PDA

View Full Version : A Fitting Salute to Rooney

Professor
10-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I listened to Rooney and Farmer and had the mixed feelings of elation for the victory, but couldn't help feeling a bit of melencholy thinking that was the last broadcast I would hear from Rooney as a White Sox announcer. Here's to you, John!:gulp:

rwcescato
10-27-2005, 12:29 AM
I listened to Rooney and Farmer and had the mixed feelings of elation for the victory, but couldn't help feeling a bit of melencholy thinking that was the last broadcast I would hear from Rooney as a White Sox announcer. Here's to you, John!:gulp:

Here here, I will miss John Rooney dearly.

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Amen, his last call was his best!

StillMissOzzie
10-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Thank you for 18 great years, John Rooney. If you have to go, I am glad the White Sox could send you off in grand fashion!

Good luck wherever you end up, John, not that you'll need it but I for one appreciate all you've done as the radio voice of the Chicago White Sox for all these years.

SMO
This one's for you - the other JR in the White Sox family.
:gulp:

So.ILSoxFan
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
:gulp:

What a sendoff!!!!!!

mike squires
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
What was John's call? What did he say and how did he do it?

MrRoboto83
10-27-2005, 12:41 AM
You are the best in the business John, you will be missed more than you can imagine.

krohnjw
10-27-2005, 12:42 AM
I love rooney's sign off stating he feel lucky to be able to call this his last white sox winner. He's a classy guy all around and will be missed. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Wsoxmike59
10-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Good luck and God speed John Rooney. You came to Chicago the year my daughter was born, and you are the only Chi Sox radio voice she has ever known.

Thank you for being the sound track of our summer, whether it was on summer picnic, camping trip, family vacation, or BBQ out on the patio.

John Rooney has given me MANY moments of hope and joy, with his vivid descriptions of the games. You will be missed more than you will ever know.

White Sox baseball on the radio just took a HUGE step BACKWARDS when it lost you.

P.S. But a great way to go out....on top, just like in Minnesota in 1987....now with the ChiSox in 2005. You can't do better than calling 2 World's Championships.

Wsoxmike59

nodiggity59
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
any way there's a recording of Rooney's call for the last play? For the game?

KruseControl04
10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Rooney, you will be missed. I remember the countless nights I would fall asleep listening to you doing the Sox games on the radio. (I was a kid, it was past my bed time.) So long Rooney, and thanks for the memories!

hsnterprize
10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
any way there's a recording of Rooney's call for the last play? For the game?Click here (http://www.mlb.com), and under the heading "Sweep Dreams: After 88 years, Sox Win Series", click "more". On the left side of the screen after the White Sox summary of the game, there's a list of video and audio clips. Click on "ESPN - Gameday Archive", and you'll hear Rooney and Farmer describe the last out.