PDA

View Full Version : The morning after. How do you feel?

WSoxFanForever
10-27-2005, 08:00 AM
I stayed up almost all night watching highlights, and I have a huge headache. I had champagne but didn't get drunk so it's not that. This morning I turned on Mike and Mike (most tolerate on ESPN) and saw A Tribute to the White Sox. FINALLY everyone agrees we are a great club. Guys, we could have told you that :D: I am still very excited and having trouble sitting still. I'll be useless at work!

WHITE SOX
2005 CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD

LongLiveFisk
10-27-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm not a drinker so no hangovers to report but my throat is sore from screaming! I called into work this morning to say that I will be late, but quite honestly I don't want to go at all...I want to go to Midway Airport to greet the team and I want to go to Grandstand...think they have WS CHamps '05 shirts yet??

And what time do we greet them at Midway?! This is gonna be great!! :bandance:

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2005, 08:08 AM
I stayed up until 2 am and then woke up at 5 am. Needless to say, today will not be a productive work day.

MsSoxVixen22
10-27-2005, 08:12 AM
We stayed up till midnite. I must say, I'm BEYOND happy but it hasn't suck in yet that the Sox have won. I really don't wanna be at work today! I already ordered my Sox WS shirts and hats this morning online. I can not wait till the parade!

spawn
10-27-2005, 08:13 AM
I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. I'm decked in Sox gear. I can't get this stupid smile off of my face. We really did it. I am still in a euphoric state. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Finally turned in at 2:00 AM and was up at 6:15 this morning. I had a few beers but nothing overboard. Just feeling tired, especially since I more or less did the same thing the night before.

#1venturafan
10-27-2005, 08:17 AM
I have a headache, not from being hungover but from getting a total of about 12 hours of sleep the past four nights! I don't care, though! I bought my official locker room shirt last night after the game, and I'm sporting it proudly today at work!!! I'm so proud and happy! I will not be productive at work today, and I don't care!!!

:supernana:

Crede_Fan
10-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Very tired but extremely happy! Can't get enough of hearing all the highlights! Work is so gonna suck today!:):):):)

eriqjaffe
10-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I was still exhausted from the 14-inning marathon on Tuesday, so I jumped around for a few minutes (had to keep it down, since my son was asleep), called my dad and went to bed a little bit after 11.

A little while later, I heard some fireworks and thought of the other WSIers in Arlington Heights, wondered if it was one of them setting 'em off, smiled and got one of the best night's sleeps I've ever had.

I think my wife (who isn't really a baseball fan at all) is happier this is over than I am.

"Yay! I finally get my husband back!"

I had to remind her to be glad that I'm not that much of a football fan. :redneck

Today, on the way to work, I almost started crying after I started playing "Let's Go, Go Go White Sox"...

Professor
10-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Cloud 9!

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Was up til 1 watching coverage...cried alot last night every time I saw someone holding the trophy...the part that got me the most was watching JR and KW choke up on national television. Every time I hear, or see, a headline, I get emotional....I can't believe it.

Law11
10-27-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm not a drinker so no hangovers to report but my throat is sore from screaming! I called into work this morning to say that I will be late, but quite honestly I don't want to go at all...I want to go to Midway Airport to greet the team and I want to go to Grandstand...think they have WS CHamps '05 shirts yet??

And what time do we greet them at Midway?! This is gonna be great!! :bandance:

Any spoting goods store has the gear. Dicks will have the hats at noon.
I heard they get in between 3-4 and if I can stay awake though work I'm going.

gogochisox1917
10-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Tired, delerious. What a night-what a year! I knew I would be no good at work today, so I took the day off :D: .

LauraJ14
10-27-2005, 08:26 AM
I can't believe that the Sox are World Champions, I had to stop at the White Hen and pick up copies of all the newspapers for my collection.

Coolpapa
10-27-2005, 08:27 AM
I went to bed at 4 and got up at 6, the highlights are still great and now the dork "experts" are singing our praises

harwar
10-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Had a bonfire down by the lake with about 20 folks celebrating by laughing ,drinking,ang listening to the radio blast White Sox coverage across the party,the lake,and the world.

I can't begin to explain how i feel.its too overwheming.Its like i'm dreaming.

veeter
10-27-2005, 08:30 AM
First of all, I feel great and am so happy for all of us fans. Second of all I'm exausted and need the off-season to recuperate.

Huisj
10-27-2005, 08:32 AM
First of all, I feel great and am so happy for all of us fans. Second of all I'm exausted and need the off-season to recuperate.

exactly.

I'm tired but silly happy. I have this strange feeling of not caring what happens the rest of the week at school or work, because it doesn't seem to matter compared to the Sox winning it all. :tongue:

Heffalump
10-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I am numb........And its GREAT !!!!!!!

tschneid83
10-27-2005, 08:46 AM
ill be honest.....I feel amazing..........I watched spring training, I watched at least 150 of the 162 regular season games, I did not miss a minute of the playoffs, I cheered like crazy when we won, I watched the celebration and post game stuff til 2 in the morning, and now I am just letting it all sink in and of course that means a very unproductive day for me.

:D::D::D::D::D::D::D:

EDIT: I am also glad to have my life back.....time to play catch up

WI-SOX-FAN
10-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Cloud 9!
DITTO !!!!

thought i would be tired from tuesday night and the late night last night ...

NO WAY !! EXCITEMENT STILL POURING OUT !!!!

:supernana:

whitesoxwilkes
10-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Really hungover but I don't think my feet are touching the ground.

WE DID IT!

Crede_Fan
10-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh and I forgot to add...

Thank God for Red Bull! Even though I already had wins this morning!:gulp:

Sad
10-27-2005, 09:06 AM
feel good
I actually took it easy on drinking...
had an uneasy calm about me for this series...different than I thought it/I would be...

Sxy Mofo
10-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Wooo!

I cried, I knew I would.

But it didn't really hit me until i put my white socks on with black dress pants and black shoes to wear to work today.

Why that was the catalyst, i don't know.

Church Turtle
10-27-2005, 09:09 AM
I can't stop SMILING!

and I don't want to. HUBBA HUBBA!!!

SoxFan78
10-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Im hungover and still can't believe that the Sox are World Champs. I stayed up for a while trying to watch all of the highlights.

I still cant believe it!

starboy0
10-27-2005, 09:17 AM
3 hours sleep in the last two nights. Tonight I will sleep like a baby.

billnahorodny
10-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Sleepy, hung over, sore throat and quietly examining the confirmation emails from my drunken shopping spree on mlb.com last night:o:

A_ROW33
10-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Happy as heck but I can't help but feel bad since the sox won't be playing anymore this year, it has been so fun watching them!:smile:

ChicagoHoosier
10-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Still trying to soak in what really happened. Slight headache, like many on this thread, from the beer/champagne combo. My cigar mouth tasted just lovely this morning. But, it really is a feeling I've never had.

JGarlandrules20
10-27-2005, 09:25 AM
I hardly got any sleep because I was so happy. I could have slept in but I randomly woke up at 6. First thought? White Sox are the 2005 World Series Champions. I'm beyond ecstatic. This is not a dream.:bandance:

I usually loathe the offseason, but I'm pretty sure this one won't be as bad. :smile:

Dan H
10-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Relief is best way to describe my feeling. This team has wiped all demons. The word "choke" has now been deleted from language on the South Side of Chicago baseball world. We do not have to deal with any bad history anymore. A great deal of weight has been lifted.

Skorch
10-27-2005, 09:29 AM
... is tired. After two late nights in a row of incredible baseball, I'm nothing but happy for the Sox fans.

Your team did what few thought they could. Of the national media that I read prior to the start of the season, I think Playboy gave you the most props saying you'd win the Wild Card. When you signed Pierzynski in the off-season I knew you were going to be trouble. Many Twins fans still love him for the same reasons a lot of you likely do as well now, and for some was the only reason they cheered your team this postseason. Throw that in with Tad Iguchi and I was certain the Sox were going to be a thorn in the Twins side and would make it tough on us to take the division a fourth time.

God, what an understatement.

I knew the White Sox had it in them to knock the Twins off our perch, but World Series Champions? I never saw that one coming.

To the true Sox fans who've stuck with them for years/decades, enjoy the next year. You deserve it. Congratulations.

PaulDrake
10-27-2005, 09:34 AM
I am still very excited and having trouble sitting still. I'll be useless at work!

WHITE SOX
2005 CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD Right now I'm just plain useless. I don't care either. I don't care about much of anything except what has finally happened. I'm just going to continue dwelling on it all day and maybe tomorrow too. Thank you a million times 2005 Chicago White Sox. World Champions!

thepaulbowski
10-27-2005, 09:39 AM
One word: Tired.

manders_01
10-27-2005, 09:47 AM
I drank :gulp: (almost of the rate of that little guy - LOL) and smoked my celebration cigar, screamed my head off (no voice today - everyone in the office is laughing at me :D: ), called my brother and dad, cried and congratulated a bunch of other Sox fans that were celebrating in the bar with me. Watched highlights w/no sound at the bar for a while and unfortunately, by the time I got home, I was so exhausted I had to crash. I'm going to be useless at work today - I want to soak as much of this up as possible.

We did it baby - I love this feeling! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Sox of White
10-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Went to bed around 3:00 am but I was still too excited to sleep so it took me a while to sleep, at least 4:00. I woke up this morning extremely happy but also very tired. I actually thought about ditching class, which I rarely do.

hose
10-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I slept like a baby last night.

My throat is a little sore from cheering last night.

This is the first day for the rest of my life that the Sox are the World Champions.:cool:

winitall
10-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Is there really a "morning after" if you've been up all night? Or is it just "the morning"?