PDA

View Full Version : SI Merch Available already

Coolpapa
10-27-2005, 04:44 AM
https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_ws05.jhtml;jsessionid=VAZ3IIBHMVNX0QHMGAURHOQ?e xperience_id=116231&source_id=6

Schlepper
10-27-2005, 10:08 AM
How much could there be in the book? They certainly didn't do much on us during the season.

Madvora
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
A coin? 3 balls? That sucks.

I kind of want that book though. Looks like you can get that alone for $19.95.

- edit - just bought one

spawn
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I've already placed my order.:D:

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah, the collectibles aren't exactly the best thing in the world, but I had to order. After Marlins fans have had the opportunity to order TWO of these things in my lifetime, I just had to go ahead and take part in the ceremonial post-WS stuff.

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I'll be honest, I tend not to buy Sports Memorabilia. I think most of this does not become valuble. But this win was so special. Is it worth it to most of you to have this stuff? Also, I personally don't like SI and you get this package only with a subscription. (I used to read the Sporting News back when they published all the box scores. That's about two decades now they've stopped.)

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the collectibles aren't exactly the best thing in the world, but I had to order. After Marlins fans have had the opportunity to order TWO of these things in my lifetime, I just had to go ahead and take part in the ceremonial post-WS stuff.
Agreed. I'm not one to buy 10 different home jerseys or Sox beer cozies, but I'm going on a little spending spree for the first World Championship in 88 years. I'm guessing they didn't have a Sports Illustrated book for the Sox back in 1917. :D:

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I'll be honest, I tend not to buy Sports Memorabilia. I think most of this does not become valuble. But this win was so special. Is it worth it to most of you to have this stuff? Also, I personally don't like SI and you get this package only with a subscription. (I used to read the Sporting News back when they published all the box scores. That's about two decades now they've stopped.)

I don't buy memorablia because I think it will be valuable someday. I buy it because I like it or because I want to remember a moment.

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't buy memorablia because I think it will be valuable someday. I buy it because I like it or because I want to remember a moment.

Thanks. Now another question. Is there other stuff available besides the SI stuff, and if so where?

SweetnesSox
10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
A coin? 3 balls? That sucks.

I kind of want that book though. Looks like you can get that alone for $19.95. let's all remember this comes FREE. wow...

anewman35
10-27-2005, 12:11 PM
let's all remember this comes FREE. wow...

"FREE" if you spend like $90 on a SI subscription. If you don't especially want the SI, not really a worthwhile deal.

The Wall
10-27-2005, 12:12 PM
FREE with subscription.

Sub costs about $100 to get this set for free.

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 12:15 PM
"FREE" if you spend like $90 on a SI subscription. If you don't especially want the SI, not really a worthwhile deal.

Exactly what I've been saying!

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks. Now another question. Is there other stuff available besides the SI stuff, and if so where?

I'm sure there will be tons of stuff all over the place. I was just in a Sears the other day and saw an Astros/Sox WS christmas ball. :wink: