PDA

View Full Version : Biggest hit of the postseason?

bringfrankback
10-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Wow, such a hard choice. I'm goin with Konerkos grand slam with Credes GW double, Blums GW homer, and Podsys walk off shot as EXTREMELY close seconds.

Fuller_Schettman
10-27-2005, 02:16 AM
I have to say Iguchi's 3-run shot off David Wells. That was the point we started seeing the Sox not only get some breaks, but to actually deliver a BIG PLAY DAGGER immediately after. It set the tone for the entire rest of the postseason.

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2005, 02:18 AM
I am going with Dye's single in the 8th tonight. It gave us a World Series victory!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

ferdinandshen
10-27-2005, 02:23 AM
however, the biggest momentum-changer must be AJ's "strikeout"
having the Sox lost that game, the outcome must be different

HaroldBaines
10-27-2005, 02:29 AM
I am going with Dye's single in the 8th tonight. It gave us a World Series victory!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

I agree. He had one HELL of a series! The at bat against Roger Clemens and tonight against Lidge.

He was great!

FREE AT LAST!!! :supernana:

ode to veeck
10-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Phil Garner's chair slamming against the dugout wall.

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 03:01 AM
Wow, such a hard choice. I'm goin with Konerkos grand slam with Credes GW double, Blums GW homer, and Podsys walk off shot as EXTREMELY close seconds.

I say it is Crede's game-winning double in Game 2 of the ALCS. We were down 0-1 in the series, but we caught a huge break and Crede took full advantage of it. I doubt that we end up 11-1 in the playoffs if Crede doesn't get that GW RBI in the 9th. That was what ultimately put us on this hot streak that we rode through the World Series, IMO.

The Wall
10-27-2005, 03:12 AM
I have to say AJ's homerun in Game 1 of ALDS against Boston. We did not know how this team would come out of the gates and the team did not know. Scoring 5 in that 1st inning made everyone realize that this is a differently molded team when it came to postseason. They proved it to themselves that they could win on the big stage and then simply took off.

The 11-1 record might seem like it was a cake walk. Dont tell that to a weak-hearted! We sat through the night and then came back to watch our Sox perform one feat that might be hard to replicate - two world series games won on the SAME DAY!

Go Crazy Chicago...Go Crazy!