PDA

View Full Version : NYYfans.com offers their congratulations

MRKARNO
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=90396

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 01:28 AM
It's nice to see that. I thought it was hilarious that that one guy said he still doesn't think we're going to win the division next year.

TheOldRoman
10-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Best post:
Congratulations to the Chicago White Sox on their first World Series victory since the construction of the Great Pyramids (or bloody close to it!).

At least White Sox fans weren't inclined to the prolonged histrionics and obnoxious sniveling of that other franchise which recently ended a lengthy World Series drought.

Ever see an onslaught of drama from White Sox fans because of their years of futility? Ever see a cadre of masochistic media types whaling about how poor and downtrodden the White Sox were? No.

What we saw were a group of quite and patient fans, never thinking a moment like this would come, quietly bearing their burden without the accompanying nonsense present in a certain other "Nation."

Now, I'm sure we'll see a slew of 3rd-rate books and a P.O.S. movie released about how White Sox fans have "suffered for so long!!!" What's that? We won't see these things? Well, frankly, good.

Do me one favor, please, fans of the White Sox, please spare us the similar nonsense we saw druing the winter of 2004. Please resist the urge to appear on a depraved cable TV make-over show. Please don't rent out the World Series trophy as a barnstorming time-share. Please try, though the urge must be great, to resist turning your victory into a side show.

Most of all, White Sox people, and fans of every other team, watch your ass come 2006. The Yankee juggernaut is gunnin' at you.

Once again, props to Chicago and the White Sox.

Firmly in cheek,
Y.E.

StepsInSC
10-27-2005, 01:34 AM
It's nice to see that. I thought it was hilarious that that one guy said he still doesn't think we're going to win the division next year.

He said "this" year which led me to believe he was joking: mimicking the people who chose us to finish 4th....

samram
10-27-2005, 01:40 AM

He actually said we wouldn't win it this year.:rolling: He must work for Baseball Prospectus.:D:

samram
10-27-2005, 01:41 AM
Best post:

Yeah, that was a good post. I would just say, bring it on mother****er. There's a new sheriff in town.:cool:

Nellie_Fox
10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
He said "this" year which led me to believe he was joking: mimicking the people who chose us to finish 4th....Yeah, he said "I still don't believe they're going to win the Central this year." Clearly a joke.

Joel Perez
10-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Reality, eh??? Reality sucks for a Yankees fan right now, doesn't it??? :redneck'

Shiner Bocks on da house!!! :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
I just checked again. Baseball Prospectus still has the Astros winning in 9 games. They think MLB is full of **** with this best-of-7 crap.

:wink: