PDA

View Full Version : 1-0

DumpJerry
10-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Opening day for the White Sox magical campaign results in a White Sox win with a score of 1-0. Game 4 of the World Series validating what we all have known for years (the Sox are greatest!) ends with a 1-0 Sox victory.

How symmetrical that is!:smile:

Pitching and defense wins it, start to finish!

veeter
10-27-2005, 08:40 AM
The coincidences have been happening all year long. What a team. I'm so proud and happy. It's also great to look at a blue bear fan and watch them wilt.

Fuller_Schettman
10-27-2005, 08:41 AM
We also began the second half with a 1-0 victory after the ASB

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 09:41 AM
I said the exact same thing last night. My wife, who grew up a Cub fan(her whole family is), said to me last night as I sat there with tears in my eyes..."you know, you said back in May and June, if they kept playing like this, they had a chance...you always believed, and I'm proud of you". She fell asleep on me, so I didn't get lucky...but hey...:cool: :D: :wink: :redface:

ChiSoxGirl
10-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Opening day for the White Sox magical campaign results in a White Sox win with a score of 1-0. Game 4 of the World Series validating what we all have known for years (the Sox are greatest!) ends with a 1-0 Sox victory.

Pitching and defense wins it, start to finish!

I said the same thing to The Dude & Chips last night at Puffers when we were nearing the end of the game! And to add to what you said... on Opening Day, it was also a 0-0 game until like the 7th or 8th inning! How perfect is this?! :bandance:

veeter
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
I said the exact same thing last night. My wife, who grew up a Cub fan(her whole family is), said to me last night as I sat there with tears in my eyes..."you know, you said back in May and June, if they kept playing like this, they had a chance...you always believed, and I'm proud of you". She fell asleep on me, so I didn't get lucky...but hey...:cool: :D: :wink: :redface: This post gave me chills. Your wife sounds cool. Maybe tonite will be your night.

tacosalbarojas
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM

I wrote just this to one of my email buds. Symmetry has never been such a beauty!

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey DumpJerry; think maybe it is time to change your moniker?

Say what you want about Jerry- he obviously has always wanted to win this thing. And when he choked up at the trophy presentation I was right there with him.

He has a talent of choosing good people in his organizations and that is sooo important.

He was also classy in immediately praising the Astros and thanking sox fans.

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I think it was fitting because that's the kind of baseball we've been playing all season.

mrfourni
10-27-2005, 02:29 PM

Say what you want about Jerry- he obviously has always wanted to win this thing. And when he choked up at the trophy presentation I was right there with him.

He has a talent of choosing good people in his organizations and that is sooo important.

He was also classy in immediately praising the Astros and thanking sox fans.

Isn't his name in regards to Jerry Manuel?

DumpJerry
10-27-2005, 04:12 PM
We can't change our screen names without losing all the postings we had. Also, look at my join date-Manuel was the skipper. Granted, I had my issues with JR over the years (having the four years of Veeck's ownerhsip coincide with my four years of high school spoiled me), I was in an angry mood at Manuel when I registered long ago............