera's singer.

After seeing those commercials every 5 minutes, I would rather eat a plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters than ever watch any of those shows. :redneck

(This obviously isn't the best thing about the Sox winning it all, but it is a good thing, so didn't feel that teal was appropriate).

Risk
10-27-2005, 03:23 PM
After years of trials and tribulations, highs and lows (mostly lows), through all the b.s. and crap that the players and we the fans had to deal with, the White Sox are finally and deservedly the World Champions. Nuff' said.:gulp:

Risk

mrs. hendu
10-27-2005, 03:29 PM

But... but... the Cubs are more popular and they have Wrigley.

mrs. hendu
10-27-2005, 03:30 PM
The best thing? Hard to choose one, but I guess it would be witnessing this historic win and knowing that the Sox deserved it from day 1.

6th_starter
10-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Sox Pride

Layla
10-27-2005, 03:55 PM
The best thing?

The joy they brought to the fans and the pride they brought to the Southside and to the city of Chicago.

Next, wearing World Series Champions clothes for years to come.

SocialD
10-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I'd have hated to see this team finish the season with the same ending as the folks from Heaven's Gate.