PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Performance in the Post Season?

jabrch
10-27-2005, 12:11 AM
I'd say Uribe and Crede's D. With the exception of Juan on Tuesday, the left side of the IF was amazing. Today in the 8th and 9th, Uribe made 3 FANTASTIC plays that few other SS would have made. Jeter may not have gotten to the ball he got to in the stands. NOBODY has the arm he has to throw out the last runner, and the guy to end the 8th. And Crede's D has been nothing short of spectacular all year.

Joe and Juan may not get the press, but the left side of our IF is as good defensively as any in the game, and that is including the duo of A-Rod and Jeter.

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I would say most underrated would Wee Willie Harris. Whenever he was called on he delivered. Him getting on base was what won us the series.

Domeshot17
10-27-2005, 12:32 AM
The B team in game 3. Marte with the Win, Blum with the home run, Vizciano with outstanding relief

Deuce
10-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Uribe. His mistakes on Tuesday were rough, but his performance the rest of the series was outstanding. And that foul out catch into the stands was unbelievable!!! And don't forget the relievers... to do what they did after so much time off... I can't even comment on how important their performance was.

Deuce

bringfrankback
10-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Bobby Jenks. To go from Double-A in June all the way to 4 saves in the World Series including a 1-0 lead in the clincher. What a gutsy performance.

So.ILSoxFan
10-27-2005, 12:43 AM
:crede
"Donde esta shoota?"

Nellie_Fox
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Bobby Jenks. To go from Double-A in June all the way to 4 saves in the World Series including a 1-0 lead in the clincher. What a gutsy performance.Yeah, but it wasn't "underrated." He was a huge story in the media.

I vote Uribe.

fuzzy_patters
10-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Everyone is deserving. Two guys that have not been mentioned are Cliff Politte and Neil Cotts. They consistently got out after out when called upon with very little fanfare. Without them, we probably have more games against Houston.

PaulDrake
10-27-2005, 12:51 AM
As a kid I remember watching the film of Sandy Amoros making that great catch in the 1955 World Series for the Brooklyn Dodgers. The kids of today will be watching the great catch made by Juan Uribe in the ninth inning of the fourth game of the 2005 World Series.

mbwhitesox
10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
It's so hard to pick "most underrated" because EVERY man on the roster 1 to 25 contributed. That's what makes this team so amazing.

For me, it's Juan Uribe. He probably won't get much recognition, but he has to be one of the best defensive SS in the game today. Aside from his error yesterday (or was it early this morning? :smile: ) he played a great series and those last two outs he made tonight we absolutely fantastic plays. This team has to be considered one of the best post-season teams of all time.

Also, I think Damaso Marte deserves a little credit. He has been criticized all year (and rightfully so most of the time) but he came out of the bullpen last night and hung on long enough to get the win and would have even closed it out if not for that urbie error.

Banix12
10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Juan made one of the greatest catches in world series history, I don't think he'll ever be underrated again.

Willie Harris getting on base and scoring the winning run in a 0-0 ballgame against a tough pitcher at a time when a lot of us were probably shouting "Wille Harris!?! What the hell?" has to be one of the most underrated performances since everybody is talking about Dye right now and not the pinch hit from a guy who i beleive had only 1 pinch hit all season long.

this was the first world series I can think of where I think you can absolutely say it was a complete team effort.

bringfrankback
10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah, but it wasn't "underrated." He was a huge story in the media.

I vote Uribe.

true, they did cover him but not a lotttt. ill change mine to the whole bullpen. After the ALCS everyone was like "Are they too rusty?" With the exception of Jenks paving the way for Podsedniks homer they have been truly brilliant.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Defensively - Crede and Uribe are the best since Robinson and Belanger and maybe even better.

On the Mound - Politte and Cotts - They kept us in many games and did better than everyone including themselves may have thought they were capable of.

Behind the scenes - Herm Schneider and his crew for keeping the team healthy all season which put us in the position we were to win it all.

Thank you everyone in the entire Chicago White Sox organization - each and everyone of you are World Champs!!!

Hendu
10-27-2005, 02:01 AM
I have to say Freddy. Lost in all the deserved accolades JD, Juan and Jenks are receiving for this game...Freddy pitched his heart out. Not bad from our 4th starter, huh?

PAPChiSox729
10-27-2005, 02:03 AM
I have to say Freddy. Lost in all the deserved accolades JD, Juan and Jenks are receiving for this game...Freddy pitched his heart out. Not bad from our 4th starter, huh?

Yes, his outing tonight is being very much overlooked. 7 IP of shutout ball shouldn't be ignored. He kept us in this game.