PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Shoeless Joe!

Qdaddy
10-27-2005, 09:33 AM
WAY TO GO SOX!!! I just wanted to say, this ones for "Shoeless" Joe Jackson and may he now rest a little easier now. Who's with me???

Mendoza Line
10-27-2005, 09:49 AM
To Shoeless Joe! :gulp:

Crede_Fan
10-27-2005, 09:55 AM
:gulp::gulp:Shoeless!!!!:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

LongLiveFisk
10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
I agree big time, and now we all know why Roger Clemens' mom kept saying "Shoeless Joe" before she passed. :smile:

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 10:38 AM
God bless Shoeless and all the others who were blacklisted by baseball, but played their hearts out. Rest in peace.

Jerry - we need a Shoeless Joe Statue at the Cell.

asindc
10-27-2005, 10:52 AM
To Shoeless Joe and Buck Weaver!!!:gulp: :gulp:

graham5
10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Joe and Buck. :D:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Joe and Buck. :D:

Yeah Joe Buck needs to be celebrated:tongue:

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Does anyone still have that picture that showed the "field of dreams" with a pair of shoes on the mound and a little sign that said "left for Chicago"?

I remember somebody changed the sign after the infamous AJ "dropped third strike call" to say "you're welcome".

Now it would be neat for someone to make the sign that just says "thank you".

Here's a link to the pic. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59697)

StockdaleForVeep
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
This is for joe, aparicio, minoso, fisk, the list goes on, all the greats who came close with this franchise and missed

Layla
10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
For Joe....

and all the others who played their hearts out everyday.

You are the spirit of this team and Chicago.

thechico
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Here's to you Shoeless Joe! :gulp:

batmanZoSo
10-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Say it is so, Joe!

http://www.skylinepictures.com/Freidl7.gif
It is SO so...bro. :wink:

Sxy Mofo
10-27-2005, 05:49 PM
I agree big time, and now we all know why Roger Clemens' mom kept saying "Shoeless Joe" before she passed. :smile:

There was some weird/coincidental stuff in this season both for the sox, and for me. Never mind the fact that we won right around halloween

1. The shoeless joe talk from clemens mom, and the astros meeting the sox in the series.
2. The number 8. 8 game winning streaks all year, two to close it out. 88 years since the last championship. This is a post in my 8 thread.... uncanny.
1. After eight men out, we waited 88 years for a championship.
2. We finished the season with an 8-game winning streak.
3. We won eight in a row five times, but never nine in a row.
4. How many hits did we have last night? Eight.
5. What inning did we score the winning run in? The eighth.
6. Willie Harris wears number 12. He scored the winning run. Jermaine Dye wears 23. He drove in the winning run. Add up the digits: 1+2+2+3=8
7. October 26: 2+6=8
3. Clinched on the same score that opened the season, and the second half.

(for me personally)
4. I live in denver now, this is the first time the sox ever visited denver, and the sox swept. An usher told me that it was the first time he'd ever seen a whole team come out and stretch.
5. Freddy Garcia retired 22 rockies in a row, which is a record at coors field. And he held the stros down yesterday.
6. Also, that was the stretch that frank was healthy, and hit a home run in one of his at bats here.
7. I also had a ball signed at spring training by ozzie, juan uribe, joe crede, rock, cora, baines a few other guys and a number of minor leaguers. (this is now priceless to me)
8. My uncle who took me to sox games when i was a kid and went with him to a couple in college died in august after never having seen a sox championship. If he could just have held out a little longer.

The sox HAD to win.