PDA

View Full Version : Buck!

icesox26
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
I was rather impressed with him tonight.

I loved his ending.

Anyone remember what he ended with to the exact words?

This is for you...?

ElDuque26
10-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I was rather impressed with him tonight.

I loved his ending.

Anyone remember what he ended with to the exact words?

This is for you...?

this what you were looking for

"And for this team that for so long has been considered the second team in the second city no more, the Chicago White Sox are world Champions."

HotelWhiteSox
10-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Screw FOX, I switched to John Rooney's last moments towards the end (and kicked myself for not doing it earlier). Buck's voice was depressed afterwards, and before winning, rahter than showing the Sox fans in the park, talking about the obvious 'let's go white sox' chant, or even showing them preparing the clubhouse for champagne, we have to see if Backe blinks and hear the second team crap. FOX, worst coverage ever!

VivaOzzie
10-27-2005, 01:18 AM
I cant even remember what he was saying, I was too busy watching our guys during the best moment of their careers...GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!:gulp:

mike squires
10-27-2005, 01:34 AM
That was a nice comment but after the game it sounded like he was presiding at a funeral. I should have been out in the car listening to John and Ed but wanted to share the moment with my wife.

How was Roony's call by the way?

Fuller_Schettman
10-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Buck and McClueless were able to make Chris Berman seem like Bob Costas.

Now that is hard to do.

I'd take ESPN over FOX coverage any day!

KruseControl04
10-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver were truely awful during the Series. But then again, I hated the ESPN analysts as well. Everyone seemed biased. But we won and that's all that matters!

soxfan123
10-27-2005, 02:04 AM
My friends and I turned off the crappy Buck announcements and turned up the Journey for a couple innings. It was awesome.