PDA

View Full Version : congrats houston

soxwon
10-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Congrats to the Astros for making the Sox play their asses off and helping us win this series.
The Stro's Were very tough- tougher than i figured.
they brought out the best in us.

SoxSpeed22
10-27-2005, 01:08 AM
That was the toughest sweep ever! Houston will definitely be back next year.

schmitty9800
10-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Houston showed that they can succeed in the playoffs. But they have holes in their lineup, and some bullpen problems. Plus Roger is probably gone...while Oswalt, Pettite, and Backe are solid, but Wandy + whoever else will be question marks.

Of course if they go out and pick up some bats, who can say what will happen.

J Co
10-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Congrats 'stros for a great year!! You should hold your heads up. Even though it was a sweep every game went down to the wire. The most exciting 'Fall Classic' in a while.

antitwins13
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
I'd also like to give a big ole shout out to STROSFAN and Killa Bees for being good sports about everything and talking baseball with us this post season.

Banix12
10-27-2005, 01:57 AM
I'd also like to give a big ole shout out to STROSFAN and Killa Bees for being good sports about everything and talking baseball with us this post season.

They were incredibly classy during all of this as were just about every Houston fan I came across. Good Luck to the astros, I hope someday you fans of Houston can feel as good as all of us sox fans feel right now.

LongLiveFisk
10-27-2005, 02:00 AM
Absolutely...I am very impressed with that Astros team. Wow, every game was an absolute dogfight and even being up 3 games to none, I was still a nervous wreck!!

Astros fans...good luck next year. Bring one home for Bagwell, Biggio, & Co.!!

Jjav829
10-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Congrats to the Astros and their fans on a great season. They came back from a huge hole to not only make the playoffs, but advance to the World Series. The 4-0 series sweep does not in any way reflect the Astros play. They fought every game down to the wire. The four games were decided by a total of 6 runs. That's incredibly close. We just happened to play a little bit better then the Astros, but they were a very tough opponent.

Here's to you Astros fans. :gulp:

If for some reason we aren't back in the World Series in 340 days or so to defend our title, then I hope you guys are there and take it.

Banix12
10-27-2005, 02:31 AM
I would add also that while his team ended up losing the game, tonight was a huge coming out Party for Brandon Backe. Sure he's had some great games before in both this season and last season but on the grandest stage of all he flat out dominated for seven innings and did what Oswalt, Petitte, and Clemens couldn't do.

They have some older talent but if that young talent develops like it looks like it is going to they should be sitting pretty for years to come.

ode to veeck
10-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Even Garner was surprisingly courteous and gracious tonight. The rest of the Strohs were classy and tough down to the very last out Congrats to them on a tremendous season. The Sox total runs margin, a differential of 6 runs, tield the record for the lowest in a sweep. It was not an asskicking, but four very close, tough games. Unfortunately for the Strohs the Sox lead the majors in road victories and one run games. They also came from behind with regularity throughout the playoffs. If they were tight in September, they were the loosest team I've EVER seen in the playoffs

spawn
10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Congrats to the Astros. It was a sweep, but the Astros were in all 4 games. A scrappy team who, along with the Sox, came out of nowhere to get to the WS. They never quit, never surrendered. And hats off to Brandon Backe. The man was incredible last night. Here's to the Astros kicking the Cubs ***** for years to come.:gulp:

Stroker Ace
10-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, after losing Beltran and Kent, they do even better than last year. Congrats Houston, you played us tough.

mccoydp
10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I would add also that while his team ended up losing the game, tonight was a huge coming out Party for Brandon Backe. Sure he's had some great games before in both this season and last season but on the grandest stage of all he flat out dominated for seven innings and did what Oswalt, Petitte, and Clemens couldn't do.

They have some older talent but if that young talent develops like it looks like it is going to they should be sitting pretty for years to come.

Backe was absolutely pumped and wanted a win so bad for his team, you could see it in his face and mannerisms in the dugout. Great pitching performance!

SoxFan76
10-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Great job 'Stros. I have to say they have become another team I can root for when they aren't playing the Sox. Not so much a fan of Garner, but I do like that team. Hopefully Lidge pulls himself together and they can make a return to the post season.

Berkman is one of those guys who is hard to hate, besides when he's whipping your team's ass. Same for Biggio. I really like that Burke kid too. (I feel like Ozzie, I'm 19 and I'm calling him a "kid")

Congratulations.

Baby Fisk
10-27-2005, 08:27 PM
It's too bad it had to be the Astros. Guys like Biggio and Bagwell got "that close" and may not get another chance. Backe pitched like a beast -- I can't believe Garner didn't let him start the 8th. It was really hard to get a hate on for that team.

buehrle4cy05
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
As much as I dislike Garner, I really think think that Astros club they got there is pretty good. Willy Taveras next year is going to be great. I wish good luck to the Astros next year (except when we play them...IIRC, we play them in Houston during the regular season, and then in the World Series:cool:). It was said earlier, if we aren't there, I hope that it's Houston, because guys like Biggio deserve it.

JimEdmonds15
10-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Of course they have a great team.. Dont be surprised if there's another NLCS between St. Louis and Houston next year.. I wouldnt!

Banix12
10-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Of course they have a great team.. Dont be surprised if there's another NLCS between St. Louis and Houston next year.. I wouldnt!

i wouldn't be suprised at all. I think it's been made pretty clear that even when both teams aren't at full strength they are the top teams in the NL.

SOXintheBURGH
10-28-2005, 01:28 AM
i wouldn't be suprised at all. I think it's been made pretty clear that even when both teams aren't at full strength they are the top teams in the NL.

But.. but.. but.. since the Red Sox and White Sox won, its the Cubbies turn now!!!