PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Jerry Reinsdorf

daveeym
10-27-2005, 01:15 AM
**** YEAH!!!! I've held it together all night till 12:11 when Fox got Jerry on the side and that's when I lost it. The man's responsible for the last 7, the last SEVEN, championships in this town and has caught so much ****. That's when I lost it. Good for you Jerry, I thank you, for bringing a world series champs and overall a great 20+ some years to Chicago sports and for beating those north side losers to the CHICAGO Holy Grail. GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 01:20 AM
And to think he almost moved us to Tampa!

Professor
10-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Just watching an interview with Jerry, and I tell you what, he is a class act. I have never been a naysayer of his, though I was frustrated all of these years. Congrats Jerry!

soxinthecity
10-27-2005, 01:26 AM
A class act, crediting the people behind the scenes and the fans as well.

fuzzy_patters
10-27-2005, 01:27 AM
**** YEAH!!!! I've held it together all night till 12:11 when Fox got Jerry on the side and that's when I lost it. The man's responsible for the last 7, the last SEVEN, championships in this town and has caught so much ****. That's when I lost it. Good for you Jerry, I thank you, for bringing a world series champs and overall a great 20+ some years to Chicago sports and for beating those north side losers to the CHICAGO Holy Grail. GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been critical in the past, but Jerry proved that he knows how to run an organization. It was not just Michael Jordan that made the Bulls win. Jerry Reinsdorf is a class act, and I consider him to be one of the heroes of this season.

mike squires
10-27-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm kind of indifferent on Jerry but one thing is for sure...he has a lot of passion for the game and although we've had our share of downs, he has always wanted a championship in Chicago. It's evident his emotion the last two celebrations how much passion he has. I'll bet you anything he is up on the stage answering questions at Soxfest this year!!!!!!

DrCrawdad
10-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Mr. Reinsdorf I want to thank-you for leading the Sox for all these years with dignity and class. I admire your loyalty to your dedicated employees. I am but one Sox fan, but I hope you stay in your position for many years to come.

Again, Mr. Reinsdorf, thank-you!

Best wishes,
DrCrawdad.

DieTrying79
10-27-2005, 01:38 AM
:cheers: Cheers to Jerry!!

Be careful, that champagne will burn your eyes!

cleanwsox
10-27-2005, 01:41 AM
"Anybody that thinks we can catch Cleveland is crazy."

Just playing... Thank you Jerry for your hard work over the last 20 some years. You have brought us a championship that for a time, I didn't think was possible.

JorgeFabregas
10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Unquestionably the best owner in the history of this city, George Halas be damned.

HaroldBaines
10-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Jerry, I apologize for cursing at you for over 20 years. Mea culpa ad infinatum!

FREE AT LAST!

:supernana:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-27-2005, 01:48 AM
I've had my differences with the Chairman in the 1980s and 1990s but I like what the team has done the past seven years and I was glad to have had the chance to shake Jerry's hand and congratulate him in person in Detroit at the clincher.

To Jerry Reinsdorf and the people he intrusted to manage the club - Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen - thanks for all the hard work you have done and bringing us something we were so very proud of and enjoyed each and every day from a cold April afternoon through tonight - two 1-0 games and a whole lot of fun in between.

Go World Champion White Sox!!!

Buy Jerry Buy!!!

daveeym
10-27-2005, 01:52 AM
To Jerry Reinsdorf and the people he intrusted to manage the club - Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen - thanks for all the hard work you have done and bringing us something we were so very proud of and enjoyed each and every day from a cold April afternoon through tonight - two 1-0 games and a whole lot of fun in between.

Go World Champion White Sox!!!

Buy Jerry Buy!!! Quote of the YEAR!

EDIT: And many props to WFLD Fox for their post season coverage. I could kiss Corey McFarrin right now.

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 02:22 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta19510270606.world_series__hta195.jpg

<Elvis Impersonation>Thank you! Thank you very much!</Elvis Impersonation>

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Thank you Jerry. You made my 92 year-old Southside Irish grandmother very happy!

Baby Fisk
10-27-2005, 02:42 AM
When Selig handed the trophy to Reinsdorf, I burst into uncontrollable tears! Real hard-core sobbing! I WEPT LIKE NOTHING EVER BEFORE! THANK YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!

[WEEPING AS I TYPE THIS] :whiner:

daveeym
10-27-2005, 02:45 AM
When Selig handed the trophy to Reinsdorf, I burst into uncontrollable tears! Real hard-core sobbing! I WEPT LIKE NOTHING EVER BEFORE! THANK YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!

[WEEPING AS I TYPE THIS] :whiner: That got the emotions up for me, but I was still being too loud and obnoxious at that time. The later interview was what really set me off and I've been in and out of tears ever since...And drinking more heavily than I have all night. :cool:

Edit: Maybe it was the head of ticket sales friend that set me off. (no teal or deep pink required, i've already stated that tonight) Cuz seriously after Jerry that guy has had to catch the most **** out of anyone in the last few years.

Baby Fisk
10-27-2005, 02:47 AM
That go the emotions up for me, but I was still being too loud and obnoxious at that time. The later interview was what really set me off and I've been in and out of tears ever since...And drinking more heavily than I have all night. :cool:
God dammit, I'm drinking champagne out of a White Sox mug! [BURSTS INTO TEARS AGAIN] :whiner: THANK YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!

havelj
10-27-2005, 02:50 AM
The best owner this great town has ever had!

pudge
10-27-2005, 03:03 AM
"Anybody that thinks we can catch Cleveland is crazy."

Just playing... Thank you Jerry for your hard work over the last 20 some years. You have brought us a championship that for a time, I didn't think was possible.

I always said, he was right at the time, no way that team would catch Cleveland.

But ya know what? WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!!! :gulp:

DSpivack
10-27-2005, 03:38 AM
When, in this of age of the self-involved arrogant overpaid sports player too doped up on steroids to play the game right, does an entire team--an entire team--chant the name of its owner? I have never heard anything like that before--that is what set me off. "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry."

"Who is going to get the trophy tonight?"
"No one, everyone should get a piece of it tonight, there is no one person, this is a team." -Jerry Reinsdorf

There is joy because of the Sox, but also because of WHO this TEAM is. A true throwback--a team that plays to win, there is no I here whatsoever. A true throwback, not necessarily to any one era [Ty Cobb was the Leon of his age], but to what sports should be.

daveeym
10-27-2005, 03:44 AM
When, in this of age of the self-involved arrogant overpaid sports player too doped up on steroids to play the game right, does an entire team--an entire team--chant the name of its owner? I have never heard anything like that before--that is what set me off. "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry."

"Who is going to get the trophy tonight?"
"No one, everyone should get a piece of it tonight, there is no one person, this is a team." -Jerry Reinsdorf

There is joy because of the Sox, but also because of WHO this TEAM is. A true throwback--a team that plays to win, there is no I here whatsoever. A true throwback, not necessarily to any one era [Ty Cobb was the Leon of his age], but to what sports should be.:whiner: And that's not because I'm whining or think you're whining. :thumbsup:

FedEx227
10-27-2005, 03:45 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/55915867BL083_World_Series_102702_lower.jpg

Congrats, we've all said bad things about you (even those who didn't you know you did) but you proved us wrong, with the Bulls and now with the White Sox, you finally got the one trophy you always said you wanted.... couldn't be more happy for Jerry.