PDA

View Full Version : Yankees approaching $150M in payroll

cheeses_h_rice
12-13-2001, 06:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/s/2001/1212/1294994.html

They're almost at double what their '98 payroll was.

Unreal.

:reinsy

I seem to have misplaced my checkbook. Can I pay for this round of drinks with a promising lefty named Buehrle?

GASHWOUND
12-13-2001, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
http://espn.go.com/mlb/s/2001/1212/1294994.html

They're almost at double what their '98 payroll was.

Unreal.

:reinsy

I seem to have misplaced my checkbook. Can I pay for this round of drinks with a promising lefty named Buehrle?

Thats freakin unbelievable. Sigh...How is the rest of baseball gonna compete with that? Hey Reiny, why don't you sell the Bulls and use that cash to get some players your bastard.

nut_stock
12-13-2001, 10:53 PM
This is why i've been saying that the YANKEES ARE BAD FOR BASEBALL. Spread the gospel tell all yankee fans that their "glory" is killing the sport, and then extend your middle finger!

Bmr31
12-13-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
This is why i've been saying that the YANKEES ARE BAD FOR BASEBALL. Spread the gospel tell all yankee fans that their "glory" is killing the sport, and then extend your middle finger!

OH GEEZ. The yankees are not bad for baseball. The current RULES are bad for baseball.........

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

OH GEEZ. The yankees are not bad for baseball. The current RULES are bad for baseball......... Hey, weren't you the guy saying it was bad for baseball that the D-Bucks bought a Series by getting two stud pitchers?

nut_stock
12-13-2001, 11:17 PM
oh come on bmr, let me have my fun. It's just refreshing to say that the YANKEES ARE BAD FOR BASEBALL. Come on now, I know you want to try it.

CLR01
12-13-2001, 11:19 PM
oh come on bmr, let me have my fun. It's just refreshing to say that the YANKEES ARE BAD FOR BASEBALL. Come on now, I know you want to try it.

Why would BMR want to say it? He is a closet yanks fan. Dude the secret is out just admit it.

Bmr31
12-13-2001, 11:20 PM

nah, im not into being jealous of success.....

Paulwny
12-14-2001, 12:09 PM
Build me a new stadium (by the tax payers of course], attendance should be higher, then I could have an all-star at every position.
Baseball will pay for me not winning the series.