PDA

View Full Version : Let's Revisit an Old Subject

TornLabrum
10-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Over the years here, someone would start a thread asking a question like, "Would you trade 20 years of last place finishes if the Sox would win the World Series just once."

Well, now that we've done it, would you?

Didn't think so!

nasox
10-27-2005, 01:16 AM
looking at our past teams, we did make good on the trade. :D:

CLR01
10-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Over the years here, someone would start a thread asking a question like, "Would you trade 20 years of last place finishes if the Sox would win the World Series just once."

Didn't think so!

So we are a greedy bunch and we told a few lies. It's in the past.:gulp::bandance:

daveeym
10-27-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm extremely greedy but at the same time the absolute enjoyment and pleasure I've gotten out of this is easily worth more than 20 years of last places. We've ****ing bled with this team, it's well worth it. Most touching part of the night was the 80 something guy talking about HIS dad and the enjoyment he would have had. Go SOX.

Deuce
10-27-2005, 01:22 AM
This is the best I have felt since March 2005. Tomorrow, I won't know what to do with all this newfound time, but right now, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Deuce

jabrch
10-27-2005, 01:34 AM
I would - but the good thing is that we don't have to.

If things work out well, and we resign PK and AJ, and get one or two new adds for next season (BJ Ryan?), with McCarthy in the rotation and Duque moving to the pen, we should be better next year than this year.

pudge
10-27-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying we'd have to finish in last place for 20 years in a row starting next year? Cause frankly, I could give a crap. Even if the Sox win another title, which I'd love, it'll never top this one.

TommyJohn
10-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Speaking of old subjects, I have one word for you:

Shrinking.

TommyJohn
10-27-2005, 03:10 AM

Didn't think so!

I was thinking the same thing! So, who wants to finish in last place now?

Lip Man 1
10-27-2005, 12:11 PM
I would in a heartbeat. Last night was more then I could wish for. I'm content. I'm not saying I want the Sox to lose but I've seen the promised land which is a lot more then decades of Sox fans have ever done.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
10-27-2005, 12:14 PM
I would in a heartbeat. Last night was more then I could wish for. I'm content. I'm not saying I want the Sox to lose but I've seen the promised land which is a lot more then decades of Sox fans have ever done.

Lip

I agree with Lip. Of course I want more. But no amount of future losing can ever take the joy away from witnessing this one.

I do desperately hope that yet unborn Sox fans can experience this in the future, though.

:whiner: of joy right now!

Hendu
10-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Ha, I've also said that I would trade the '85 - '86 Bears championship and all 6 Bulls championships for one White Sox World Series championship. Looks like I can have my cake and eat it too :cool:

Flight #24
10-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Now that it's happened, I don't think I'll accept 20 years of last place finishes.....

That said, if they win it all again next year, then I'll accept the 20-last place years!

(at least until this time next year!:wink:)

fquaye149
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM

Didn't think so!

Didn't you hear Hal - it was part of our contract. MLB got the umpires to cheat for us and now we have to forfeit the next twenty seasons.

Seems Selig got wind of some posters here saying they'd do the trade and brought the offer to Kenny. When Selig made the proposal Kenny nodded solemnly and said "1917"

(there is not a teal dark enough.)

Bobby Thigpen
10-27-2005, 02:30 PM
I would gladly take many losing seasons in a row in return for this championship. Nothing could possibly top this. Including back to back championships. Quite frankly I don't care if they even finish above the Royals next year.

Besides 20 straight years of losing would make it easy to get tickets to the games again. I'm not so sure if that should really be in teal.

DenverSock
10-27-2005, 02:34 PM

Didn't think so!

It's not in my power to do so, therefore the question is irrelevant. Besides there is already a repeat thread going on. I've posted there already. Kind of tells where my sentiments lie. Let Cubs' fans talk about one championship.

kevingrt
10-27-2005, 02:37 PM
What have you done for me lately?

Oh just win a World Series here on the southside!

BRDSR
10-27-2005, 02:52 PM
:rolleyes:

I understand the sentiment in this thread, but I have serious doubts abou twhether you'll all be saying this next spring. The fun in being a White Sox fan, in being a baseball fan, is to root and care and live and die by winning and losing. For me, that won't change at all. I'm not sure a championship next year would be quite as sweet as it was this year(although certainly it would be close) but being eliminated next year would be just as painful as it was last year.

Go Sox!

Moses_Scurry
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM

Lip

YES. This is exactly how I feel. Think of it this way:

As a Bear fan, my bitterness is pretty low, and it is that way for only one reason: The 1985 Superbowl. Even though the Bears have sucked for going on 15 years or so, I don't have the depressing thought that I might never live to see them win it all.

The same will hold true for the Sox if they stink up Chicago for the next 20 years. I now know that I have lived to see them win it all, and that will never change.

Of course, I want them to win more and form a Celtic-like dynasty, but no future championship will compare to this one. The only exception would be if my children see their first while I am still alive! That would be pretty fun.