PDA

View Full Version : It was just our year?

batmanZoSo
10-27-2005, 04:38 AM
There were a lot of funny coincidences about this season and concerning the Red Sox and a few other things I've noticed. Some of them were mentioned here, I'll try to name all I can remember and tell me baseball isn't spooky:

After the 1918 Red Sox won the World Series, hockey went on strike. The following year the White Sox won the penannt.

After the 2004 Red Sox won the World Series, hockey went on strike. The following year we won the World Series.

Then another minor but still interesting coincidence I remember someone mentioning. In early September of '04, the Red Sox swept Detroit in four and so did we in early September of this year.

Then you have the umpire tonight with a number 88 on his sleeve. Eighty-eight representing the number of consecutive years without a championship for the Chicago American League ballclub (that was until, oh a few hours ago).

On the players' sleeves was a World Series insignia with the words abbreviated as "WS" in white letters no less.

*twilight zone theme plays* :wink:

I like this kind of stuff. Have fun with it if you can and add anything I've forgotten or that you've noticed. Go Go White Sox to all and to all a good night!

VeeckAsInWreck
10-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Another wacky coincidence is that in 1917, 1918, 2004 and 2005 the Cubs didn't win a World Series, ooh that gave me chills!

spongyfungy
10-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Then you have the umpire tonight with a number 88 on his sleeve. Eighty-eight representing the number of consecutive years without a championship for the Chicago American League ballclub (that was until, oh a few hours ago).

http://images.ewoss.com/MSimages/PXS10307242053.jpg

Doug Eddings!