PDA

View Full Version : Thanks WSI

BedfordChisox
10-27-2005, 10:33 AM
I am normally not given to sentimentality, but given the fact that I haven't slept, maybe my emotions are getting the better of me...

Anyway, I wanted to say "Thanks" to the folks that through their hard work and dedication have made WSI the incredible website that it is. There is no better source for info on the Sox. Through this site, all of us diehard Sox fans who no longer live close to Chicago can still feel like we're right there with everyone else, celebrating an event that some (myself included) sincerely wondered whether or not they'd experience in this lifetime.

I'll never forget the time I attended a game at the Ballpark in Arlington, and, during a rain delay (that didn't end...), I spoke to another fan in Sox garb, only to find out it was the Frater. Without this website, that probably would have simply been a meeting of two Sox fans with little else to speak about. It turned out to be an hour-plus conversation, and I was fortunate to get to meet and know a great Sox fan and a great person. I look forward to seeing the Frater, Mrs. Frater, Sister-in-law Frater (ditch the Nationals cap!), and many more DFW local Sox fans next season.

Mods, webmasters, feature writers, et.al., "Great Job". I look forward to following the Sox during the offseason via the site. Keep it going.

The players and organization deserve our admiration and respect for all they've done... and so does this site, which has allowed me and others like me to feel like we're as much a part of it as those lucky folks dancing between the raindrops in Bridgeport last night through this morning.

GO SOX!!

gogochisox1917
10-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Anyway, I wanted to say "Thanks" to the folks that through their hard work and dedication have made WSI the incredible website that it is. There is no better source for info on the Sox. Through this site, all of us diehard Sox fans who no longer live close to Chicago can still feel like we're right there with everyone else, celebrating an event that some (myself included) sincerely wondered whether or not they'd experience in this lifetime.

I second that!:gulp:

Crede_Fan
10-27-2005, 10:37 AM
I 2nd that! The past few months this site has made this an even more special season!! Cheers to all the mods who make this a great SOX fan home!

Heffalump
10-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I 3rd that!...Thanks to PHG and the other mods that have helped develop this site to THE BEST baseball (not just Sox) fan site on the net.

And thanks to all the members for their insightful, funny, and sometimes crazy posts!!

Finally, a special thanks to the mods (PHG, VooDoo, etc.) that have given me a second chance (and a third as well !) to be part of this wonderful site during this wonderful year !!!

Fake Chet Lemon
10-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Thank goodness this site will again be here all offseason so that I can always get my White Sox fix before I hear the four best words in the English language: "Pitchers and catchers report". THANKS!!!

ChicagoHoosier
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I joined this site in December and have been on board thru this entire magical off-season, pre-season, regular season, and post season. This site has been a HUGE part of my White Sox enjoyment for the 2005 series and I also thank all of you responsible for keeping it up and running!

:gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
I finally, belatedly, paid for my 2005 WSI Patron status today. I had meant to do it earlier but never got around to it, and I figured today was as good a day as any to show my appreciation for the hard work PHG, FWC and the mods have put into making WSI the best fan site on the 'Net.

[edit: here's the link (http://www.flyingsock.com/Shop/index.htm) to buying a sponsorship]

mjharrison72
10-27-2005, 11:33 AM
This is such an amazing community... from the offseason debates about who to add, what the new lineup should be, to the long season of ups and downs (mostly ups, though!), to dark clouds and sunny skies, through August and September, which I think we can all agree were some of the longest months of our lives, and through an amazing postseason run, WSI has been there for all of us... a place where you can find someone to agree with something you've thought all along, provide a different perspective, or a much-needed slap in the face when you've turned into a blathering idiot.

I salute you who work so hard to keep this online refuge running for us!
:gulp:

chidonez
10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Me too... Great site. I hope the White Sox realize what a service this is to their fan base. I am one of the many who have temporarily moved on to other parts of the country, and without this providing the stickiness, it may have been easy enough to slip away. But here I am...

MeteorsSox4367
10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
To everyone involved with the operation of WSI: Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing me and everyone else with an opportunity and a forum to express how much the Sox - SORRY, I MEANT 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX - mean to us.

I'm happy to know I'm not alone in my Sox geekdom.

As seemingly everyone who sends an e-mail (I love e-mail) to Hawk and DJ ends their notes with: "Thanks and Go Sox!"

soxfan26
10-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm glad I saw this thread. After drinking 1/2 a bottle of champagne last night and celebrating with my family I ran to WSI and expressed my thanks to the WSI staff.

This season was more enjoyable because of the hard work you all do. It made it possible for 40 Sox fans to sing "Na-Na-Na-Na" together in a D.C. bar after game 1 - I'll always remember the excitement in that place.

We all know we would be broke if we had to pay by the minute for all the time we spend on this site. Sox fans have got to stick together

Keep the Sock Flying!!! (http://www.flyingsock.com/Shop/index.htm)

Tragg
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I finally, belatedly, paid for my 2005 WSI Patron status today. I had meant to do it earlier but never got around to it, and I figured today was as good a day as any to show my appreciation for the hard work PHG, FWC and the mods have put into making WSI the best fan site on the 'Net.

[edit: here's the link (http://www.flyingsock.com/Shop/index.htm) to buying a sponsorship]

I didn't know there was such a thing.

I just bought one myself.

Thanks George, West, Daver and all of the rest for a great site.

Frater Perdurabo
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM

Great post, cheeses. I just purchased my patron status.

:threadrules:

Bedford, thanks for the great thread, your kind words and for the great time at that rainout!

PHG, thanks for conceiving and birthing WSI.

West, thanks for making the engine purr.

Mods, thanks for keeping things so tidy and dealing so well with trolls and dark clouds.

Contributors and columnists, thanks for capturing the essence of what it means to be a Sox fan.

And the rest of you, thanks for making WSI a great community. We are the Core of the Core.

Lip Man 1
10-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Thank you for your kind comments. I live for doing the interviews with the Sox greats of the past. The stories bring me back to when I was a kid, when things seemed simpler. Plus I think the former players appreciate that someone, be it me, or the Sox fans at WSI remember them and what they contributed to the franchise.

The next interview has already been sent along to George. It's a coup for the site because it is with a current member of upper management... someone who knows the franchise very well.

The one after that has been started after a two hour conversation with the subject on Tuesday morning. The only thing that I'll say is that he is a former manager of the White Sox. :smile:

Lip

Medford Bobby
10-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Chuck Tanner?????????:D:

cbone
WSI has made an already incredible season even better. This site hs been wonderful. There isn't another place anywhere where you can find a group of more knowledgable and passionate fans. Thanks to all the Mods for letting enjoy your efforts. :gulp:

Frater Perdurabo
The next interview has already been sent along to George. It's a coup for the site because it is with a current member of upper management... someone who knows the franchise very well.

The one after that has been started after a two hour conversation with the subject on Tuesday morning. The only thing that I'll say is that he is a former manager of the White Sox. :smile:

Lip

Lip, any chance you might interview Jerry Reinsdorf in the near future? :D:

Procol Harum
10-27-2005, 12:06 PM
I second all the emotions and should fold the "Group Hug" thread I started into this one. The Sox are the best, Sox fans are the best, and this site features the best of the best about the best!

:hug: