PDA

View Full Version : Jim Litke Continues Cubune Tryout

VeeckAsInWreck
10-27-2005, 05:04 AM
We just won our first title in 88 years, but check out this hateful article. It makes me laugh really. This guy probably wants a job with the Cubune if you ask me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ai3NueyutFLsziQEV8lnx7Q5nYcB?slug=ap-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

ilsox7
10-27-2005, 05:08 AM
With all due respect, who the **** cares. Our players have rings. We have t-shirts and hats.

BainesHOF
10-27-2005, 05:12 AM
Wow, what a piece of garbage.

CaptainBallz
10-27-2005, 05:12 AM
Ick! Saw the headline, closed the window.

The Racehorse
10-27-2005, 05:13 AM
HOUSTON (AP) -- Enough about the Chicago White Sox (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/) and their World Series championship already.

Yes, they waited 88 years for it. Yes, they swept the Boston Red Sox (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/bos/) in the AL division series, brought the Los Angeles Angels (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/laa/) crashing back to earth in the championship series and kept the Houston Astros (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/hou/) from ever leaving the launching pad in this mercifully brief Series.

Neat little episodes all, but don't waste too much time or too many brain cells figuring out whether this is the start of something big.

Don't waste too much time figuring out? :?:

I stopped reading after that. :mad:

BTW, who's Jim Litke? :cool:

henchmanUK
10-27-2005, 05:21 AM
He's a buddy of Jay Mariotti's. It figures.

Madvora
10-27-2005, 09:05 AM
All I needed was to see the title, then I clicked on the X in the top right corner.

SoxFan78
10-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Go **** yourself Jim Litke.

Sounds like you have a major case of sour grapes.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Tool. Loser. Assclown.

Jealous.

SSN721
10-27-2005, 09:50 AM
That guy is a major piece of ****.

Dick Allen
10-27-2005, 10:02 AM
The registered users on that site really gave him an earful - Sox fans, Astros fans, and Red Sox fans alike.

cheeses_h_rice
10-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Opinions, *******s, yada yada yada.

hose
10-27-2005, 10:19 AM
jlitke@ap.org

I wonder what the Sox Army has to say to this drill rod? :duck:

ajtokarz
10-27-2005, 10:49 AM
jlitke@ap.org

I wonder what the Sox Army has to say to this drill rod? :duck:

Should we post our letter in here as well?

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 11:12 AM
What an idiot. He is already claiming the Sox (red and white) one-hit wonders because Boston didn't repeat.

:rolleyes:

I want my 2 minutes back.

slavko
10-27-2005, 11:24 AM

The two of them had a midday radio show on Sporting News Radio where Litke played the yes-man part. Enough said.

hawkjt
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Likte is a fricking fool.

maurice
10-27-2005, 02:45 PM
He is already claiming the Sox (red and white) one-hit wonders because Boston didn't repeat.

LMAO! The Red Sox won the WS, then came back the following season and made the playoffs but lost to the eventual World Champion Chicago White Sox. Red Sox Nation should hang their heads in shame. What a clown.

- - -

:AJ:
"A month ago, they were calling us chokers. But now they can
call us something else that starts with a C-H -- champions."

daveeym
10-27-2005, 04:17 PM
He said "percentages" LOL. I think he's a bp sabrematician wannabe who realized the "percentages" argument looks silly...so just rip them any which way possible.

miker
10-27-2005, 06:41 PM
They're lovers.

Argalarga
10-27-2005, 08:38 PM
More garbage from the national media. Whodathunkit?

Britt Burns
10-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Of a column fillied with inanities, these three stood out the most:

"Next season, they'll face the top of every rotation and have to ward off every opponent's best shot."

Are you suggesting other teams will juggle their rotation during the regular season to have their aces pitch against the Sox? Can you list one time a team has ever done this specifically because they are facing a pennant winner? (A stretch run when a contending team might skip a lagging starter irrespecive of their opponent doesn't count). Can you provide any proof that teams 'try' harder against champions than also-rans?

"...they'll have an organization on the other side of town with a curse and a drought and the hunger to get even in a hurry."

Can you explain to me how what the Cubs do will affect the way the Sox play, other than the 6 times they face each other? Knowing that the Cubs consistently outspend the Sox, doesn't that suggest they were trying to break their 'curse' in a hurry even before the Sox won the Series?

"They started strong and, except for a three-week run late in the season, kept on winning often enough that the team's ``chemistry'' was never seriously tested."

Did the three week 'collapse' in September not test their chemistry? Do three rounds of playoffs against top-tier teams under the harsh glare of national attention not test a team['s chemistry? Could you give an example of what might have tested their chemistry? (A plane crash killing their infield perhaps? Losing their starting pitchers to Ebola maybe?)

Anxiously awaiting your response,
Craig R
Austin, Texas