PDA

View Full Version : *Rumor*-Rooney may not be leaving?

Domeshot17
10-27-2005, 04:14 AM
My friend at the score says the place has been buzzing, nothing confirmed, but a lot of gossip that Rooney is reconsidering leaving ( I guess he turned down the score before any real negotiations got into place) because of the season and the world series. I guess he told the score he would reconsider if they won the series.

Also he said the station seemed very confident in Paulie being back. They seem to believe Kenny when he says its the first priority.

ATXBMX
10-27-2005, 04:27 AM
Please, don't get anyones' hopes up...Not tonight.

CLR01
10-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Sorry it had to be done. I hope Rooney sticks around though.

samram
10-27-2005, 09:10 AM
I didn't hear his farewell last night. Was there any hint of a reconciliation in what he said?

halfpricemonday
10-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Last night Rooney sounded pretty definitive about leaving. He didn't know what he would be doing, but it sounded like he was saying his goodbyes to the White Sox and the fans. The only melancholy part of an amazing night.

Here's to hope though. I'd love to hear him call our title defense.

harwar
10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh man,i taped all the tv stuff but i totally forgot to tape anything off of the radio.Its not going to be the same around White Sox games with Roones gone.

Trav
10-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Rooney's goodbye left no window open for him to return. I am glad he was able to call a "White Sox Winner" of a World Series before he left. It is a shame that he has to leave but there is no better way to do it.

veeter
10-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Rooney's work this post-season was Hall of Fame stuff. But I think we'll get over it soon. We need Paulie.