PDA

View Full Version : Sox Parade

soxwon
10-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Say we win it tonight, When do you think the Parade downtown will be?
I really hope its saturday afternoon or sunday
I have to work inventory sat morning and can't get out of it.
Any thoughts?

FedEx227
10-27-2005, 02:40 AM
I work friday and saturday night

so I'm hopin for a mid-day parade, if not I'll take off or something they can fire me, I got another job waiting anyway.

CJLove23
10-27-2005, 02:42 AM
I actually heard it was Friday at noon, I might be wrong though

LuvSox
I work friday and saturday night

so I'm hopin for a mid-day parade, if not I'll take off or something they can fire me, I got another job waiting anyway.

Rock on Sox fan, stick it to the man!!!!

I'm hoping for Friday.

Soxfan35
TV said some time Friday afternoon. I was hoping for a Grant Park saturday afternoon party.

Foulke You
10-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Per ChicagoSports.com:

October 27, 2005, 12:51 AM CDT

City officials planned to announce Thursday details regarding a parade and rally for the White Sox.

City Hall sources said late Wednesday that the celebration "probably" would be on Monday, beginning with a motorcade of players and their families leaving U.S. Cellular Field. The motorcade likely will wind through several Chicago neighborhoods before arriving at Grant Park for a rally.

Not sure why they are picking Monday. I was hoping for Saturday so I wouldn't have to miss any work. Regardless, I HAVE to be there. I can't believe we are discussing a parade for the Sox!! Holy CRAP is this awesome!

peeonwrigley
10-27-2005, 02:45 AM
Per ChicagoSports.com:

October 27, 2005, 12:51 AM CDT

City officials planned to announce Thursday details regarding a parade and rally for the White Sox.

City Hall sources said late Wednesday that the celebration "probably" would be on Monday, beginning with a motorcade of players and their families leaving U.S. Cellular Field. The motorcade likely will wind through several Chicago neighborhoods before arriving at Grant Park for a rally.

Not sure why they are picking Monday. I was hoping for Saturday so I wouldn't have to miss any work. Regardless, I HAVE to be there. I can't believe we are discussing a parade for the Sox!! Holy CRAP is this awesome!

Well, if it had to be a weekday Monday is ideal. Most downtown employers will let people out to enjoy it. It allows time to plan for everything, etc...

I agree that Saturday would have been the best, but...

ITS A FRICKIN WORLD SERIES CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!!!

NowBatting19
10-27-2005, 02:53 AM
After hearing this, I do hope it's Monday.....I'm heading downstate this weekend and want to be around to experience it. I better get my doctors note ready for Monday ---- work.....it Gone!!

Domeshot17
10-27-2005, 03:05 AM
I am praying its monday, I am havin major back surgery friday morning, so this weekend would suck, but monday, Unless I die on the table I will be there

koch44
10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
On the Mike North show, they just said there's going to be a parade on Monday that ends up in Grant Park, no time announced.

SSN721
10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
:(: Argh, this sucks. Why cant it be saturday. there is no way I can takle time off to be there. Crap. I was really hoping for saturday. Oh well, at least I got to be at the UC last night. As close to a real game atmosphere as you can get I think. What a blast. Just mad I have to miss the parade.

MsSoxVixen22
10-27-2005, 10:24 AM
CRAP! I hope its not Monday...I don't know if I'll be able to take off/leave early. Whats worse, my boss is in a pissy mood so it probably wouldn't be a good time to ask him. :whiner: If anyone finds out the time, please let us know

kninchicago
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
At least if it's on Monday during the day, Loop fans can see some of the parade/rally on their lunch break. That's my plan.

JBJas42
10-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Ha... I think it's funny that it will be on Halloween since this season has been so magical already. We can just say we are all going as White Sox fans this year :D:

Congrats to the SOX! Through thick and thin they never gave up - I think we would've beaten ANY team from any time this year!

house215
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Monday??? Noooo!!!!

winitall
10-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I just hope they find a way to route the parade past Tribune Tower.

Law11
10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Ive already put in for Monday off. Its just something I cant miss.